Julien Interview

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Re: Julien Interview

And if your GM philosophically thinks making the 2nd round two years in a row is good, or when he says a cup might be the ultimate goal but isn't really what they shoot for to judge a successful season, he's close to the head of the problem.  In all of our other 3 organizations in Boston, if a GM or team Pres said that, Kraft Wyc or Henry/Lucchino would have their heads.  All 3 of those teams consistently say championship or bust, hence, they win championships.  The message from the powers that be for b's, second round is pretty darn good, keep up the good work boys.  Chias so passive and defensive, like Clod, it's extremely frustrating.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

I never want to see Julien and Belichick in the same sentence ever again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: Julien Interview:
    In Response to Re: Julien Interview : sandog outside of just looking up who was the 4th line say last year for chicago and checking there minutes after every game in boxscore to see how many shifts and minutes they got. is there another way to check that. the reason i ask is because i have heard this point alot lately about how much claude plays the 4th line. i would like to know how much more it actually is?
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

Chi played 22 games

Burish 15 games 5:34Avg didn't play final game
    Brouwer 19 games 11:01 Avg (final game 10 shifts 6:07)
    Eager 18 games 6:02 Avg-(final game 4 shifts 2:00)
    Madden 22 games 11:34 per game(final 22 shifts 10:31 incl 3:03 SH)

4 shifts for Eager, is 4 more than I want Thorn to have, I hope he proves me wrong and is the next John Druce.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

What I want rto know is what thef' does Belicheck know about hockey.

Absolutely zero, s o why is he even mentioned on here, the bum.

Then again, he is only a degree below clod, roll em all you freakin tool.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Both Bos and Was have lost their respective series over last 3 years in the seventh game, both coaches have that vacant stare like the light is on but there is nobody home. A conference final between them would give the cameramen fits, trying to get a resonse or emotion out of the 2 zombies would be hilarious.

Not sure if Boudreau flusters and blusters like clod does every once in a while, but we will soon see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

still gets me that some posters think what clode says to the media, is the same message he gives to his team- behind closed doors. really? has anyone here ever coached before? when approached by media- for the scoop, all i've ever said was- "we hope this or that... we've got a lot of work to do to be where we want be.... we think there are a lot of other quality teams out there...ect." BUT when i address the team, it changes to "you alone control your effort level... we will out work them.... go make it happen... trust in the fact that you are more prepared than they are...ect." see the difference? no one here has a clue what clode is telling the team, using a press conference to gauge anything is ridiculous. wait til the puck drops, then we'll all know how prepared they are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

still gets me that some posters think what clode says to the media, is the same message he gives to his team- behind closed doors. really? has anyone here ever coached before? when approached by media- for the scoop, all i've ever said was- "we hope this or that... we've got a lot of work to do to be where we want be.... we think there are a lot of other quality teams out there...ect." BUT when i address the team, it changes to "you alone control your effort level... we will out work them.... go make it happen... trust in the fact that you are more prepared than they are...ect." see the difference? no one here has a clue what clode is telling the team, using a press conference to gauge anything is ridiculous. wait til the puck drops, then we'll all know how prepared they are.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

who said that?

100% correct I have no idea what he says to the troops.

I am addressing his presser with my point being that he himself seems nervous unsure and frightened.

I believe that he nor anyone else who is emotionally like that can hide it.

I believe that it is contagious.

I don't like it.

It is only one of the reasons I don't like him as a coach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by adkbeesfan

And where the heck are you up there?  Last time I counted there were about 57 people living in the Adirondacks.  You are either related to or the neighbor of someone I know.

The same is true of central MA.  I told my wife this and she thought I was joking.  Then it turned out a friend of mine was her neighbor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

And if your GM philosophically thinks making the 2nd round two years in a row is good, or when he says a cup might be the ultimate goal but isn't really what they shoot for to judge a successful season, he's close to the head of the problem.  In all of our other 3 organizations in Boston, if a GM or team Pres said that, Kraft Wyc or Henry/Lucchino would have their heads.  All 3 of those teams consistently say championship or bust, hence, they win championships.  The message from the powers that be for b's, second round is pretty darn good, keep up the good work boys.  Chias so passive and defensive, like Clod, it's extremely frustrating.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan

Maybe it's just being realistic ? Bruins haven't been consistent all year long.
    They have many first timers when it comes to playoff hockey. How will they perfom under the pressure? How wil they react to Montreal's suffocating
    defensive system? Pittsburg and Washington didn't have the anser last year.
    Will the current Boston roster have the answer!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i live in the s/e part of the park- lake george area. and yes we are one big happy family up- over here. at least until july-august, when the population multiplies ten-fold with "flat-landers" or "citiots", as we so lovingly refer to them. much slower rythym to life-for us adk folks. lots of room to wander around....more bears than people(we prefer this ratio). i call it my kingdom- adirondackers are a hearty, proud bunch- very self-sufficient. it's home 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

i live in the s/e part of the park- lake george area. and yes we are one big happy family up- over here. at least until july-august, when the population multiplies ten-fold with "flat-landers" or "citiots", as we so lovingly refer to them. much slower rythym to life-for us adk folks. lots of room to wander around....more bears than people(we prefer this ratio). i call it my kingdom- adirondackers are a hearty, proud bunch- very self-sufficient. it's home 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

My father worked at a summer camp in westport for 47 years may-sept.
    My sister was born in E-town.
    So yah, technically flat landers, but our mail was delieved there.

So it sounds like we're in agreement about Julien.  Good.

He's gotta go.  And I'll agree that the press conferences are last on the list of  things Julien should be fired for.

No one ever believes me, but in the middle of the night I got stepped on by a bear in my sleeping bag in a lean to at lake Colden.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

lake colden...nestled sweetly between mount colden and algonquin. tough hike up from the lake, real calf burner. algonquin is one of my favorites, side trip to wright,up and over to iroquois, and back down to the lake. as far as e-town... ever swim in the cascading pools known as "split-rock"? great perches to jump from, into small swirling pools. btw, i believe you, surprised it wasn't a moose. there doing quite well these days also.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

What I want rto know is what thef' does Belicheck know about hockey. Absolutely zero, s o why is he even mentioned on here, the bum. Then again, he is only a degree below clod, roll em all you freakin tool.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

He was mentioned with every other organization in this town, and how they have serious drive to be the best in their sport.

Read the posts before just using your same biases because others have said fire clod and hire bill b.

Had nothing to do with BB, had everything to do with the fact Chia thinks improvement and getting past the second round would be considered a great year.  He's the only one in town who would say or even think that, hence, his team and coach are the same way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Posted by adkbeesfan

Listen ABK, great you coached high level wrestling, and were one yourself, but that doesn't make you the authority here on NHL coaching, or hockey coaching for that matter.  Yes, I have and do coach hockey teams and camps in New England for players of many ages, so yes I've coached as have many others on this board I'm sure.  Coaching a team of 20+ guys who play 5 at time is a bit different than putting a guy out for a one on one wrestling match (and I wrestled in HS too by the way, and the two sports couldn't be more different).

It has less to do with Clod or PC's words to the media, and much more to do with their actions and results.  These guys are way too passive, that plays down throughout a lineup.  Being too passive is just as bad as being to crazy and jacked up all the time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

By the way ABK, I think PC's interview on the radio is far more a negative reflection on this organization than Clods presser.  You're right about saying one thing to the press, who cares about the press.  Problem is the overall attitude in this organization, and I think PC is the most egregious when it comes to that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I haven't read everything that's in this thread, so if I'm repeating something I apologize. I think CJ feels that if the players don't know the system, don't know what to do then his hands are tied. The only thing I hope he changes is how he conducts his time-outs. Quenville last nite called one in the 1st period right after Vancouver got the 2-0 lead. The Blackhawks turned it around & TOTALLY dominated the 2nd period! Those are things that CJ needs to be aware of. Not having a Dan Paille, or a Shawn Thornton out there in critical situations is a MUST!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

lake colden...nestled sweetly between mount colden and algonquin. tough hike up from the lake, real calf burner. algonquin is one of my favorites, side trip to wright,up and over to iroquois, and back down to the lake. as far as e-town... ever swim in the cascading pools known as "split-rock"? great perches to jump from, into small swirling pools. btw, i believe you, surprised it wasn't a moose. there doing quite well these days also.  
    Posted by adkbeesfan

split rocks falls - you betcha!  Too much of a coward to jump from the higher perches and I had heard of a maniac who jumped from one of the trees - I don't know if that was true.
    I never saw a moose up there.  Only deer and bear.  Last full summer I spent there was 78 and then only visits since.  Was married  my first time there in 89.  Last vacation we spent at lake Placid.  Went for day trip to Noonmark and on part of the trail there were snakes, then more snakes and more snakes.  My wife started to panic and asked if they were dangerous and what they were.  I had been up that trail before and never saw them, I didn't know what kind of snakes they were.  So back down the mountain we went.  We were back in the hotel before I remembered that they were always there if you come by at the right time of day and they were just garter snakes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

if the coach needs to motivate professional grown men for a playoff game then there is no way we are winning......are you serious its the coaches job?  crazy
    Posted by bruins8

While I absolutely agree with this sentiment... if you are an NHL player and need the coach to motivate you at all, let alone at playoff time, there's a serious problem.

HOWEVER, I keep coming back to Game 5 of the Philly series last year, where they really needed to end that series at home, or at least put in a strong game... and they laid a stinker egg of epic proportions.  That wasn't just an off-game, it was the kind of sleepwalking that has been the poster child of the main weakness of this team for the last 3 years.  The performance of that game, collectively, HAS to reflect poorly on the coach.

Those type of games is what my #1 concern is for this team right now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: Julien Interview : He was mentioned with every other organization in this town, and how they have serious drive to be the best in their sport. Read the posts before just using your same biases because others have said fire clod and hire bill b. Had nothing to do with BB, had everything to do with the fact Chia thinks improvement and getting past the second round would be considered a great year.  He's the only one in town who would say or even think that, hence, his team and coach are the same way.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan

BigbadBBfan

I am not a clod fan that is obvious, I hope he watches all the tapes of games 4-7 of Philly series and figures out that he was outclassed and is actually able to put that into the rest of his career. maybe then when he comes against something big he can ADJUST and come away the winner.

To say fire clod and hire BB is just as stupid as to hire the fella coaching the Jamaican bob-sled team.

As a fan I don't want to see recycled coaching garbage like Milbury, Keenan or others of that ilk.  Sather had a vision and lucked into the team of a lifetime, and since then I wouldn't let him run the Utah Grizzlies.  I want to see a fast thinker, with desire and passion bring back the glory days to the B's, not a flubbering, blustering fool that needs to take his sock off to scratch his head.

So be it, HIRE BB!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Julien Interview : BigbadBBfan I am not a clod fan that is obvious, I hope he watches all the tapes of games 4-7 of Philly series and figures out that he was outclassed and is actually able to put that into the rest of his career. maybe then when he comes against something big he can ADJUST and come away the winner. To say fire clod and hire BB is just as stupid as to hire the fella coaching the Jamaican bob-sled team. As a fan I don't want to see recycled coaching garbage like Milbury, Keenan or others of that ilk.  Sather had a vision and lucked into the team of a lifetime, and since then I wouldn't let him run the Utah Grizzlies.  I want to see a fast thinker, with desire and passion bring back the glory days to the B's, not a flubbering, blustering fool that needs to take his sock off to scratch his head. So be it, HIRE BB!!
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

I'm with ya 110%, I think Chia is as much or more of a problem than Clod.  If I told my boss, or interviewed somewhere saying I'd like to be better than the majority, but not push for being the best and I'd be satisfied with that, I would get fired or black balled.  I'm sure its the same with most of us, why is it ok for PC to "be happy with good effort", what is this youth hockey?  Win or lose, just do your best kiddos!  We know these guys make their millions no matter what.

I wasn't advocating anything about BB having anything to do with hockey though goat.  I said Wyc G/Ainge, Henry/Lucchinno/Theo, BB/Kraft, NONE of them would ever settle for making it to the 3rd round of the playoffs, or just everyone trying their best.  Those guys all say championship or bust, and they mean it!  I wasn't one of these guys comparing how belichik runs the pats to how we should run the bruins.  Bottomline, we need some guys with the driving desire to win it all, and not make excuse or justify why they didnt or wont.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And they are freaking playing exactly like CJ interviewed.

Conservative nervous frightened and unconfident.

I am ticked off.

I am disappointed.

And he will pull the goalie with a minute left.

2 zip, what the living f pull the goalie now.

No, he will do the same old same old conservative crap.

This was a disgraceful effort.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

At least we only have to listen to 3 more interviews after tonight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I'm sick to my stomach right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm sick to my stomach right now.
    Posted by Beezfan4life

I am so royally ticked off right now.

I want to punch someone in the face.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Julien Interview : I am so royally ticked off right now. I want to punch someone in the face.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Get a picture of PC and Clod

Sections
Shortcuts