julien calling people out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

julien calling people out

Cload seems a little different lately, can't remember him complaining about the other team out loud to the press before he did about Montreal the other night or singling out the third line the way he did after the crapitals game. Usually its "we all have to do a better job blah blah blah"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: julien calling people out

I am not a fan of his calling out Hamilton. What the hell did you expect CJ when you had a 19 year old rookie facing off against Ovechkin all night and then put him in a 4 on 4 overtime situation? That's what the vets are supposed to be for. If anything, blame Boychuk, Ference, and McQuaid for not being effective enough to even be considered in those situations....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bingo, Hamilton will have growing pains.  He was placed in a major role during the Canadien matchup (Chara in the box).  He has made an impact offensively but he needs to be responsible defensively.  Where does he learn such things:  AF, Boychuk, McQuaid, etc.  Veterans must show by example, if not then by maintaining the confidence of the young player.  Just maybe CJ is doing just that!

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I am not a fan of his calling out Hamilton. What the hell did you expect CJ when you had a 19 year old rookie facing off against Ovechkin all night and then put him in a 4 on 4 overtime situation? That's what the vets are supposed to be for. If anything, blame Boychuk, Ference, and McQuaid for not being effective enough to even be considered in those situations....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

He's an NHL'er now. It's not like he's being abused the way the Leafs abused Kadri. If he's mature enough to play in this league he's mature enough to take the heat when his game goes South. You can't baby the guy, but you don't constently call him out. Which isn't the case yet. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

He's an NHL'er now. It's not like he's being abused the way the Leafs abused Kadri. If he's mature enough to play in this league he's mature enough to take the heat when his game goes South. You can't baby the guy, but you don't constently call him out. Which isn't the case yet. 

I agree with you Nite. CJ is just treating Douglas like a man. He heaped plenty of praise on him when he played well so I see no problem with CJ pointing it out when Douglas has an off night. That game certainly qualified. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I agree with you Nite. CJ is just treating Douglas like a man. He heaped plenty of praise on him when he played well so I see no problem with CJ pointing it out when Douglas has an off night. That game certainly qualified. 

Yep & I bet CJ had a talk with DS & asking. "What the hell you trying to teach this kid Dennis!" lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree to a point. Yes, he is an nhler now but he is also a 19 year old rookie so some mistakes are expected. But, he is not the reason why the team lost and if Cj is comfortable enough to call out his rookie when he makes a mistake he should be just as willing to do it when his vets, the supposed stable presences, screw up consistently. Ference has been brutal most of the year...no peep from CJ. Boychuk has had a terrible past few games...not one word from the coach. The 19 year old rookie Dman who scored earlier in the game (who else on the back 6 not named Chara has done that recently) gets beat along with his vet partner by a guy who pulled some good moves and suddenly CJ is calling him out in the media. Just sayin....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I agree to a point. Yes, he is an nhler now but he is also a 19 year old rookie so some mistakes are expected. But, he is not the reason why the team lost and if Cj is comfortable enough to call out his rookie when he makes a mistake he should be just as willing to do it when his vets, the supposed stable presences, screw up consistently. Ference has been brutal most of the year...no peep from CJ. Boychuk has had a terrible past few games...not one word from the coach. The 19 year old rookie Dman who scored earlier in the game (who else on the back 6 not named Chara has done that recently) gets beat along with his vet partner by a guy who pulled some good moves and suddenly CJ is calling him out in the media. Just sayin....

You'll get no argument from me on any of these players, but you have to put yourself in CJ's shoe's for a minute. He lost his two previous head coaching jobs, because of veterans on the team going against him. He's called out the 3rd line which was long over due, but he can't do that when his team had a 14-2-2 record. And I'm willing to bet that CJ had a talk with Dougie before he went to the media. I just think CJ has learned from things he's done in the past & he's picking his spots a little better. This won't be the last time Hamilton gets pointed out. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You'll get no argument from me on any of these players, but you have to put yourself in CJ's shoe's for a minute. He lost his two previous head coaching jobs, because of veterans on the team going against him. He's called out the 3rd line which was long over due, but he can't do that when his team had a 14-2-2 record. And I'm willing to bet that CJ had a talk with Dougie before he went to the media. I just think CJ has learned from things he's done in the past & he's picking his spots a little better. This won't be the last time Hamilton gets pointed out. 

Very true. It just irks me that coaches do this to rookies (remember Seguin as a rookie?) but don't have the stones to treat their veterans the same way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I wish I had the original source for Scotty Bowman saying that you have to know as a coach that playing rookies costs you games.  (Googling for it is annoying - every Scotty Bowman rookie card dealer in existence pops up....)  You have to accept that that's a cost someone has to pay at some point, and so you play the rookies and lose the games when it hurts the least.  Like when you're 14-3-3.

I don't mind coaches speaking the truth to the media.  They have eyes and we, who rely on the media for access, also can see that Hamilton has gotten burned a few times recently.  Ditto the third line.  Today's quote was great - they aren't playing offense or defense.  If it wasn't for special teams, they'd be cheerleaders.  You don't embarrass guys; I can call them cheerleaders, but Claude can't.  But why shouldn't he say that one guy beat two for the third and fourth goals against Washington?  The Caps pushed the puck right up the middle both times.  On the third goal, it was the wing on Hamilton's side who pocketed the goal, and on the fourth, Fehr drove Hamilton's side before burying that shot.  Rookie.  Seidenberg can't be bailing him out or suddenly he's trying to do someone else's job.  And again, the Third Line did them no favours.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I wish I had the original source for Scotty Bowman saying that you have to know as a coach that playing rookies costs you games.  (Googling for it is annoying - every Scotty Bowman rookie card dealer in existence pops up....)  You have to accept that that's a cost someone has to pay at some point, and so you play the rookies and lose the games when it hurts the least.  Like when you're 14-3-3.

I don't mind coaches speaking the truth to the media.  They have eyes and we, who rely on the media for access, also can see that Hamilton has gotten burned a few times recently.  Ditto the third line.  Today's quote was great - they aren't playing offense or defense.  If it wasn't for special teams, they'd be cheerleaders.  You don't embarrass guys; I can call them cheerleaders, but Claude can't.  But why shouldn't he say that one guy beat two for the third and fourth goals against Washington?  The Caps pushed the puck right up the middle both times.  On the third goal, it was the wing on Hamilton's side who pocketed the goal, and on the fourth, Fehr drove Hamilton's side before burying that shot.  Rookie.  Seidenberg can't be bailing him out or suddenly he's trying to do someone else's job.  And again, the Third Line did them no favours.

I recall that quote too. How true.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

hah...even Fluto is taking shots at the 3rd line:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/03/game_21_maple_l.html

Unfortunately, neither Paille nor Pandolfo are the answer.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/03/game_21_maple_l.html

I firmly believe that Fluto often grabs his "story" ideas from here on the forum. Typically he's only a few days behind. It seems he's weeks behind on this one. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

It's coming from all angles now.  And what do you know, he mentioned Clowe, Jarome Iginla, Brendan Morrow and Ryan Smyth and Caron.  What's wrong with this guy talking about possible trades?  LOL

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/haggerty-bruins-need-address-third-line-weakness

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Good for CJ !

No excuse for letting the opposition walk in to the front of the crease from the blue line without paying the price. Doesn't matter if your 19 or 39 - it's the NHL for cripes sake. That's not a "mistake" , it's an attitude.  Hamiliton among many others played soft in that game - Rask was being abused and the Caps were imposing their will on the B's all over the ice all night long -unaccepatable. Getting beat is one thing, not competeing is something else.

This kind of mindset reminds me of 2011, and that can end up being a really good thing. There was a culture shift at that time, and the B's management including CJ decided it was time to crank up the accountability. Cam was disgusted, PC and CJ got the message. Just ask Wheeler, Stuart or Hunwick. Poor play now might be just what the doctor ordered. You don't get opportunities that often to be a legit Cup contender, the window doesn't stay open forever. So if you're not doing the job, consider yourself pre warned, and don't buy any green bananas. Much prefer the angry CJ to the passive, and yes, that wasn't always the case.

Go Claude -

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Good for CJ !

No excuse for letting the opposition walk in to the front of the crease from the blue line without paying the price. Doesn't matter if your 19 or 39 - it's the NHL for cripes sake. That's not a "mistake" , it's an attitude.  Hamiliton among many others played soft in that game - Rask was being abused and the Caps were imposing their will on the B's all over the ice all night long -unaccepatable. Getting beat is one thing, not competeing is something else.

This kind of mindset reminds me of 2011, and that can end up being a really good thing. There was a culture shift at that time, and the B's management including CJ decided it was time to crank up the accountability. Cam was disgusted, PC and CJ got the message. Just ask Wheeler, Stuart or Hunwick. Poor play now might be just what the doctor ordered. You don't get opportunities that often to be a legit Cup contender, the window doesn't stay open forever. So if you're not doing the job, consider yourself pre warned, and don't buy any green bananas. Much prefer the angry CJ to the passive, and yes, that wasn't always the case.

Go Claude -

Anybody else wonder whether the lack of coming to the defense of Rask has to do with his talk/criticism in the media of his teamates in front of him this season?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

He sure did heap the praise and it was rightly justified, as is the fact Douglas has had a rough couple of games which CJ waas justified in pointing out. This is the NHL and its not like CJ ripped douglas a new bumhole, he just pointed out he and Seidenberg have to be better.Same with the third line, this board has been on them for the last couple of weeks so CJ must have been visiting this forum and thought these guys are right , i better light a fire under my $6 mil dollar penalty killers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

My thoughts exactly. I'm not sure why he only called out Hamilton though, Seidenberg looked silly last night. No one on D has looked good lately.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I firmly believe that Fluto often grabs his "story" ideas from here on the forum. Typically he's only a few days behind. It seems he's weeks behind on this one. 

Perhaps he is a regular on these forums Dez.  Any ideas who he may be? Stanley perhaps...just kidding.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Publicly criticizing your players is a bit of a slippery slope.  Assume CJ is doing it because he feels like it will motivate them to clean up their game and turn things around.

Publicly criticizing your players because you are frustrated as the coach is a dangerous place to be. Feels good to the fan-base, but is also a good way to "lose" players as well.  Good/great coaches know which approach to take which each individual to motivate the player to get the most out of them. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

It's coming from all angles now.  And what do you know, he mentioned Clowe, Jarome Iginla, Brendan Morrow and Ryan Smyth and Caron.  What's wrong with this guy talking about possible trades?  LOL

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/haggerty-bruins-need-address-third-line-weakness

I liked the line:

"The third line needs a left wing with size, strength, experience and some offensive ability, and it’s very difficult to argue otherwise."

How true. Right now NAS is steaming in his cave......lol.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Publicly criticizing your players is a bit of a slippery slope.  Assume CJ is doing it because he feels like it will motivate them to clean up their game and turn things around.

Publicly criticizing your players because you are frustrated as the coach is a dangerous place to be. Feels good to the fan-base, but is also a good way to "lose" players as well.  Good/great coaches know which approach to take which each individual to motivate the player to get the most out of them. 

Great post Crowls. A good coach needs to be able to push the right buttons at the proper time. I think CJ has a decent feel for his lineup. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'm not in favor of calling someone out in the media, that achieves zero. If a player is to be called out it should be done within the confines of the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I'm not in favor of calling someone out in the media, that achieves zero. If a player is to be called out it should be done within the confines of the team.

Shame can be a powerful motivator. It's been working for the catholic Church for quite awhile now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Shame can be a powerful motivator. It's been working for the catholic Church for quite awhile now.

Ironic, considering the institution itself has none....

Sections
Shortcuts