Julien as HC for Team Canada?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Julien as HC for Team Canada?

I was stunned to read this from LeBrun:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22914/rumblings-hold-on-pens-arent-done-dealing

Team Canada hasn’t named its Olympic coaching staff for next February because it’s waiting for the NHL to sign off on Sochi first (a decision on the NHL and Sochi should come by mid-April). But the worst-kept secret in hockey is that Team Canada is going to bring back Mike Babcock and his staff (Ken Hitchocck and Lindy Ruff) for Sochi. Thing is, retired coach Jacques Lemaire needs to be replaced and I’m hearing that Boston Bruins head coach Claude Julien is a very good bet for that spot. And if that’s the case, it’s a brilliant decision. Julien has been long overdue for this kind of honor.

I absolutely love this idea - you know Canada will have the group up front and plenty of moxie, but getting all the pieces moving in the same direction tactically is something Julien can handle well. What do y'all think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Julien as HC for Team Canada?

Yeah Asmaha, I was already aware that he was the front runner in many eyes. I saw lebrun campaigning for CJ the other night but I didn't want to bring it up. I've grown so tired of sticking up for his coaching skills. I figure his resume now speaks for itself. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Someone has to look after the defensive side of the game. I can't think of a better choice for that role than CJ.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not HC, though - probably run the D bench.  Or, I don't know, design the PP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This bodes well for team USA LoL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

This bodes well for team USA LoL

and Bowness as assistant . HA !