Julien going off on embellishment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Julien going off on embellishment

Never heard this from him before , it's worth a thread by itself.

It’s frustrating because tonight as everybody saw, there’s a lot of embellishment.

And this is embarrassing for our game, the embellishing.

And right now they’ve got over 100 power plays, so far, and it’s pretty obvious why.

It was pretty obvious, you know, when P.K. gets hits and he throws himself into the glass and holds his head ...you know what? We start calling those penalties for embellishment, maybe teams will stop doing it.

courtesy of Matt Kalman

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Julien going off on embellishment

You know Therrien is going to respond. I can't wait to hear this..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I don't disagree

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and tonight I only saw a few instances,  they were not as bad as other times.

The one that got me was when Bruins were shorthanded and Ference came in with a nice hit on Pacioretty ,  he went down like a bag of sand ,  jolted his head back and looked at the ref.  That would have been another 5 on 3.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

You know Therrien is going to respond. I can't wait to hear this..

This could be great!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Leopards never change their spots.. as much as Julien would like this to happen, the Canadien Olympic Diving Team has used these tactics for years and will continue to use it to their advantage...if they can get away with it , it is a smart move... they have always been successful against the B's when they goad them into retaliation.. Tonight I thought the B's lost a bit of their composure and looked a little tired in the 3rd, and ended up losing the game..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

its on the refs to get rid of this. Quite the disappointment so far this season. They're calling EVERYTHING else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Leopards never change their spots.. as much as Julien would like this to happen, the Canadien Olympic Diving Team has used these tactics for years and will continue to use it to their advantage...if they can get away with it , it is a smart move... they have always been successful against the B's when they goad them into retaliation.. Tonight I thought the B's lost a bit of their composure and looked a little tired in the 3rd, and ended up losing the game..

Habs got into Boston at 2am, the Bruin layers were on their 5th and 6th dreams. No excuse.

Agree on the composure part in the 2nd but the Bruins were in the lead to start the 3rd, composure does not play a factor at that point. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 86redsox's comment:

its on the refs to get rid of this. Quite the disappointment so far this season. They're calling EVERYTHING else.

and they said they were going to crack down on this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Habs got into Boston at 2am, the Bruin layers were on their 5th and 6th dreams. No excuse.

Agree on the composure part in the 2nd but the Bruins were in the lead to start the 3rd, composure does not play a factor at that point. 

Who is this Composure guy.  San mentioned him on the game thread.  I need to google him.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

and they said they were going to crack down on this.

league has enough time to look at this stuff after the gms.  Start fining them.  Then put the starting lineups in the refs change room and circle repeat offenders and call them every time.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

What do the Canucks and Habs have in common?  

--They're both good at getting under the Bs skin with flopping and cheap shots;

--yes, the Bs DO lose their composure and forget about winning;

--the Bs lose.

Last year the Nuck Nucks did this last January, and the Bs never recovered the swagger they for 25+ games going into that game.  It was up and down for the rest of the season after that.  

I don't think losing to Vancouver sunk them for the rest of the season.  A lot was made of that, but really think about it. 

Krejci and Horton break in two on one.  In most any game, they'll probably score.  This time however, Horton's mind is elsewhere.  "I can't believe we lost to Vancouver a month and a half ago.  That was awful.  Maybe we're not that good."  Horton's pass to Krejci is off the mark and the shot goes wide.

Probably not realistic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

What do the Canucks and Habs have in common?  

--They're both good at getting under the Bs skin with flopping and cheap shots;

--yes, the Bs DO lose their composure and forget about winning;

--the Bs lose.

Last year the Nuck Nucks did this last January, and the Bs never recovered the swagger they for 25+ games going into that game.  It was up and down for the rest of the season after that.  

Settle down IPot. They lost 1 game to them. They won the only other time they played. I haven't worried about the Habs beating us since the late 80's. We'd beat them in a 7 game series. They have that in common with the Nucks.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to ipotnyc's

Dez, I'm more concerned with the Bs losing their momentum than meeting the Habs again.  

That's what happened after that Nucks game last year.  

CJ has to get them stay on focus.

So far they've followed up losses with some stellar play. Worry not Amigo. They still haven't even put it all together yet. They will be fine.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EricRGreen. Show EricRGreen's posts

and tonight I only saw a few instances,  they were not as bad as other times.

The one that got me was when Bruins were shorthanded and Ference came in with a nice hit on Pacioretty ,  he went down like a bag of sand ,  jolted his head back and looked at the ref.  That would have been another 5 on 3.

Just an observation. In that instance, Pacioretti was bleeding and the replay did actually show a stick hitting him in the face. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to EricRGreen's comment:

Just an observation. In that instance, Pacioretti was bleeding and the replay did actually show a stick hitting him in the face. 

There was a high stick that hit Pacioretty with about 3mins left in the game , the refs missed that one, the same as there was on a Bruin earlier in the 3rd with refs missing it.

The embellishment I'm talking about was in the 2nd period with the Habs already on a PP.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Thought Boston was the better team for 2 periods... 17 minutes without Chara is a lot (but I agree with what he did!)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'm not worried about a loss to Montreal half way thru the season but they need to clean up all the turnovers. Good for Claude.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Claude said it best in the game interview by Englom.  The Bs were not executing.  The defense and first line were not making crisp passes.  Point to the loss in those comments.   

As for embellishment, it is the 21st century.  Start fining the players.  Marchand's stick in the face of Prust should be fined.  PK acting like he got shot and sliding into the net, fine.  On and on.....

Sandog is incorrect.  Yes, the Bs were undisciplined.  Yet, Chara was responding to a Seguin's hit.  Broken stick on the ribs, yup lost the game but the "Team" will remember the action.  If Seguin had been hurt severely many on here would be crucifying Chara for not doing anything!  Look above to why the Bs lost.  Poor execution.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from birbobruins. Show birbobruins's posts

Julien is right : teams are flopping right and left. Here's proof : You are right: embellishment must stop. Here's proof that teams are flopping...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WigPio6Wk7Y

If these guys can't withstand these hard hits, what will they do when they get cross-checked and bullied around by the likes of brutes like Chara, Horton, Lucic and the rest. Of course, the B's are only "defending" themselves...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

i smell a troll...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achilles2004. Show Achilles2004's posts