Jordon Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Jordon Caron

For those of you who are scared of numbers, don't bother reading. The thread on predicted Bruins point totals got me thinking on Jordan. This year's he's pegged to take Pouliot's spot full time. Pouliot got over 12 mins per game while last year Caron got 11:30. Sometimes they swapped spots, Pouliot saw some 4th line duty and so on. So lets say Caron becomes the full-time least-important forward on the 3rd line and gets about 13minutes per game, or an extra 10% icetime per game. He plays every game and gets 82games instead of 48. If he was to produce at the exact same rate (an assumption purely for discussion) given a large increase (88%) in total playing time he would put up 13+15=28pts. Not bad for a 9th forward, not as good as Pouliot. Based on his solid finish to the season and his increased maturity, I think it's fair to expect he'll improve on those totals. That would make him easily a 30+ point guy, and a good reason that the Bruins didn't bother to sign another established forward.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Jordon Caron

In Response to Jordon Caron:
    Based on his solid finish to the season and his increased maturity, I think it's fair to expect he'll improve on those totals. That would make him easily a 30+ point guy, and a good reason that the Bruins didn't bother to sign another established forward. Posted by OatesCam

Jordan has got 4 guys in camp this fall that will be pushing him so he had better get off to a good start. This will make for good scrimmages in Wilmington and tenacious play in exhibition games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Jordon Caron:
    For those of you who are scared of numbers, don't bother reading. The thread on predicted Bruins point totals got me thinking on Jordan. This year's he's pegged to take Pouliot's spot full time. Pouliot got over 12 mins per game while last year Caron got 11:30. Sometimes they swapped spots, Pouliot saw some 4th line duty and so on. So lets say Caron becomes the full-time least-important forward on the 3rd line and gets about 13minutes per game, or an extra 10% icetime per game. He plays every game and gets 82games instead of 48. If he was to produce at the exact same rate (an assumption purely for discussion) given a large increase (88%) in total playing time he would put up 13+15=28pts. Not bad for a 9th forward, not as good as Pouliot. Based on his solid finish to the season and his increased maturity, I think it's fair to expect he'll improve on those totals. That would make him easily a 30+ point guy, and a good reason that the Bruins didn't bother to sign another established forward.
    Posted by OatesCam

Nothing more than optimistic speculation!

Caron had the opportunity to take Pouliots minutes last year and he didn't do enough to earn the ice-time...this won't  change in 2012 and he'll be fighting Bourque or Spooner or someone else for 3rd line minutes.

Let's se, optimistically 30 points in 82 games?? That's one point approximately every 3 games...how exciting...who needs an established veteran forward when Jordy can put up numbers line that??

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Jordon Caron:
    In Response to Jordon Caron : Nothing more than optimistic speculation! Caron had the opportunity to take Pouliots minutes last year and he didn't do enough to earn the ice-time...this won't  change in 2012 and he'll be fighting Bourque or Spooner or someone else for 3rd line minutes. Let's se, optimistically 30 points in 82 games?? That's one point approximately every 3 games...how exciting...who needs an established veteran forward when Jordy can put up numbers line that??
    Posted by Soxdog67

Can I have tomorrow's lottery numbers? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Jordon Caron : Jordan has got 4 guys in camp this fall that will be pushing him so he had better get off to a good start. This will make for good scrimmages in Wilmington and tenacious play in exhibition games.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

How long of a leash do you think CJ will give him SanDog? 10-15 games, or do you think even less? 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Calculating what a player's performance would be over a full season of icetime using the previous (somewhat poor and limited) year is neither optimistic or pessimistic.  It's also probably not realistic, as in all likelyhood he will do either better or worse. Based on the effort I've seen him give, the talent he has displayed, the team's desire to see him succeed (he's a first rounder - they don't want him to fail) and their willingness to give him a spot to play, I suspect he will improve at least moderately.

[QUOTE]In Response to Jordon Caron : Nothing more than optimistic speculation!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think the team has allocated him a spot. If the team is doing OK he gets at least a quarter of the season to mess up.  That said, I think there is a decent chance Spooner plays himself on to the team. Spooner can play left wing as well as center. If there is one thing the Bruins have shown under PC and CJ, it's that if a rookie deserves it, they can take another's spot.

In Response to Re: Jordon Caron : How long of a leash do you think CJ will give him SanDog? 10-15 games, or do you think even less? 
    Posted by nitemare-38

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Jordon Caron : How long of a leash do you think CJ will give him SanDog? 10-15 games, or do you think even less? Posted by nitemare-38

"Arrgghh 20 games I say" ~ Bookboy lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt Clod Jams. Show Dirt Clod Jams's posts

Agree with Oates, Caron's spot has been set for the beginning of the season.  CJ has shown the desire to get him into the lineup citing his NHL style of play. This is the make or break year for him with the Bruin's, he showed improvements defensively and appears to be making the most of his offseason training.  If he shows he can help create a little offense with Peverley and Kelly and play in your face D then he will not be replaced by a rookie who hasn't played CJ hockey before.  

If he doensn't show the B's that he has earned that spot and can be easily replaced by Spooner, Bourque, etc, then I think a seller would value him in a package for NHL talent at the deadline.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Jordon Caron : Can I have tomorrow's lottery numbers? 
    Posted by nitemare-38

Not a prediction or a forecast, just my opinion.

I am not high on Jordy like many others here...I think he was given a great opportunity last season to grab the 3rd line winger job and he couldn't do it and lost out to Poulliot. What did he look good for about a week and then disappear again?

I hope I'm wrong but I just am not very keen on Caron, which is why I advocated for the B's to retain Pouliot in other topics.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The unspoken point of my original post is that Caron having a season just like last season (which you and most would say was at least somewhat poor) would still net him about 13G 15A which is not bad for the worst player on your third line. At his worst he is still "OK" (for reference that would have placed him 8th on the Conference-leading Rangers forward depth chart). If he improves at all, which is almost a given for a 21 year-old player who has some years of pro experience now under his belt and is about to get more icetime, he is a very solid, above-average 3rd liner.

In Response to Re: Jordon Caron : Not a prediction or a forecast, just my opinion. I am not high on Jordy like many others here...I think he was given a great opportunity last season to grab the 3rd line winger job and he couldn't do it and lost out to Poulliot. What did he look good for about a week and then disappear again? I hope I'm wrong but I just am not very keen on Caron, which is why I advocated for the B's to retain Pouliot in other topics.
    Posted by Soxdog67

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I think he takes a step forward. 35-40 points.
    Second year in Claude's system is when the training wheels come off.
    Regular shifts with Peverly and Kelly along with a strong work ethic will yield results.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Funny...but I have very little to say about Caron.  He neither excites me as a player who could break out nor does he cause me concern as the weak link in the Bruin lineup.  I don't think he's vulnerable to the Spooners and Knights of the world yet, and I doubt he gets any first line time if Horton is slow to get his hands back.n  He's on the roster.  They've shown some faith in him by not bringing Rolston or others back.  That's all I got.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

After many long hours I finally have all of Caron's numbers and vital stats laoded into the super mega tron computer for evaluation. Now going through the pre determined waiting period to allow for optimal projections.

Also, I like the way he goes to the front of the net

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think he takes a step forward. 35-40 points. Second year is Claude's sytem is when the training wheels come off. Regular shifts with Peverly and Kelly along with a strong work ethic will yield results.
    Posted by seobrien

He and Bergeron are concentrating their workouts on increasing foot speed. That will also help.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i like Caron's size, which he uses, on that third line....  unless he forgets how to skate, the job's his to lose....  wouldn't be surprised to see him get 15-20 goals....  

Bourque's been a career ahler and Spooner & Knight probably need at least one year there.... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Funny...but I have very little to say about Caron.  He neither excites me as a player who could break out nor does he cause me concern as the weak link in the Bruin lineup.  I don't think he's vulnerable to the Spooners and Knights of the world yet, and I doubt he gets any first line time if Horton is slow to get his hands back.n  He's on the roster.  They've shown some faith in him by not bringing Rolston or others back.  That's all I got.
    Posted by Bookboy007

You must be under the weather.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

. Also, I like the way he goes to the front of the net Posted by JWensink

Yah me too and he needs to do more of it!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

After many long hours I finally have all of Caron's numbers and vital stats laoded into the super mega tron computer for evaluation. Now going through the pre determined waiting period to allow for optimal projections. Also, I like the way he goes to the front of the net
    Posted by JWensink

I knew you'd get something right eventually. You just needed to keep trying. Good for you.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Math is scary!

After many long hours I finally have all of Caron's numbers and vital stats laoded into the super mega tron computer for evaluation. Now going through the pre determined waiting period to allow for optimal projections. Also, I like the way he goes to the front of the net
    Posted by JWensink

Sections
Shortcuts