Julien Is the Problem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Julien Is the Problem

In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem:
    [QUOTE]You guys are living in a fantasy land, a coaching change does not make this lineup better than 12-7-2.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

You very well may be right.

I would in fact be happier to watch a team that shows up prepared rather than a team that never shows up for the first period.

You watch these games.  I watch these games.  The both of us and everyone else sees that this team doesn't put out the same effort for a full 60 minutes.

It is someone's job to take notice of problems and try to fix them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Two years ago, the Penguins needed a coaching change because of lackluster play-- they got it and won the Cup.  Last year the Flyers were playing poorly and "not skating".  They got a coaching change and came within 2 games of winning the cup.

THIS TEAM NEEDS A CHANGE--- or else we will be watching another year of pretty good, but not good enough.

It is so completely evident that this teams "system" is NOT WORKING!  Julien was outcoached today just like almost every game the Bruins play. He absolutely needs to be held accountable for their lackluster and inconsistent effort.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from plhard. Show plhard's posts

Julien does not have the tools to work with, no puck handling skills, look at the last five games, we are out skilled , out worked ,its thomas that has us in 8th,and we are lucky to be there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Julien does not have the tools to work with, no puck handling skills, look at the last five games, we are out skilled , out worked ,its thomas that has us in 8th,and we are lucky to be there.

Another typical excuse!   Get the team to put a consistent effort and maybe I 'd go along with this.  ITS LACK of CONSISTENCY & EFFORT.  Take your blinders off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are living in a fantasy land, a coaching change does not make this lineup better than 12-7-2.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

At least one smart poster on here ..what would make this team a lot better would be a return of a healthy Savard , a healthy Krejci, Caron, and Sturm.. I want to see this team at its best when its healthy , and set lines game in and game out..none of this mix and match every game where the players really have no time to get comfortable with their linemates... No chemistry really on this club at the moment with any of the lines..... No surprise the Bruins lost tonite..This team shutout the red hot Habs the other night .. The Rammer is doing a mighty fine job with that outfit there for sure..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

I still can't fathom why Seguin is skating with Thornton and Paille. Put skill with skill. Would have been nice to see Seguin centering Arniel and Marchand today. Someone mentioned that CJ is treating him like Axelsson. Ax was on the top line with Savard quite a bit, since he was "defensively responsible", even though he had stone hands. I loved Ax, but he belonged on a checking line. Seguin does not. You can still teach a kid the defensive side of the game while letting him use his skills. The stubbornness is mind-boggling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

[QUOTE]Go ahead blame the coach.  However when you look at the C & D list players that have been assembled, Julien has done quite well.  Starting with the no scoring forwards, the Bs have been lacking a top notch sniper for years.  Middleton was the last player who wore a Bs uniform to put the puck in the net. Defense is another problem.  Besides Chara we don't have anybody who will block shots - remember Don Awrey?  Goaltending has been the curse of all curses for the Bs.  Cheevers was the only decent goalie the Bs have had.  Thomas is the mother of all losers despite his huge contract.  This team was assembled by that no talent water boy PC.  What genius moves has he made?  Yes, he got draft picks and what?  The Bs have been rebuilding for the past 30+ years and PC continues this trend.  The Bs are second tier team and a second round exit from the playoffs is in the forseeable future.  Canning the coach won't do much.  Now if we had new owners - as in Tampa Bay - we could be on the right track. 
    Posted by JohnnyDawes[/QUOTE]

Dennis Seidenberg lead the league last year for blocked shots

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]I couldn't have said it better myself, thanks Millbury: "why not give the kid a shot on a legit line with some legit ice time" We're killing this kid!  He's been a star since he was 6...he comes to the Bruins and they treat him like PJ AXELSON!
    Posted by srplow[/QUOTE]

You get first line minutes when you deserve it.. Seguin has not shown so far he deserves that kind of promotion or responsibility .. I have no problem with how the Bruins are using him.. The kid is 18 years old give him a break...most nights he looks like the NHL is overwhelming him a bit.. He is finding out the NHL isnt Jr and that players are not only bigger but smarter... Taylor Hall isnt tearing up the league either as most thought would happen ... Give the Bruins credit for hanging in there while he learns on the job training.. 

Oh and another thing..Stop listening to Milbury , the guy is a dufus and should never be allowed to be around a hockey team period..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem: Oh and another thing..Stop listening to Milbury , the guy is a dufus and should never be allowed to be around a hockey team period..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem : At least one smart poster on here ..what would make this team a lot better would be a return of a healthy Savard , a healthy Krejci, Caron, and Sturm.. I want to see this team at its best when its healthy , and set lines game in and game out..none of this mix and match every game where the players really have no time to get comfortable with their linemates... No chemistry really on this club at the moment with any of the lines..... No surprise the Bruins lost tonite..This team shutout the red hot Habs the other night .. The Rammer is doing a mighty fine job with that outfit there for sure..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    How are you supposed to earn more ice time when your playing with Shawn "Pylon" Thornton and Dan "Stone Hands" Paille?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem : - I've been watching hockey for a long time, and I keep a close eye on many other teams, so maybe I just have a tendency not to push the panic button over a couple of losses. Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Dunne, a few of us have been involved in the game for a few decades, so maybe there's some other perspectives that aren't "trolls."

I was CJs biggest supporter from the beginning right up until the middle of last year when it was apparent to me, as a former player, that CJ has in fact lost this team. I remember the first time I heard a rival GM on a Direct TV feed refer to the Bruins as looking "emotionally fragile" last year... I couldn't think of a better way to describe them.

There were times when they could beat anyone... but there were so many times that they looked like they were gripping the sticks so tight they were mesmorized... the long losing streak, the Cooke reuinion game.  The B's had so many reasons for their historic collapse against Philly in the playoffs, but I could not get over that horrendous dud they played in Game 5 at home, then the 3-0 lead blown in Game 7.  This team looks bad, they look shaky.  Losing is one thing, looking the way the Bs have looked the last year or so is on the coach.  I've been in this dressing room.  Its rough to say, but sometimes you make a change just for the sake of making a change.

This is NOT pushing the panic button over a couple losses. This is a coaching situation that probably could have resulted in a firing a couple times last year, if not for the B's not wanting to pay another set of 2-3 coaches.  Its a big picture situation where the team's uninspired, weak play... no skating, no emotion, no distaste for losing... HAS to come from behind the bench- who upsets me every time he makes another excuse for these guys.

I have to agree with some people I dont normally agree with and say I think Claude needs to go.  As a matter of fact, if I were PC I think Id consider making a huge statement by making whatever big roster move(s) he's going to make soon all at once, and fire CJ the same day.  I'd want freaked out players in black jerseys that day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

I agree with above!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem : Dunne, a few of us have been involved in the game for a few decades, so maybe there's some other perspectives that aren't "trolls." I was CJs biggest supporter from the beginning right up until the middle of last year when it was apparent to me, as a former player, that CJ has in fact lost this team. I remember the first time I heard a rival GM on a Direct TV feed refer to the Bruins as looking "emotionally fragile" last year... I couldn't think of a better way to describe them. There were times when they could beat anyone... but there were so many times that they looked like they were gripping the sticks so tight they were mesmorized... the long losing streak, the Cooke reuinion game.  The B's had so many reasons for their historic collapse against Philly in the playoffs, but I could not get over that horrendous dud they played in Game 5 at home, then the 3-0 lead blown in Game 7.  This team looks bad, they look shaky.  Losing is one thing, looking the way the Bs have looked the last year or so is on the coach.  I've been in this dressing room.  Its rough to say, but sometimes you make a change just for the sake of making a change. This is NOT pushing the panic button over a couple losses. This is a coaching situation that probably could have resulted in a firing a couple times last year, if not for the B's not wanting to pay another set of 2-3 coaches.  Its a big picture situation where the team's uninspired, weak play... no skating, no emotion, no distaste for losing ... HAS to come from behind the bench- who upsets me every time he makes another excuse for these guys. I have to agree with some people I dont normally agree with and say I think Claude needs to go.  As a matter of fact, if I were PC I think Id consider making a huge statement by making whatever big roster move(s) he's going to make soon all at once, and fire CJ the same day.  I'd want freaked out players in black jerseys that day.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Great insights, I agree with you 100%!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Is the Problem : Dunne, a few of us have been involved in the game for a few decades, so maybe there's some other perspectives that aren't "trolls." I was CJs biggest supporter from the beginning right up until the middle of last year when it was apparent to me, as a former player, that CJ has in fact lost this team. I remember the first time I heard a rival GM on a Direct TV feed refer to the Bruins as looking "emotionally fragile" last year... I couldn't think of a better way to describe them. There were times when they could beat anyone... but there were so many times that they looked like they were gripping the sticks so tight they were mesmorized... the long losing streak, the Cooke reuinion game.  The B's had so many reasons for their historic collapse against Philly in the playoffs, but I could not get over that horrendous dud they played in Game 5 at home, then the 3-0 lead blown in Game 7.  This team looks bad, they look shaky.  Losing is one thing, looking the way the Bs have looked the last year or so is on the coach.  I've been in this dressing room.  Its rough to say, but sometimes you make a change just for the sake of making a change. This is NOT pushing the panic button over a couple losses. This is a coaching situation that probably could have resulted in a firing a couple times last year, if not for the B's not wanting to pay another set of 2-3 coaches.  Its a big picture situation where the team's uninspired, weak play... no skating, no emotion, no distaste for losing ... HAS to come from behind the bench- who upsets me every time he makes another excuse for these guys. I have to agree with some people I dont normally agree with and say I think Claude needs to go.  As a matter of fact, if I were PC I think Id consider making a huge statement by making whatever big roster move(s) he's going to make soon all at once, and fire CJ the same day.  I'd want freaked out players in black jerseys that day.

Very good post.  Some people think this wanting to fire the coach is a reaction to the losses that are piling up but it is due inconsistent effort for the past 2 season.  The teams Failure against Carolina made me take a closer look. Julien's failure to make any adjustments during our 10 game losing streak made me take a closer look. The absolute failure against the Flyer's made me take a closer look. Every time I take a closer look I see a poor Coach with a good system for the regular season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Post rated
    4 stars.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I agree 100% soxfan, superb post

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In spite of our differences in the past Sox. You hit this one well out of the park! Great insite, well said & 200% backing by me! The game against Atlanta was the final icing spread on the cake for me. CJ has the players acting exactly how they acted when Lewis was coach. The reminder came when Hunwick fought Kane. I remembered Brad Boyes getting into a fight to try & spark something into a lifeless team. It's like you have players going out of their norm because their fed up & frustrated. Ironically enough it wasn't long after that fight Boyes got traded. I know the trades aren't related, but just when I saw Hunwick drop them it sent me a reminder of how I felt when I saw Boyes fight.