Julien on embellishment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Julien on embellishment

http://nhl.si.com/2013/03/04/claude-julien-diving-rant-video/" rel="nofollow">http://nhl.si.com/2013/03/04/claude-julien-diving-rant-video/

So what do you think? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Re: Julien on embellishment

The video's been removed -- please repost if you can.

Meanwhile, after watching tonight's Habs-Rangers game, I realize that the Habs are a farce.

They're like the Globetrotters of hockey. Even the announcers pointed out Subban's wild performance, saying he should "get an Oscar, not just an Emmy" for one dive. Saturday's game, with Kings vs. Hawks, was fun to watch -- great two-way hockey. Then I realized how foolish Montreal makes the league, the refs, and the game (and even the other team) look.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

…not to mention themselves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

The video's been removed -- please repost if you can.

Meanwhile, after watching tonight's Habs-Rangers game, I realize that the Habs are a farce.

They're like the Globetrotters of hockey. Even the announcers pointed out Subban's wild performance, saying he should "get an Oscar, not just an Emmy" for one dive. Saturday's game, with Kings vs. Hawks, was fun to watch -- great two-way hockey. Then I realized how foolish Montreal makes the league, the refs, and the game (and even the other team) look.

It works for me when I click

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

What do we think of what, Habs fans putting together videos of Bruins diving?  They have the right to do it.  There are a lot worse things on the internet.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

It's embarrassing, no matter who does it. But we'll call t when our guys do it -- Marchy looks like a jerk out there. But the Habs are the masters. And they don't call their guys. Instead they push t on everyone else. They're the best -- no question.  At diving, not hockey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

It's embarrassing, no matter who does it. But we'll call t when our guys do it -- Marchy looks like a jerk out there. But the Habs are the masters. And they don't call their guys. Instead they push t on everyone else. They're the best -- no question.  At diving, not hockey.

But the reffs stopped calling it for Marchand,so why not the Habs,reffs still keep falling for it, for them, I don't get it maybee there just better actors and divers,but got to say I would be rating them with some 3's or maybee 3.5s,and those 3 high sticking calls last game were pathetic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Finally, a diving call on Plecanec in Tuesday's game. That's after the announcers and between-periods guys have been screaming for days. But a little later Subban dives -- falls, actually -- to draw a tripping call, and gets away with it.

Notice how "discipline" becomes the big issue in games against the Habs? For the Rangers now as well as the Bruins earlier. Or another word that shows up, "shenanigans."

This is how the Habs play, and it is how they win. They don't mind looking like idiots, if that's what it takes to win.

And if they win, it changes the nature of the game. I picture little kids all across Canada playing pond hockey and practicing diving and snapping their heads back so they can grow up to play for the Habs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

And during the last LA/Chi game, to see a few of the calls that were made when the player being hooked or tripped didint throw his arms in the air like a fool, it reminded you of what hockey is supposed to look like.  But Engblom later on just had to talk about the "smart" play someone made in embellishing a call.

Its true that there are key moments in a game when selling a call just a little bit is smart hockey.  But when you act like the Habs you reduce the game to soccer.  And its the leagues fault for letting it continue by rewarding it.

Id like to see the league penalize embellishment by treating it like a Misconduct = no player strength change on ice-  that way the refs can differentiate bewteen calling the penalty and ackowleding the dive, without the fear of taking away a correct power play.  So, if someone does make contact with Subbans shield and he leaps into the third row, the player gets a high stick minor and Subbie gets an embellishment "infraction" where he sits for 2 min but is replaced on the ice, and the Habs still have the 5 on 4.

This keeps the ref from ignoring the dive because it was a legitimate PP situation, and divers are properly recognized.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Id like to see the league penalize embellishment by treating it like a Misconduct = no player strength change on ice-  that way the refs can differentiate bewteen calling the penalty and ackowleding the dive, without the fear of taking away a correct power play.  So, if someone does make contact with Subbans shield and he leaps into the third row, the player gets a high stick minor and Subbie gets an embellishment "infraction" where he sits for 2 min but is replaced on the ice, and the Habs still have the 5 on 4.

This keeps the ref from ignoring the dive because it was a legitimate PP situation, and divers are properly recognized.

Interesting thought, but why let the unsportsmanlike penalty go and not count? If I hit someone with a high stick, it's a penalty and I should be sent to the box. If I dive, it's a penalty and I should be sent to the box. It's no different than two guys getting concurrent penalties for any other infraction at the same point in time of the game. The dive negates what would have been a power play and they skate 4-on-4. It seems rather simple to me.

Sections
Shortcuts