Julien Is the Problem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Re: Julien Is the Problem

In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem : "sinking ship"  Please define that. Regardless of how you define "sinking ship" I have another - yet another - criteria for coaches.  I say *yet another* because all my other reasons people have an excuse for.  Like bench minors, Lewis had the 3 most in the NHL and Julienne is quite near that altho I've been told EVERYTHING is the players fault.... but I digress. Here's my crieria.  I see a problem where the Bruins aren't showing up for all 3 periods.  I especially see an issue with the Bruins not showing up in the first period.  I see extended droughts going back 3 seasons now.  Coaches are supposed to see those problems and correct them.  The problem of the Bruins not giving the same effort period in and period out has never been more evident to me than in CJ's Bruins than ANY other team I've watched at ANY level.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE] I have to agree with some of what you said. But at the end of the day we have to ask ourselves, is this lineup better than 12-7-2  IMO no it's not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem : I have to agree with some of what you said. But at the end of the day we have to ask ourselves, is this lineup better than 12-7-2  IMO no it's not.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

But you have to ask yourself if the team has played well enough to deserve that record or is it just that our goalie have stolen us points. The only games we have won are when the goalie has stood on his head and kept us in until our offence could chip in. This team has not played a full 60 minute game this season and I blame that on coaching.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem : But you have to ask yourself if the team has played well enough to deserve that record or is it just that our goalie have stolen us points. The only games we have won are when the goalie has stood on his head and kept us in until our offence could chip in. This team has not played a full 60 minute game this season and I blame that on coaching.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE] Point taken, but almost every top team has stellar goaltending (stealing them points). The bruins without Savard (healthy) are simply not as good as many on here think they are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I am not a fan of CJ's game management for many of the reasons that have been cited in this thread.  I would have no problem replacing CJ with a better coach, but who is that better coach?

The two years prior to CJ's arrival, the team had a .457 winning% and zero playoff appearances.  Since CJ's arrival, the team has a .612 winning% with three consecutive playoff appearances. 

I know it is frustrating to watch the team play so inconsistently, but unless there is an obvious replacement solution, the bigger gamble may be making that change.  I think the team needs to get Savard back, see who goes for cap space, and take it from there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I am not a fan of CJ's game management for many of the reasons that have been cited in this thread.  I would have no problem replacing CJ with a better coach, but who is that better coach? The two years prior to CJ's arrival, the team had a .457 winning% and zero playoff appearances.  Since CJ's arrival, the team has a .612 winning% with three consecutive playoff appearances.  I know it is frustrating to watch the team play so inconsistently, but unless there is an obvious replacement solution, the bigger gamble may be making that change.  I think the team needs to get Savard back, see who goes for cap space, and take it from there.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Dave Lewis?  Seriously?  The facts speak for themselves, has he been able to land another coaching gig anywhere since?  Worst coach in Bruins history if not the NHL.  Yes, worse than Kaspar.

Relatively easy to look good when your predecessor was utterly incompetent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

BadHab- Lewis was only responsible for 2006-07, Mike Sullivan was 2005-06.  I totally agree that Lewis was a disaster, but he is coaching again, The Ukraine Men's National Ice Hockey Team...seriously.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Lewis_(ice_hockey)

Still doesn't answer the question, who do you replace CJ and his .600 winning% with? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

PEOPLE!!!!!!!!  RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only November.  I am not thrilled with the way they've played the past 2 weeks either.  But, we need to have a little patience.  Let's see how things go after Savard and Sturm come back. 

Firing Julien is an option if the team continues to struggle.  But now is NOT that time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]BadHab- Lewis was only responsible for 2006-07, Mike Sullivan was 2005-06.  I totally agree that Lewis was a disaster, but he is coaching again, The Ukraine Men's National Ice Hockey Team...seriously. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Lewis_(ice_hockey) Still doesn't answer the question, who do you replace CJ and his .600 winning% with? 

To be honest I don't really know other than Gordon - who's still in the Isles organization, but there always seems to be some unemployed coaches around.  And as much as I'd like to see CJ gone, I don't think you can reasonably do it until this summer.  And then if he goes deep into the playoffs the arguement would be strong to keep him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Cj did his job in renewing the Bruins. Chia is still doing his job in staffing with quality players while limited by the CAP. Cj does not have any other new thoughts or perspective so we will have to wait until Chia and Neely pull his plug, CJ says that Atlanta plays ' just like the Bruins" under Rammer's leadership. We will see this afternoon. Improvements have been made in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia,Tampa, etc. by a change in coach.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyDawes. Show JohnnyDawes's posts

Go ahead blame the coach.  However when you look at the C & D list players that have been assembled, Julien has done quite well.  Starting with the no scoring forwards, the Bs have been lacking a top notch sniper for years.  Middleton was the last player who wore a Bs uniform to put the puck in the net.
    Defense is another problem.  Besides Chara we don't have anybody who will block shots - remember Don Awrey?  Goaltending has been the curse of all curses for the Bs.  Cheevers was the only decent goalie the Bs have had.  Thomas is the mother of all losers despite his huge contract.  This team was assembled by that no talent water boy PC.  What genius moves has he made?  Yes, he got draft picks and what?  The Bs have been rebuilding for the past 30+ years and PC continues this trend.  The Bs are second tier team and a second round exit from the playoffs is in the forseeable future.  Canning the coach won't do much.  Now if we had new owners - as in Tampa Bay - we could be on the right track. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

When Savard comes back and the bruins have a second line that can do some  damage offensively (hopefully, and likely) this topic will fade away.

So predictable.

Coach = scapegoat

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE] Middleton was the last player who wore a Bs uniform to put the puck in the net. Defense is another problem.  Besides Chara we don't have anybody who will block shots - remember Don Awrey?  Goaltending has been the curse of all curses for the Bs.  Cheevers was the only decent goalie the Bs have had.  Thomas is the mother of all losers despite his huge contract. 
    Posted by JohnnyDawes[/QUOTE]

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

#1. Middleton was the last player who wore a Bs uniform to put the puck in the net.  -  That Cam Neely guy was pretty good at putting the puck in the net.

#2. Besides Chara we don't have anybody who will block shots - remember Don Awrey?   -   Zdeno Chara is currentlly ranked #71 the NHL in blocked shots.  Wanna know who is #9?  Dennis Seidenberg.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/app?service=page&page=playerstats&fetchKey=20112ALLAASAll&viewName=rtssPlayerStats&sort=blockedShots&pg=1

#3.  Goaltending has been the curse of all curses for the Bs.  Cheevers was the only decent goalie the Bs have had.  Thomas is the mother of all losers despite his huge contract.   -   Cheevers was great.  No doubt about it.  But Thomas is a very good goalie.  http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112ALLGAGAll&sort=goalsAgainstAverage&viewName=wlt
    What's the Vezina trophy again???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem : "sinking ship"  Please define that. Regardless of how you define "sinking ship" I have another - yet another - criteria for coaches.  I say *yet another* because all my other reasons people have an excuse for.  Like bench minors, Lewis had the 3 most in the NHL and Julienne is quite near that altho I've been told EVERYTHING is the players fault.... but I digress. Here's my crieria.  I see a problem where the Bruins aren't showing up for all 3 periods.  I especially see an issue with the Bruins not showing up in the first period.  I see extended droughts going back 3 seasons now.  Coaches are supposed to see those problems and correct them.  The problem of the Bruins not giving the same effort period in and period out has never been more evident to me than in CJ's Bruins than ANY other team I've watched at ANY level.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE] It's puzzling that you would ask me to define "sinking ship" I enjoy reading your knowledgeable posts but this one blew right over my head.
    It's a term that has been used in hockey as far back as the early 70's that I can remember.
    The message of this term never changes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]I am not a fan of CJ's game management for many of the reasons that have been cited in this thread.  I would have no problem replacing CJ with a better coach, but who is that better coach? The two years prior to CJ's arrival, the team had a .457 winning% and zero playoff appearances.  Since CJ's arrival, the team has a .612 winning% with three consecutive playoff appearances.  I know it is frustrating to watch the team play so inconsistently, but unless there is an obvious replacement solution, the bigger gamble may be making that change.  I think the team needs to get Savard back, see who goes for cap space, and take it from there.

Good canidates:  Kevin Dineen, Scott Gordon, Ken Hitchcock, Bob Hartley, Ted Nolan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

I am starting to believe Julien has hit his wall with this team. They aren't giving 100% all the time, nor 75%.  A change needs to come to get to teh next step.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem : Good canidates:  Kevin Dineen, Scott Gordon, Ken Hitchcock, Bob Hartley, Ted Nolan.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Hard to say how any of these guys would improve the team, but they are options.  Dineen would be an interesting choice, although he does not have any NHL coaching experience.  Seems like a bit of a gamble to turn the reigns over to him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem : Hard to say how any of these guys would improve the team, but they are options.  Dineen would be an interesting choice, although he does not have any NHL coaching experience.  Seems like a bit of a gamble to turn the reigns over to him.
    Ken Hichcock is no different than Julien. Lives & dies by his system! Hartley yes, because he forces the other team to come to him & he adjust with different systems. He'll make sure that that players are held accountable. He would never bench somebody & just make him sit there & wonder why. He'd come right over & tell the player why he's sitting.  Ted Nolan- he's a players coach for sure, but that can end up a bad thing because it makes the management not trust you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

You guys are living in a fantasy land, a coaching change does not make this lineup better than 12-7-2.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are living in a fantasy land, a coaching change does not make this lineup better than 12-7-2.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

If we keep playing the way we are that record will soon be closer to .500.  I just hope we show up when we play the laughs next week.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Please Fire CJ, and make some trades!  Clear some space and add a legit player.  We have lots of really good 2nd/3rd liners w/o savvy and #4 Dmen, we need some big time players/skill too.

But first, FIRE CLAUDE!  Team has tuned him out the past 2 years, his style of play is brutally boring and out of date too.  What coach even survives his team blowing 3-0 and 3-0 in the first place???  Reach into the coffers JJ and fire this stiff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Not to mention we can't score unless a goalie lets in a stinker, and we have no offense and some guys being out on and off (which is part of the game and all tms deal w by the way), and CJ decides to put his best offensive talent on a line with Thornton and the useless Paille, great call. 

Millbury said it himself tonight, why not give the kid a shot on a legit line with some legit ice time?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

4-5-1 in the last 10 and dropping.  This team has shown they have enough talent to win but they are not willing to put in the effort.  You can not fire 20 players so you have to fire the coach.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Milbury in the post-game after the 4-1 loss to Atlanta:
    - lack of preparation
    - lack of skating
    - lack of desperation
    - maybe lack of conditioning

Wow.  Pretty damning analysis of the coach.  Milbury says whenever a team is showing these characteristics, "look to their legs"...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Many good points posted in this thread.. Said it before and I will say it again.. whan a team plays bad, they don't fire the team, they fire the coach.. It's time for Cam to get PC to make that move.. Given a choice...and IMHO.. Milbury would be the best choice as coach if he would consider taking on that role.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from srplow. Show srplow's posts

I couldn't have said it better myself, thanks Millbury:

"why not give the kid a shot on a legit line with some legit ice time"

We're killing this kid!  He's been a star since he was 6...he comes to the Bruins and they treat him like PJ AXELSON!