Jordan Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Jordan Caron

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Feel free to provide an example of a mistake made by Caron so far this year. BTW, CJ doesn't go to the 4th line in the final 10 minutes looking for a goal. He wants energy and a goal would just be a bonus. Caron got extra ice ahead of Thornton because he's far more reliable defensively. That's not playing both sides. That's just a fact.

That's hard to do from watching the game on TV.  He's rarely near the puck, so he's rarely on TV.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm disappointed in Caron.  

Before anyone objects, I agree that he should probably be where he is and he's probably better for the Bruins than Bourque or Tardif, or whoever.

But I've always liked Caron, mostly because I thought he had the tangibles to succeed with the Bruins and if he just progressed his game and kept getting better, he would be a key player.  That wish remains largely unfulfilled.  He seems about the same as he has been every year so far, and my excitment about him is lower than the day he was drafted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He was given extra shifts with with Campbell and Paille in the final 10 minutes yesterday. BTW, why would CJ go to a player that plays perect defensively when he needs a goal? Keep on trying. You're really flailing when you're jumping on board with Soxy. What a shocker.

The bolded sentences are contradictory.

The ilalicized sentence is your typical attempt to draw attention away from the topic and discredit the post.

Nice comprehension. Your new nickname should be Flails. How is the statement contradictory? CJ wanted an energy shift and gave Caron the extra ice time because he's less likely to make a gaffe than Thornton. That's simple logic for those who aren't flailing. Keep it up. Just like yesterday (when you accused me of lying), we're all laughing at you now. Feel free to provide any and all instances of me passing on misinformation. I so anxiously await your findings although I expect to be reported to the mods for bullying before any actual examples show up here. Speaking of misinformation, let's recap:

1. Re: Game 27: Bruins at Penguins GDT

posted at 3/17/2013 2:42 PM EDT

• Not-A-Shot
      • First: 12/30/2009
      • Last: 3/18/2013

Learn the game sister. He hasn't been on the ice for a goal against this year. Tell us all how it's just coicidence though.

Wow is your bull*hit and act old.  All you do is fight with everyone.  You are full of mis-information and mis-direction.  So tired of this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

For the perfect player why is it that his line is skipped on numerous shifts when the game is on the line??

Yep, and lets not forget that CJ and PC always have a habit of looking to replace their perfect hockey players.

Now watch the rest of this snob's cronies come running to his defense...just don't forget to drink your koolaid first.

Dez has cronies?  News to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Feel free to provide an example of a mistake made by Caron so far this year. BTW, CJ doesn't go to the 4th line in the final 10 minutes looking for a goal. He wants energy and a goal would just be a bonus. Caron got extra ice ahead of Thornton because he's far more reliable defensively. That's not playing both sides. That's just a fact.

How many mistakes can a guy make playing 10 minutes or less a game?? If you're not on the ice you can not make mistakes.

The key stat for the entire line is +/-...now speaking specifically about Caron in the last 5 games his +/- is ZERO. He may not be giving up goals while he's out there but he sure isn't scoring any either?

The thing that bugs me the most about him is he is a big kid that could do some damage if he just hit somebody every now and then or put himself in front of the net to screen the goalie, in my opinion he plays much smaller than his size.

With the likelihood that Krecji will be out at least a few games, here's hoping Caron and Pandolfo step up and give the team more than nothing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Interesting thing about game 1 vs. game 6 of his call-up?  In game one with Kelly at C, that line saw 20 shifts, and Caron got almost 14 minutes of ice.  The next game vs. Ottawa, 12 shifts and just over 8 minutes.  He's been getting between 9 and 10.5 minutes since.  It's a little bizarre how he went high, and made a nice play for a goal, then low and did nothing, and now a lowball average that sees him, as NAS said, rarely near the puck and so invisible if you're watching on TV.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nice comprehension. Your new nickname should be Flails. How is the statement contradictory? CJ wanted an energy shift and gave Caron the extra ice time because he's less likely to make a gaffe than Thornton. That's simple logic for those who aren't flailing. Keep it up. Just like yesterday (when you accused me of lying), we're all laughing at you now. Feel free to provide any and all instances of me passing on misinformation. I so anxiously await your findings although I expect to be reported to the mods for bullying before any actual examplesshow up here. Speaking of misinformation, let's recap:

This is very simple. 

1a.  "His job is to come in and play better than Bourque was."

1b, "CJ put him in the lineup in the hopes that he'd be better than Bourque."

No, his job isn't to be better than Bourque.  It is to be a good third line player.  This is an example of how you repeat yourself in hopes that it will eventually be true.

2.  "He's done that as evidenced by the fact he's never on the ice when the other team scores.  The 3rd line had a real issues in that regard before Caron's arrival. Now they don't."

How much of this is due to Caron?  How can this success be attributed to Caron?

3.  "Caron plays perfect positional hockey. He makes no mistakes."

Oh my.  Considering that he's not on the TV very much for very long and you are not at the game, how can this be known?

School's out, puppet.  Go get your shinebox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Interesting thing about game 1 vs. game 6 of his call-up?  In game one with Kelly at C, that line saw 20 shifts, and Caron got almost 14 minutes of ice.  The next game vs. Ottawa, 12 shifts and just over 8 minutes.  He's been getting between 9 and 10.5 minutes since.  It's a little bizarre how he went high, and made a nice play for a goal, then low and did nothing, and now a lowball average that sees him, as NAS said, rarely near the puck and so invisible if you're watching on TV.

Book, somehow Dez has been able to determine that "Caron plays perfect positional hockey. He makes no mistakes" despite not being able to see him very much on tv. 

How do you think Dez is able to know this?  Is he magic or is he just full of bull?  (hint:  He isn't magic.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

The answer to what? His job is to come in and play better than Bourque was. Mission accomplished.

His job is to be a good third line (at least) NHL player.

Caron has not looked out of place. He's backchecking and forechecking, getting to lose pucks and battling hard on the boards. He has had a couple of chances to score but I think the kid is just playing simplyfied fundemental hockey, which he should do. 

I never expected him to come in and score goals. His ice time is limited and his doing a decent job at paying attention to detail. IMO, I still think they are showcasing him.

Overall, I give him a solid C+.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Again, remember he's now playing on a different wing, and that line now has Pandolfo instead of Kelly. Huge difference.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Book, somehow Dez has been able to determine that "Caron plays perfect positional hockey. He makes no mistakes" despite not being able to see him very much on tv. 

How do you think Dez is able to know this?  Is he magic or is he just full of bull?  (hint:  He isn't magic.)

Your argument that you're unable to cite any Caron mistakes because you can't tell on TV is laughable. You're a joke and you're upset because you know it. I know he's not making mistakes because I watch the games and know enough about it that I don't need someone else to tell me when a mistake occurred. Listen Flails, it'll be easier on everyone else if you just go back to ignoring me. I'll get ahold of you if I need guidance on being a hypocrite or better yet, help putting into words how much it hurts inside when people are negative after games. Until then, see ya around Flails. Everyone's still laughing at you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to superj2k10's comment:

Caron has not looked out of place. He's backchecking and forechecking, getting to lose pucks and battling hard on the boards. He has had a couple of chances to score but I think the kid is just playing simplyfied fundemental hockey, which he should do. 

I never expected him to come in and score goals. His ice time is limited and his doing a decent job at paying attention to detail. IMO, I still think they are showcasing him.

Wow he backchecks and forechecks...isn't that a prerequisite of even getting icetime on a CJ team?? Basically you are saying he is mucking, problem is, he doesn't hit anybody to interrupt the play or steal a puck or two every now and then. 

If I recall a couple of games last season when Caron came up and threw his weight around, and for those games he looked like a player...but he hasn't done much of that this season with the B's and I think it shows in the fact that he is almost invisible out there as NAS had posted earlier.

I mentioned earlier that his line doesn't even play in the 3rd period of close games, meaning that Peverley is also feeling the pains of his linemates inconspicuous play, although CJ has compensated him by putting him on the power play, replacing Seguin of all people.

Actually Peverley hasn't looked to bad there, but Seguin should be on the ice as much as possible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to superj2k10's comment:

Wow he backchecks and forechecks...isn't that a prerequisite of even getting icetime on a CJ team?? Basically you are saying he is mucking, problem is, he doesn't hit anybody to interrupt the play or steal a puck or two every now and then. 

If I recall a couple of games last season when Caron came up and threw his weight around, and for those games he looked like a player...but he hasn't done much of that this season with the B's and I think it shows in the fact that he is almost invisible out there as NAS had posted earlier.

I mentioned earlier that his line doesn't even play in the 3rd period of close games, meaning that Peverley is also feeling the pains of his linemates inconspicuous play, although CJ has compensated him by putting him on the power play, replacing Seguin of all people.

Actually Peverley hasn't looked to bad there, but Seguin should be on the ice as much as possible.

Where are you getting that idea though Soxy? I'm not giving a hard time when I say that's 100% false. Here's the full ice time report from recent games.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20122013/TV020418.HTM

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20122013/TH020405.HTM

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20122013/TH020391.HTM

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Your argument that you're unable to cite any Caron mistakes because you can't tell on TV is laughable. You're a joke and you're upset because you know it. I know he's not making mistakes because I watch the games and know enough about it that I don't need someone else to tell me when a mistake occurred. Listen Flails, it'll be easier on everyone else if you just go back to ignoring me. I'll get ahold of you if I need guidance on being a hypocrite or better yet, help putting into words how much it hurts inside when people are negative after games. Until then, see ya around Flails. Everyone's still laughing at you.

Typical and expected.  You asked me to provide instances of mis-information and I did.  Your reponse?  Mis-direction.

Without seeing Caron on TV very often, how can you tell that he's not making mistakes and is positioned perfectly?

" I know he's not making mistakes because I watch the games and know enough about it that I don't need someone else to tell me when a mistake occurred."

You know what that is?  Jibberish.  And it's garbage.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oops.  More mis-information.  I never said that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Another thread devolves into a slander fest.

Caron gets a passing grade for his first 6 games.    He's doing the right stuff, but it's not showing up on the scoreboard FOR the Bruins - and just as important he's not costing them anything on the scoreboard.

His play is quite acceptable and he looks like he's going in the right direction.  What I see is a guy who hasn't been making mistakes.  And it is NOT a mistake to miss a pass that's put too far out in front of him.  He's not turning the puck over horribly.

I like him better than Bourque or Pandolfo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I trust anyone blindly that have the initials JC. 

For me, Bourque and Caron have had completely different roles...Bourque as a PP guy + having Kelly at Center   vs.   Caron as primarily a 3rd line guy with Peverley at Center.  Tough to make any kind of direct comparison really. 

The bottom line is that (overall) our 4th line is outplaying our 3rd line and that is unnacceptable on all fronts.  This excepts the rare occasion that our 4th ends up out there against the Crosby line. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Another thread devolves into a slander fest.

Caron gets a passing grade for his first 6 games.    He's doing the right stuff, but it's not showing up on the scoreboard FOR the Bruins - and just as important he's not costing them anything on the scoreboard.

His play is quite acceptable and he looks like he's going in the right direction.  What I see is a guy who hasn't been making mistakes.  And it is NOT a mistake to miss a pass that's put too far out in front of him.  He's not turning the puck over horribly.

I like him better than Bourque or Pandolfo.

I guess so, if improvement on his game isn't what your looking for. He's sorta like a 76 Pinto stuck in a snowdrift in Oxbow Saskatchewan, spinning his wheels.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Your argument that you're unable to cite any Caron mistakes because you can't tell on TV is laughable.You're a joke and you're upset because you know it. I know he's not making mistakes because I watch the games and know enough about it that I don't need someone else to tell me when a mistake occurred. Listen Flails, it'll be easier on everyone else if you just go back to ignoring me. I'll get ahold of you if I need guidance on being a hypocrite or better yet, help putting into words how much it hurts inside when people are negative after games. Until then, see ya around Flails. Everyone's still laughing at you.

Oops.  More mis-information.  I never said that.

That's what you're running with now Flails. I jusi left the bathroom and I know I saw your relevance swirling around the bowl. Take your "victory" and scream it from the hilltops "winner". Everyone will still be laughing at you when you get back. Hey, why don't you start up a thread about how hurtful the forum can be. That would be swell. See ya around Flails.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Dez, you asked me to find instances of mis-information.  I did, quite easily in fact.

And your response is...mis-direction.

Total garbage.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I know it's early, but I'd like to nominate the early front runner in Stupidest Post Of 2013:

Dezeruchi said:

"I know he's not making mistakes because I watch the games and know enough about it that I don't need someone else to tell me when a mistake occurred."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Where are you getting that idea though Soxy? I'm not giving a hard time when I say that's 100% false. Here's the full ice time report from recent games.

First, kudos for the statistical breakdown, I liked it.

However, what were you questioning?? The fact that I said Peverley was being impacted or that his linemates play was inconspicous?

I looked at the Pens and Caps games that were somewhat different in their results...but it appears that CJ is getting Peverley on the ice more, and I attributed that to getting on the PP. However, in the Pens gave he replaced Krecji on the top line too.

It is clear to me that Caron and Pandolfo get less ice time in the 3rd period as witnessed in the Pens game. With the lead these guys took more regular shifts.

What it really comes down too is this...You and some others are satisfied with Caron's play while myself and others are not. We each have that right to our opinions, but you must admit this...it wouldn't take much for the B's to upgrade from Caron by making a trade...although Kaleta would not be my player of choice there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

First, kudos for the statistical breakdown, I liked it.

However, what were you questioning?? The fact that I said Peverley was being impacted or that his linemates play was inconspicous?

I looked at the Pens and Caps games that were somewhat different in their results...but it appears that CJ is getting Peverley on the ice more, and I attributed that to getting on the PP. However, in the Pens gave he replaced Krecji on the top line too.

It is clear to me that Caron and Pandolfo get less ice time in the 3rd period as witnessed in the Pens game. With the lead these guys took more regular shifts.

What it really comes down too is this...You and some others are satisfied with Caron's play while myself and others are not. We each have that right to our opinions, but you must admit this...it wouldn't take much for the B's to upgrade from Caron by making a trade...although Kaleta would not be my player of choice there.

Clearly I was questioning your assertion that "his line doesn't even play in the 3rd period of close games". That's why I highlighted it in my reply. BTW, that statistical breakdown was provided by NHL.com, not by me. I simply provided a link to the information.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And there's another post that is off topic.  Tell us more about how you know he's not making mistakes because you watch the games and know enough about it that you don't need someone else to tell you when a mistake occurred.

This fantastic statement really reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48-tcRiBNj4

Sections
Shortcuts