Julien Texting Savard ABout The Power Play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Julien Texting Savard ABout The Power Play

Just passing this along for those who may have missed it.  During the OT intermission of tonight's Caps and TB, Jeff Marek of the HNIC I Desk moments ago announced that Claude Julien has been texting Marc Savard about the situation of the PP.  Well, at least they're looking for any insight available to get it untracked and a good source just might be the injured trigger man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Julien Texting Savard ABout The Power Play

It is on NESN also.  I think it would be nice to see Savard from the press box giving advice with a mic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Once again the brainiacs believe what writers, seking recognition, put forth. What garbage. If the Bruins wanted Savard's input, he would be in Boston, live, and discussing strategy. The only problem, is that his "strategy" was instinctive, not planned. Without Savard, the Bruins should be using the "instinctive" moves by existing lines, not replacing Marchand with Peverly.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

The reason the Bruins power play worked with Savard is that he passes about a thousand percent better than anybody on their current roster. They run basically the same set (part of the problem) but without Savard's skill. Texting him for advice, if true, is not going to work and is pathetic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shadow...is that marvelous marvin?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

In Response to Re: Julien Texting Savard ABout The Power Play:
    [QUOTE]shadow...is that marvelous marvin?
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Yep, the one and only.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it didn't get much better than a marvelous,he is my favorite of all time. he was a technician. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Why not try Seguin for just the PP? He has that type of skill. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

[QUOTE]it didn't get much better than a marvelous,he is my favorite of all time. he was a technician. 

Well said. The Marvelous One was an incredible boxer; just wish he could planted the running man - Sugar Ray Leonard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

[QUOTE]Why not try Seguin for just the PP? He has that type of skill. 
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

True, but Seguin lacks the full game (and weight/strength) at this time and placing him out there just on power plays - ahhh, I don't know. I think in a year or so this kid is going to amaze us we just need to be patient with him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]Why not try Seguin for just the PP? He has that type of skill. 
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

Agree with him having the skill, but I just pray he doesn't have to play his first playoff game in a rough series like this one.  Richards or Pronger would probably take his head off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

never cared for leonard, just as i've never cared for patterson. same style. he's a punk for dodging packyow(sp), hate to ruin that unblemished record. a washed up mosely shouldn't be much for manny. i hope they can make patterson/ packyow happen- but doubt it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

[QUOTE]never cared for leonard, just as i've never cared for patterson. same style. he's a punk for dodging packyow(sp), hate to ruin that unblemished record. a washed up mosely shouldn't be much for manny. i hope they can make patterson/ packyow happen- but doubt it

you mean Mayweather? Yes, he's a real punk. I don't think he'll ever fight Manny unless, A) he needs the money (he's facing a lot of court time) B) Manny slows down - as Leonard did with MMH. He waited until Marvin slowed a bit and then agreed to fight him and then ran. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Julien Texting Savard ABout The Power Play : Agree with him having the skill, but I just pray he doesn't have to play his first playoff game in a rough series like this one.  Richards or Pronger would probably take his head off.
    Posted by mb30[/QUOTE]

I would not do it at this time. Seguin needs time to develop strength and put some weight on - so he can handle the abuse of a Richards or Pronger. Unfortunately because he was a top draft pick he was ineligible to play in the AHL this past season (with the exception of injury rehab).  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

wrong floyd, minor brain cramp. anyways, i thought de la hoya handed mayweather a defeat-or at least a draw... enough to retain his title in 07.  sorry b's fans, back to hockey

Sections
Shortcuts