Julien, Marchand, Thomas, trades and more

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Julien, Marchand, Thomas, trades and more

If they trade Thomas now, I give up on this team. Seriously.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I am sick of hearing the phrase "puck moving defensmen".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

How about PP defenceman.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Of all the players to trade why on earth would they trade Thomas? If not for TT the team is a lottery pick and guys upstairs might have lost jobs already. The guy is likely to win a 2nd Vezina and you feel he's overpaid?? Seguin has a ton more talent than Marchand but he's still learning to play without the puck. Marchand has a different role. Are these questions serious?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

How about a defenceman that can hit the net. There will be no trade TT, nor shall there be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FUhabs. Show FUhabs's posts

AMEN!

In Response to Re: Julien, Marchand, Thomas, trades and more:
    [QUOTE]I am sick of hearing the phrase "puck moving defensmen".
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

How about a legit scoring threat??? One more good forward puts this team over the top. Which line would then be our first? Just try and send your top D-pair out against us.

Lucic - Savvy - Horton?

Wheeler - Krejci - Ryder?

Legit scorer - Bergeron - Seguin?

Marchand - Campbell - Recchi/Thornton? (okay, probs not this one, but still a good line)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i would play marchand on the 2nd or 3rd line the way he hustles and works, he has some offensive talent too, not getting much from wheeler or recchi anyway so why not??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Fourrings -- I'm with you. Marchand should be higher on the depth chart. And on the FLA road trip, he was, but CJ is very conservative, so he falls to fourth line duties. I think the kid is a good player.

And for all of you who say Marchand is a fourthliner-third liner at best -- look at this kid's pedigree. He's been a producer and a valuable commodity at all levels of hockey. He's very much like Halak in that sense -- been good everywhere, gets little respect, keeps his head down, works hard, and will emerge eventually.

A couple of years ago, when Sam Gagner was the big deal on the Canadian world junior team, Marchand was right up there with him. Nike was promoting the crap out of him during the tourney, TSN was calling him a steal as a 2nd rounder, and all of this seems legit to me now.

CJ, I am one of your biggest supporters and I am so grateful for what you've done for this franchise, but, please, for the love of the Stanley Cup, please play Marchy more. He's earned it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Julien, Marchand, Thomas, trades and more:[QUOTE]How about PP defenceman. Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

I'm Ok with that term it fits because every Defensman Julien has tried on the PP has Failed! Failed! Failed!

Sections
Shortcuts