Julien Benching Ryder: Crazy Like a Fox?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Julien Benching Ryder: Crazy Like a Fox?

So you have a guy who can score with the best of them when he's hot (and might as well be serving nachos in the luxury boxes when he's not) and who can absolutely carry a team in the playoffs, when he seems to morph into some other-worldly superhero who plays 150% over his regular-season head and can dominate the offensive zone ice 2-3 shifts in a row.  What better way to 1) make sure he's healthy for said superhero performance, and 2) properly motivate him (think David Banner/Incredible Hulk) than to inexplicably make him a healthy scratch towards the end of the season, in what amount to garbage games? 

I'm just sayin.

Everyone is either all over Julien for benching Ryder, or all over Ryder for getting benched.  Perhaps Julien knows what kind of player he's dealing with (he had him in Montreal and had him in juniors), and knows that the best way to get the most out of Ryder WHEN IT COUNTS is to play a little gamesmanship with him now. 

I'm just sayin.  Call me crazy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Julien Benching Ryder: Crazy Like a Fox?

I wish you were right, but I doubt it.  Personally, I think Ryder has come to grips with the fact he is done with hockey.  I doubt anybody will give him a contract next year. 
    On that note, what would you take him back for, given what you said about when he is producing he can score.  A Recchi type deal, or is him taking up a roster spot not worth it at any price?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Ryder knows if he comes up big in the playoffs some fool team wil sign him for 3 M. If he is cold or plays like he did during the season he gets no more than 1 M, so lets see how motivated he is.

Go B's  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

His agent will make the argument that he's a guaranteed 25 goal scorer (even though he isn't, it's roughly his average, though) and someone will give him $2.5 Mil... Maybe a team like the Islanders who have some shifty centers that could benefit from a "finisher" and also needs help getting to the cap floor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Julien Benching Ryder: Crazy Like a Fox?:
    [QUOTE]Ryder knows if he comes up big in the playoffs some fool team wil sign him for 3 M. If he is cold or plays like he did during the season he gets no more than 1 M, so lets see how motivated he is. Go B's  
    Posted by jman4[/QUOTE]
    Ryder has to know that teams would be wary of overspending for a 20 goal per year player that's played his way into being a spare part on a team who's coach has had him 4 times in his hockey career.If playing for his teammates won't get him motivated enough,I hope playing for another contract will.Ryder looked hungry against the Leafs.I like Ryder when that is the player who shows up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Julien Benching Ryder: Crazy Like a Fox?:
    [QUOTE]So you have a guy who can score with the best of them when he's hot (and might as well be serving nachos in the luxury boxes when he's not) and who can absolutely carry a team in the playoffs, when he seems to morph into some other-worldly superhero who plays 150% over his regular-season head and can dominate the offensive zone ice 2-3 shifts in a row.  What better way to 1) make sure he's healthy for said superhero performance, and 2) properly motivate him (think David Banner/Incredible Hulk) than to inexplicably make him a healthy scratch towards the end of the season, in what amount to garbage games?  I'm just sayin. Everyone is either all over Julien for benching Ryder, or all over Ryder for getting benched.  Perhaps Julien knows what kind of player he's dealing with (he had him in Montreal and had him in juniors), and knows that the best way to get the most out of Ryder WHEN IT COUNTS is to play a little gamesmanship with him now.  I'm just sayin.  Call me crazy.
    Posted by wilsondogg[/QUOTE]
    Ryder is playing the same way he did his last year in Montreal
    ,looks like he has given up,can't see him comming out of it he didn't in Montreal

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Julien Benching Ryder: Crazy Like a Fox?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Benching Ryder: Crazy Like a Fox? : Ryder has to know that teams would be wary of overspending for a 20 goal per year player that's played his way into being a spare part on a team who's coach has had him 4 times in his hockey career.If playing for his teammates won't get him motivated enough,I hope playing for another contract will. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

GMs make this mistake in all sports they sign on potential to go from 30 goals a year to more. I'm sure the cap will keep going up significantly in the coming years is what was probably thought and PC most definitely thought Ryder's numbers would go up playing for his favorite coach. 

I think signings like this happen allot in all sports the athlete gets phat (and fat in some cases) with his contract then becomes unmotivated. PC just didn't look into why Guy Carbonneau benched Ryder in his last season in Montreal. That was a mistake made by a GM early in his career of his first non-assistant job trying to make the Bruins better too quickly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Benching Ryder: Crazy Like a Fox? : GMs make this mistake in all sports they sign on potential to go from 30 goals a year to more. I'm sure the cap will keep going up significantly in the coming years is what was probably thought and PC most definitely thought Ryder's numbers would go up playing for his favorite coach.  I think signings like this happen allot in all sports the athlete gets phat (and fat in some cases) with his contract then becomes unmotivated. PC just didn't look into why Guy Carbonneau benched Ryder in his last season in Montreal. That was a mistake made by a GM early in his career of his first non-assistant job trying to make the Bruins better too quickly.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I'll have to put some of this on CJ too as I would think he must've had some input.I'm sure he just figured he'd be able to get the best out of Ryder.Why wouldn't he think that?Ryder was a key player on every team that CJ coached him on.But finally,Ryder's lack of motivation has begun to outweigh CJ's coaching skills.Maybe Ryder actually hates playing for CJ and wishes he'd leave him the fu@k alone.At least that's how he plays most nights.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I can see him going to Detroit similar to Cleary and they will turn him into an allstar.  Make no bones about how much I dislike Ryder.  But someone will pay him.  In a time where goals are hard to come by some GM will offer him a deal. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I believe to fairly evaluate Ryder, you have to look at his whole game and not just the goal scoring.

His plus minus is only a hint at what a detriment he is.

He doesn't create any momentum by stealing pucks or disrupting break outs by the opposition.

He doesn't do the follow through checks.

He is ok at backchecking

When he has the puck;

rarely if ever shows creativity passing

can't pass that well

doesn't stickhandle very well and is pretty useless if there is too much traffic in front or if he needs to get out of a crowd.

if he has time and space he can get the snap shot off and he's quite good at that.

I believe a player that would score fewer goals, but keep momentum going for the Bruins by doing that other stuff would lead to more goals for his line mates.  Ryder would be so much more of a contributor if he got more of the assists that are the plain hard working type, but that's what he virtually never does.

Ryder is on my list of momentum killers along with Komiserak, Kessel, Wideman, Kovalev and Wheeler.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

bh you really do not watch any games do you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

RYDER WILL BE VERY IMPORTANT IN THE PLAYOFFS AND WILL HAVE A MONSTER PLAYOFF   PLAY HIM WITH BERGERON AND REX   PUT MARCHAND WITH SEGUIN AND PEVS  AND MOVE KELLY WITH THORN/PAILLE CAMP 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]bh you really do not watch any games do you.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

all right, what did I say?

come on, he's a floater.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ryder is actually 3rd on the team in takeaways,behind only Bergeron and Marchand.Bergeron is way ahead of the rest of the team.He has 46 and the next best is 34.Then Ryder at 32.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Ryder is actually 3rd on the team in takeaways,behind only Bergeron and Marchand.Bergeron is way ahead of the rest of the team.He has 46 and the next best is 34.Then Ryder at 32.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked to hear that.

I've got to figure out why those take aways are invisible to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Benching Ryder: Crazy Like a Fox? : I'm shocked to hear that. I've got to figure out why those take aways are invisible to me.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I was surprised too BH but that's what the official stats say.I'm with you.It's far easier to see the lax efforts than to find positives in his game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Benching Ryder: Crazy Like a Fox? : I'm shocked to hear that. I've got to figure out why those take aways are invisible to me.
    Hey BH,I'm sure you noticed Ryder's takeaway today(maybe he will get 20 goals).Cheers on another victory.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Benching Ryder: Crazy Like a Fox? : GMs make this mistake in all sports they sign on potential to go from 30 goals a year to more. I'm sure the cap will keep going up significantly in the coming years is what was probably thought and PC most definitely thought Ryder's numbers would go up playing for his favorite coach.  I think signings like this happen allot in all sports the athlete gets phat (and fat in some cases) with his contract then becomes unmotivated. PC just didn't look into why Guy Carbonneau benched Ryder in his last season in Montreal. That was a mistake made by a GM early in his career of his first non-assistant job trying to make the Bruins better too quickly.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Good Post SanDog ! If you don't mind me saying so ...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

BadH, you gotta watch the games sober ! lol