julien calling people out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: julien calling people out

come on stan, this is the Twitter/Facebook age of sports....if you don't publicly call out a guy to perform, 5,000 bloggers will.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

come on stan, this is the Twitter/Facebook age of sports....if you don't publicly call out a guy to perform, 5,000 bloggers will.

Maybe so but it seems that whenever things are handled in the public it never turns out well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Maybe so but it seems that whenever things are handled in the public it never turns out well.

Geez, you make it seem like CJ said Hamilton was a , no good, slow, weak, cement skate wearing, saloon door of a d-man who has no place in the NHL. If CJ had said that then i might agree with you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Geez, you make it seem like CJ said Hamilton was a , no good, slow, weak, cement skate wearing, saloon door of a d-man who has no place in the NHL. If CJ had said that then i might agree with you.

Lol, not sure how you got all that by me saying I'm a fan of things being kept at the team level.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Lol, not sure how you got all that by me saying I'm a fan of things being kept at the team level.   

Just jiving ya Stan. ;p 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Just jiving ya Stan. ;p 

lol, u got me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Just jiving ya Stan. ;p 

lol, u got me.

I do think though its ok to mention a player by name in regards to his play, good or bad, as long as it isn't a total thrashing and said player isn't hung out to dry. In Hamiltons case i don't think that happened. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Just jiving ya Stan. ;p 

lol, u got me.

I do think though its ok to mention a player by name in regards to his play, good or bad, as long as it isn't a total thrashing and said player isn't hung out to dry. In Hamiltons case i don't think that happened. 

I agree w/ that. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

The D has been horrendous lately.  Not just the blue-liners, but the forwards chipping in.  

Ference needs to stop focusing on his future as Senior VP, Turnovers Division, for Pepperidge Farms and play hockey.

Well played ipot. I love it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The D has been horrendous lately.  Not just the blue-liners, but the forwards chipping in.  

Ference needs to stop focusing on his future as Senior VP, Turnovers Division, for Pepperidge Farms and play hockey.

Lol, "Senoir VP, Turnovers Div".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think more like Union Steward, Turnovers Division Pepperidge Farms.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I wish I had the original source for Scotty Bowman saying that you have to know as a coach that playing rookies costs you games.  (Googling for it is annoying - every Scotty Bowman rookie card dealer in existence pops up....)  You have to accept that that's a cost someone has to pay at some point, and so you play the rookies and lose the games when it hurts the least.  Like when you're 14-3-3.

I don't mind coaches speaking the truth to the media.  They have eyes and we, who rely on the media for access, also can see that Hamilton has gotten burned a few times recently.  Ditto the third line.  Today's quote was great - they aren't playing offense or defense.  If it wasn't for special teams, they'd be cheerleaders.  You don't embarrass guys; I can call them cheerleaders, but Claude can't.  But why shouldn't he say that one guy beat two for the third and fourth goals against Washington?  The Caps pushed the puck right up the middle both times.  On the third goal, it was the wing on Hamilton's side who pocketed the goal, and on the fourth, Fehr drove Hamilton's side before burying that shot.  Rookie.  Seidenberg can't be bailing him out or suddenly he's trying to do someone else's job.  And again, the Third Line did them no favours.

for the record i never said anything was wrong with what Cload said, i just seemed out of charachter for him

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He's been handling Hamilton differently than he did Seguin, that's for sure.  It may be, as KPD opined, that Hamilton's upside contributions as a PMD are so needed that they have to find other ways to deliver the tough love than benching his keister, or it may be that DH is much more mature as a 19yr old than Seguin was as an 18yr old.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

He's been handling Hamilton differently than he did Seguin, that's for sure.  It may be, as KPD opined, that Hamilton's upside contributions as a PMD are so needed that they have to find other ways to deliver the tough love than benching his keister, or it may be that DH is much more mature as a 19yr old than Seguin was as an 18yr old.

Nice post. If Seguin wasn't doing something right, he'd have him in the pressbox the next game or two. Not with Hamilton, he's learning on the job, so this his way of letting him know he's screwing up is to call him out. I'm fine with that, and Hamilton will be better off for it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I agree with you Nite. CJ is just treating Douglas like a man. He heaped plenty of praise on him when he played well so I see no problem with CJ pointing it out when Douglas has an off night. That game certainly qualified. 

This is the NHL and its not like CJ ripped douglas a new bumhole, he just pointed out he and Seidenberg have to be better.Same with the third line, this board has been on them for the last couple of weeks so CJ must have been visiting this forum and thought these guys are right , i better light a fire under my $6 mil dollar penalty killers.

If that's all CJ said then i'm fine with that. The only other time I agree with a coach or a GM singaling a player out is when they act like Avery, T.O. or new US diplomat Rodman are acting like children.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

goodnewsbear

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I firmly believe that Fluto often grabs his "story" ideas from here on the forum. Typically he's only a few days behind. It seems he's weeks behind on this one. 

Perhaps he is a regular on these forums Dez.  Any ideas who he may be? Stanley perhaps...just kidding.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

goodnewsbear

lol....any proof of this per chance?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

That's fan btw!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Not really, just a hunch based on my remark this fall "Nothing to  Fear but Fehr himself".  Good News bear then said that was funny.   Then I saw the quote on CSNNE (Hags) a week later with regards to negotiations at that point.  So I am shooting in the dark.  

In response to jmwalters' comment:

goodnewsbear

lol....any proof of this per chance?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Not really, just a hunch based on my remark this fall "Nothing to  Fear but Fehr himself".  Good News bear then said that was funny.   Then I saw the quote on CSNNE (Hags) a week later with regards to negotiations at that point.  So I am shooting in the dark.  

Works for me. BNB has not posted for a while, I almost forgot about him/her.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

LOL.  That's freakin' hilarious.  No, I am not Fluto.  I don't even read anything he (or KPD, for that matter) write.  I've said a few times that I live in Bouctouche, NB.  I doubt Fluto has ever heard of it.  It's a great place to live, a population of 2400 and two hockey rinks.  We also have beautiful beaches to enjoy the summer months.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

LOL.  That's freakin' hilarious.  No, I am not Fluto.  I don't even read anything he (or KPD, for that matter) write.  I've said a few times that I live in Bouctouche, NB.  I doubt Fluto has ever heard of it.  It's a great place to live, a population of 2400 and two hockey rinks.  We also have beautiful beaches to enjoy the summer months.

It's also a great place to visit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Bouctouche!!! You're kidding me....I'm from the "chi"

Sections
Shortcuts