Julien Is the Problem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjstock. Show pjstock's posts

Julien Is the Problem

We are going down the same road as last year, an unispired team, who shows no emotion, just like that Idiot behind the Bench.The team is giving away home games that they should be winning. Ference,Wheeler, Paille,Hunwick should be benched let them know ice time has to be earned.Ryder who shows up every fourth game should be waived,Wheeler is a disgrace 6'5" and can't win a one on one battle, let him watch from the press box maybe it would wake him up. Ference & Hunwick are just getting worse, P.C. couldn't fire him last year because they were still paying Lewis.Watch him on the bench Uncle Fester, N.J. fired him when they were #1 in the league because of uninspired play ( & all you dopes who say there 12-7, they should be a top team in the East & there not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Julien Is the Problem

Plenty of threads already on this subject.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Yes, but this bears repeating! The B's maybe no longer paying Lewis, but his mentality has left his body & took over Julien! At least CJ used to show some spark behind the bench! He & the team are far too complacent; with the exception of Rex, TT & Rask this team is acting like it just doesn't care anymore! I said it before & I'll say it again. The only teams that the B's can beat convincingly are the ones that haven't learned how to beat the B's system.
    Watch what Atlanta does against them. You can be certain that Mr. Ramsy will have his Thrashers reading the B's play like a college kid reading a childs story book! Not to be a pessimistic a$h hole here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the B's suffer their worst loss of the season & once again Rask will be left all alone!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzel. Show MDsizzel's posts

DONT UPSET THE SHEEP!

Just keep waving the pom poms and say everything is ok in Bruinland. The Bruins lifers who spend multiple hours daily on this board live in a bubble and cannot handle criticism of "their Bruins"

To anyone with a clue it is obvious that in the long run Claude is wrong for this team but you're trying to tell this to adult children who pick the Bruins to win the Cup every year. Don't waste your breath. These are the type of brain dead lemmings that has made Jacobs rich all these years.

Let them boast in Novemeber and then watch their heads in their hands every May wondering where it all went wrong, it's actually ammusing to watch these sheep try and back track on what they predicted every spring

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Don't get me wrong. There was a time I liked CJ. However, you have to remember who CJ replaced! ANYBODY with a pulse would've been better than the Charlie Chaplin look-a-like! Now it's like Cj has become possessed by Lewis! Doesn't show emotion, doesn't allow his team to show emotion. Something isn't right with this team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

At first I used to like CJ. He seems to be a nice enough person. However I have been swayed into believing that CJ's systematic hockey, not only isn't it on the boring side of things, but it definitely seems quite predictable (which is the real problem in my opinion).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Scott Gordon is looking for work, remember him? The coach of the P Bruins!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Julien Is the Problem:
    [QUOTE] We are going down the same road as last year, an unispired team, who shows no emotion, just like that Idiot behind the Bench.The team is giving away home games that they should be winning. Ference,Wheeler, Paille,Hunwick should be benched let them know ice time has to be earned.Ryder who shows up every fourth game should be waived,Wheeler is a disgrace 6'5" and can't win a one on one battle, let him watch from the press box maybe it would wake him up. Ference & Hunwick are just getting worse, P.C. couldn't fire him last year because they were still paying Lewis.Watch him on the bench Uncle Fester, N.J. fired him when they were #1 in the league because of uninspired play ( & all you dopes who say there 12-7, they should be a top team in the East & there not.
    Posted by pjstock[/QUOTE]

Your argument might contain more merit if you came up with someone else to blame than the start-of-the-season whipping boys. Wheeler has been one of the Bruins' best forwards lately (the move to center was a good one for him, and he'll probably go back there with Krejci out), and Hunwick and Ference have also been playing well recently. Hunwick in particular has been jumping up on offense with confidence and spark that I haven't seen since his rookie year. Paille has been a healthy scratch; he only played Friday because Caron was ill.

But hey, never let logic get in the way of a good screed, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzel. Show MDsizzel's posts

Who comes up with more excuses for this team? Claude the Fraud or the blind pom pom waver duinne?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem:
    [QUOTE]Who comes up with more excuses for this team? Claude the Fraud or the blind pom pom waver duinne?
    Posted by MDsizzel[/QUOTE]

And who's a more obvious troll? You, or one of the other imitators on this board? Or are you all one and the same?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

If CJ would take the defensive shackles off the skilled players, you would see more production.  That is not going to happen, CJ will not change his defense first "system". 

Come on Neely--Force PC to do the right thing and make the change now-- without it we will continue to struggle in the state between pretty good and mediocre and lack consistency on a night to night basis.

The Excuses and not skating well line is getting old.  Losing on Home ice to weaker teams consistently is a joke.  This team is playing not to make mistakes vs. forcing the play which is a pretty bad formula for play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]If CJ would take the defensive shackles off the skilled players, you would see more production.  That is not going to happen, CJ will not change his defense first "system".  Come on Neely--Force PC to do the right thing and make the change now-- without it we will continue to struggle in the state between pretty good and mediocre and lack consistency on a night to night basis. The Excuses and not skating well line is getting old.  Losing on Home ice to weaker teams consistently is a joke.  This team is playing not to make mistakes vs. forcing the play which is a pretty bad formula for play.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

How do you know Neely isn't fully on board with what Julien is doing? Wasn't Neely working in the F.O. when Julien was hired? Doesn't he know Julien pretty well? That's what gets me about comments like this. How can you assume you know what Neely's thinking? Or Julien, for that matter?

So you want him to take off the "defensive shackles"? Great idea. Let's have the forwards forget backchecking, float around the blue line and wait for breakout passes. That'll work great - if you've got Alex Ovechkin, Nick Backstrom and Alex Semin on your forward line. Unfortunately the Bruins don't, but hey, they'll score a bunch of goals! They might lose 6-5, but it'll be exciting!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Julien Is the Problem : Your argument might contain more merit if you came up with someone else to blame than the start-of-the-season whipping boys. Wheeler has been one of the Bruins' best forwards lately (the move to center was a good one for him, and he'll probably go back there with Krejci out), and Hunwick and Ference have also been playing well recently. Hunwick in particular has been jumping up on offense with confidence and spark that I haven't seen since his rookie year. Paille has been a healthy scratch; he only played Friday because Caron was ill.   But hey, never let logic get in the way of a good screed, right?
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I pretty much agree, except on Hunwick.  I keep waiting to see the pre-spleen removed Hunwick.  I just don't see it.  He still looks extremely tentative to me.

But Wheeler has been good - albeit snakebitten - and Ference has been the Bruins' best D-man not named Chara. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Duinne, you have your bad moments at times, but for the most part you know your stuff and your posts are good.

That being said, how can you think that everything is ok with the Bruins. You can pull up stats and team records all you want. The team is playing very poor, uninspired hockey right now. They look scared and complacent out there right now. No one looks like they're having fun. You can say that being in 6th place with a game or two in hand is ok, but in reality with all the talent the Bruins have, they should be at or near the top of the conference and they should be playing much better right now.

The coaching is very poor right now. Im very concerned with Seguin's development right now, I feel as if he is playing scared and restricted. There is no reason why he should be playing with the likes of Shawn Thornton and Dan Paille. You say that he's a rookie and he's learning. You don't learn from your mistakes and get better as a hockey player by playing 10 minutes a game on the 4th line with a goon and a player with stone hands. Thats just one of the many things wrong. when was they last time the Bruins gave a complete 60 minute effort?

Thats just one of the many things Julien is doing wrong right now. Icould list them, but it would take too long. Just remember, how does a coach get fired one week before the playoffs start and the team is in first place?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzel. Show MDsizzel's posts

duinne knows all!

Everyone must agree with him/her/it!

2725 posts and counting!

He may not get any fresh air or interact with humans face to face but he sure knows his hockey!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

If CJ would take the defensive shackles off the skilled players, you would see more production.  That is not going to happen, CJ will not change his defense first "system".  Come on Neely--Force PC to do the right thing and make the change now-- without it we will continue to struggle in the state between pretty good and mediocre and lack consistency on a night to night basis. The Excuses and not skating well line is getting old.  Losing on Home ice to weaker teams consistently is a joke.  This team is playing not to make mistakes vs. forcing the play which is a pretty bad formula for play.
    Posted by JYaso

How do you know Neely isn't fully on board with what Julien is doing? Wasn't Neely working in the F.O. when Julien was hired? Doesn't he know Julien pretty well? That's what gets me about comments like this. How can you assume you know what Neely's thinking? Or Julien, for that matter?

So you want him to take off the "defensive shackles"? Great idea. Let's have the forwards forget backchecking, float around the blue line and wait for breakout passes. That'll work great - if you've got Alex Ovechkin, Nick Backstrom and Alex Semin on your forward line. Unfortunately the Bruins don't, but hey, they'll score a bunch of goals! They might lose 6-5, but it'll be exciting!

Duinne--- Like stated earlier by others-- I believe you know your stuff-- And your point above does make sense--- but--- there has to be a halfway point to what  we both are saying.  What I'm looking for is to take the defense first philosophy and chuck it out the window and give freedom to the creative offensive players such as Seguin and stop sticking him on the fourth line.  I 'm saying that the way this team is currenly playing-- there is a problem and unfortunatley the team is regressing.  I'm the minority in here that thinks Hunwick has a lot of value and I think he is playing better then both Stuart and Boychuk.  I am also one the few that was preaching to all to have patience and wait until after 20 games to see where the Bruins are at that point before over reacting on certain players.

With that being said-- the problem with this team is coaching.  The same problems that that Carolina exposed in the playoffs in 2008 are still the same problems this team has now.  I'm sick of hearing this team needs a puck moving defensman.  Even if they were to get Mike Green it still would not matter--- Its the "System".  CJ's Philosophy is not going to change and teams that can skate and forecheck will continue to keep the Bruins struggling to score goals. 

At this point I hate to say this, If the Bruins going on a 6 game losing streak would cost Juliens job-- then the 6 game losing streak would be a good thing.

Two years ago, the Penguins needed a coaching change because of lackluster play-- they got it and won the Cup.  Last year the Flyers were playing poorly and "not skating".  They got a coaching change and came within 2 games of winning the cup.

THIS TEAM NEEDS A CHANGE--- or else we will be watching another year of pretty good, but not good enough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Duinne, you have your bad moments at times, but for the most part you know your stuff and your posts are good. That being said, how can you think that everything is ok with the Bruins. You can pull up stats and team records all you want. The team is playing very poor, uninspired hockey right now. They look scared and complacent out there right now. No one looks like they're having fun. You can say that being in 6th place with a game or two in hand is ok, but in reality with all the talent the Bruins have, they should be at or near the top of the conference and they should be playing much better right now. The coaching is very poor right now. Im very concerned with Seguin's development right now, I feel as if he is playing scared and restricted. There is no reason why he should be playing with the likes of Shawn Thornton and Dan Paille. You say that he's a rookie and he's learning. You don't learn from your mistakes and get better as a hockey player by playing 10 minutes a game on the 4th line with a goon and a player with stone hands. Thats just one of the many things wrong. when was they last time the Bruins gave a complete 60 minute effort? Thats just one of the many things Julien is doing wrong right now. Icould list them, but it would take too long. Just remember, how does a coach get fired one week before the playoffs start and the team is in first place?
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Where did I say I thought everything was OK with the Bruins?

As for the New Jersey situation, as I noted, since Julien was fired, the Devils have not won one playoff series. And Lou Lam took over a first place team that promptly went belly-up. I'm confused as to how this makes Julien a culprit.

As for the Bruins, sorry, I'm not one to panic over a team going through ups and downs in the first couple of months of the season, especially with a couple of key offensive players out, another in and out of the lineup, and breaking in three rookies. It's a long season, and there will be times when this team looks terrific, and times when they'll struggle (as all teams do).

I dunno - I've been watching hockey for a long time, and I keep a close eye on many other teams, so maybe I just have a tendency not to push the panic button over a couple of losses.

BTW, the poster "MDsizzel" is yet another imitator. He's been reported, but others reporting him might help.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem : Where did I say I thought everything was OK with the Bruins? As for the New Jersey situation, as I noted, since Julien was fired, the Devils have not won one playoff series. And Lou Lam took over a first place team that promptly went belly-up. I'm confused as to how this makes Julien a culprit. As for the Bruins, sorry, I'm not one to panic over a team going through ups and downs in the first couple of months of the season, especially with a couple of key offensive players out, another in and out of the lineup, and breaking in three rookies. It's a long season, and there will be times when this team looks terrific, and times when they'll struggle (as all teams do). I dunno - I've been watching hockey for a long time, and I keep a close eye on many other teams, so maybe I just have a tendency not to push the panic button over a couple of losses. BTW, the poster "MDsizzel" is yet another imitator. He's been reported, but others reporting him might help.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]
    The NJ situation just reiterates the point that just because the team has a good record doesnt mean they are playing well. The way I see it is either Lou Lam didnt have confidence in CJ or the players didnt like playing for CJ, even when they were successful. I guess well have to agree to disagree on the devils situation.

As for the Bruins, this isnt just "ups and downs through the first few months of the season", this is inconsistent and uninspired hockey that has been going on for a long time. How many games has there been this season where the Bruins put fourth a consistent, full 60 minute effort- Probably a handful. Add that to the fact(s) that

-He rarely makes in game adjustments

-He plays the fourth line to often, especially in key situations

-He rarely holds players accountable

-His system gets exposed every spring

-He has never made it past the second round

-He puts Tyler Seguin on a line with Shawn Thornton, and there were also times last year where he put the likes of Steve Begin, Byron Bitz, and Dan Paille on the first line

I think Julien is a decent coach who is good at cleaning up a mess. He makes a great interim coach for a team thats a disaster, just like the Bruins were in 06-07, but he is not a permanant solution, and he will never get a team far in the playoffs.

Thats just my opinion. Once again, we'll just have to agree to disagree 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzel. Show MDsizzel's posts

duinne has been exposed as a pom pom waving stooge of a fan so he attacks me and begs others to do so as well... Typical sheep tactic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Duinne 's pretty much spot on.  If anyone disagree's...a little logic will really help their cause.
    This BS about NJ firing CJ is getting pretty long in the tooth.  It's not like things really got better with him gone. 
    Having said that, I've got my issues with the coaching situation too...only because that's the easiest thing to point a finger at.
    Giving this team the green light to go "all in" offensively, is a disaster.  I just don't see this team being able to compete that way.  Maybe I'm wrong.

The b's played one of their most complete games of the season last night.  It wasn't  near perfect, but sometimes even that doesn't guarantee a win.  This team has won a lot of games already that they shouldn't have....a correction was due.

The game against Atlanta will shed some light on things.  It's early in the season....but if it looks like the Thrasher system stifles the home team(not a poor effort)....I'll sign up for the "can" CJ army. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I hit the send button, on my post, and review the 2 more that are posted since I started writing.  Screw-Cindy you make some valid points.

Really on the fence here.  Gonna wait for Atlanta.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

What does New Jersey's record after Julien left have to do with anything???
    It doesn't mean he didn't do the same things he's doing now while he was there. Julien was fired for his teams lack of urgency, unemotional play, overly defensive play to a fault, and a group of unprepared players who were tired of playing for him, and let it be known - he lost his team-and it showed, so Lamoriello had enough- agree or disagree - that's why he got fired, do some research - it's no secret.

Like him or not -it can't be ignored that the same issues are plaguing this team.

I really can't understand how this can be interpreted any other way

How is defending CJ some type of validation of your loyalty to your team ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Screw-Cindy you make some valid points. Really on the fence here.  Gonna wait for Atlanta.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

I'm on the fence too. But, with Savard and Sturm out and half the team sick (ok, an exaggeration) I don't think Atlanta will be a good measuring stick. I don't get nearly as upset over a loss as I do at seeing little or no heart and we have seen too many of that already in this young season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

The Bruins are 12-7-2 with the third best goal differential in the league, and there top centerman has yet to play a game.
    Like him or not, those are outstanding numbers. If they where 7-12-2...... Oh wait, there not!
    In the event there ship is sinking for an extended period of time while relatively healthy, I will happily jump on the "dump CJ" band wagon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins are 12-7-2 with the third best goal differential in the league, and there top centerman has yet to play a game. Like him or not, those are outstanding numbers. If they where 7-12-2...... Oh wait there not! In the event there ship is sinking for an extended period of time while relatively healthy, I will happily jump on the "dump CJ" band wagon.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

"sinking ship"  Please define that.

Regardless of how you define "sinking ship" I have another - yet another - criteria for coaches.  I say *yet another* because all my other reasons people have an excuse for.  Like bench minors, Lewis had the 3 most in the NHL and Julienne is quite near that altho I've been told EVERYTHING is the players fault.... but I digress.

Here's my crieria.  I see a problem where the Bruins aren't showing up for all 3 periods.  I especially see an issue with the Bruins not showing up in the first period.  I see extended droughts going back 3 seasons now. 

Coaches are supposed to see those problems and correct them.  The problem of the Bruins not giving the same effort period in and period out has never been more evident to me than in CJ's Bruins than ANY other team I've watched at ANY level.

Sections
Shortcuts