Juliene compares Suban to Marchand on CBC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Juliene compares Suban to Marchand on CBC

the difference is 1 wears black & gold and the other wears bleu, blanc, rouge.  i love marchand and hate subban, but it would probably be the other way around if they were to switch jerseys. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Juliene compares Suban to Marchand on CBC

He basically says they are ecactly the same.  If I was Marchand I would be greatly offended.  Marchand is a rat but he does not hide behind the refs, he does not dive all over the place and he e is willing to back up what he does........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Marchand isn't as talented as Subban, other than that I say it's a fair comparison. The only difference you see is the jersey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Really?  I disagree on your talent opiunion and I would also say Suban is more like a LaPierre. I rarely see Marchand diving and hiding behind refs... Color of jersey does not fog my view of players including our own.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Juliene compares Suban to Marchand on CBC:
    [QUOTE]Really?  I disagree on your talent opiunion and I would also say Suban is more like a LaPierre. I rarely see Marchand diving and hiding behind refs... Color of jersey does not fog my view of players including our own.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

If you believe this you know nothing about hockey.  Hate Subban all you want.  PK Subban lead all players in ice in our series win over them last year.  I dislike his stupid antics and smile but he is gonna be a world class player soon.  He is that good!  And to be that good playing defense in the NHL in a hot bed like Montreal is a complete compliment. 
    As far as the antics comparison it is valid.  I give Brad a big thumbs up this year.  He should have been more involved last night than he was.  He has played hard and dropped the gloves.  His cheap stuff seems to be taming down so far as well. 

I thought CJ's remarks were spot on.  He took the Bruins off their game very similar to Marchand and the Canucks.  PK won that game last night. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Really?  I disagree on your talent opiunion and I would also say Suban is more like a LaPierre. I rarely see Marchand diving and hiding behind refs... Color of jersey does not fog my view of players including our own.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Well your view is definetly fogged if you think P.K Subban and Maxime Lapierre have the same talent. Is this about diving? Yes the Canadiens dive, we get it, and Subban is a better diver than Marchand, who will dive too. The canadiens have always dove, you can blame them all you want, but when an opposing player knows this and still feels the need to take an unecessary even stupid whack and gets a penalty which results in the goal that is the difference in the game, who do you blame then? Maybe they continue to dive because stupid players will continue to retaliate and get called for the penalty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

As far as diving I blame the refs more for not calling it and as far as talent between Suban and Marchand, Suban is very talented but when he has a playoff like what Marchand had then I will call him more skilled than Marchand....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]As far as diving I blame the refs more for not calling it and as far as talent between Suban and Marchand, Suban is very talented but when he has a playoff like what Marchand had then I will call him more skilled than Marchand....
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

I apologize for starters for being harsh.  I think the Bruins have me seeing red.
    Let me ask this.  Is Marchand more skilled than Ovie?  Marchand in my eyes was the difference to this club last year.  No one expected it and his playoff run was epic.  But it doesnt mean he is more skilled than Subban.  If you asked me to trade one for one I would do it in a minute.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]As far as diving I blame the refs more for not calling it and as far as talent between Suban and Marchand, Suban is very talented but when he has a playoff like what Marchand had then I will call him more skilled than Marchand....
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

rookie defenseman plays on top unit against eventual stanley cup champs' first line and shuts them down..I love Marchands game, but now your talking skill? Marchand has skill, no doubting that, but in any defintion of the word skill you can come up with, Marchand does not have as much skill as Subban. your comparing a forward to a defenseman, yet i challenge you to give me one skill marchand has that is better then Subbans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]To answer the first question, no of course marchand is not better than ovie because Ovie is a franchise player and has been top scorer, mvp and has proven to be a top 3 players in the league year after year.  As for Marchand vs Suban I really believe marchand has more to offer as a forward than Suban as a defenseman.  Marchand has speed, is a good playmaker, a good scorer, a great penalty killer, responsible defensively, has proved to perform under the greatest pressure and is a RAT.  Suban has skill, great shot, tough great skater, ofensive defenseman who has been a liabilty defensively and has shown that his own teammates don't like him.  At this stage I would take Marchand.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Anytime you can have a mobile confident young defender who is gifted offensively and also paired as a shut down and plays 25+ minutes a game its hard to top that.  he is also on the ice in every situation including the last minute of the game. 
    I'm soft on dmen though so thats why my pick is an easy one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

To answer the first question, no of course marchand is not better than ovie because Ovie is a franchise player and has been top scorer, mvp and has proven to be a top 3 players in the league year after year. 

As for Marchand vs Suban I really believe marchand has more to offer as a forward than Suban as a defenseman.  Marchand has speed, is a good playmaker, a good scorer, a great penalty killer, responsible defensively, has proved to perform under the greatest pressure and is a RAT.  Suban has skill, great shot, tough great skater, ofensive defenseman who has been a liabilty defensively and has shown that his own teammates don't like him.  At this stage I would take Marchand.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]To answer the first question, no of course marchand is not better than ovie because Ovie is a franchise player and has been top scorer, mvp and has proven to be a top 3 players in the league year after year.  As for Marchand vs Suban I really believe marchand has more to offer as a forward than Suban as a defenseman.  Marchand has speed, is a good playmaker, a good scorer, a great penalty killer, responsible defensively, has proved to perform under the greatest pressure and is a RAT.  Suban has skill, great shot, tough great skater, ofensive defenseman who has been a liabilty defensively and has shown that his own teammates don't like him.  At this stage I would take Marchand.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

I think I know how to end this. Who do you think is better overall, Krejci or Crosby?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Did you see Don Cherry tell Vancouver to MAN UP...and stop going to the ref's to settle their disputes. It was classic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Yup.. he also said he wanted Vancouver to win.  What a turn coat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Subban's got a ton of talent, but I can't get past the diving --  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Juliene compares Suban to Marchand on CBC : If you believe this you know nothing about hockey.  Hate Subban all you want.  PK Subban lead all players in ice in our series win over them last year.  I dislike his stupid antics and smile but he is gonna be a world class player soon.  He is that good!  And to be that good playing defense in the NHL in a hot bed like Montreal is a complete compliment.  As far as the antics comparison it is valid.  I give Brad a big thumbs up this year.  He should have been more involved last night than he was.  He has played hard and dropped the gloves.  His cheap stuff seems to be taming down so far as well.  I thought CJ's remarks were spot on.  He took the Bruins off their game very similar to Marchand and the Canucks.  PK won that game last night. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Shupe, you are right. P.K. does have world class talent.

He will never be a world class player because he doesn't have a world class head. And you can't have one without the other.

The only exception I can think of is Maradona. But then again, his talent was immense, much moreso than P.K., but eventually Maradona's head brought him down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Juliene compares Suban to Marchand on CBC : Shupe, you are right. P.K. does have world class talent. He will never be a world class player because he doesn't have a world class head. And you can't have one without the other. The only exception I can think of is Maradona. But then again, his talent was immense, much moreso than P.K., but eventually Maradona's head brought him down.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Has there ever been a player that is outside the norm.  All sports have them. 
    PK is loved by his home crowd, he loves the spot light and excels when he plays that role.  If he were a free agent this minute 30 teams and all of the KHL would sign him.  Heck what he does/did as a rookie is no different than what Ovie does.   I dont care that he wears a Habs jersey.  He plays a punk role but is a hockey player 1st, has played for the world jrs and will definitely be in the mix for 2014. 
    He goated us into bad penalties and drives players crazy.  Seems to me there have been lots of them over the days.  The acts in the 70s and 80s were similar. 
    PK is having fun.  Hes an excellent young player and will continue to get better.  Scarey that as a 2nd yr player he is this good.  defense is the hardest position to learn at this level. 
    He is a confident cocky player.  His antics drive teams nuts.  But he has already walked through the Canadian Hockey doors and was a vital and fan favorite for the world juniors. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Juliene compares Suban to Marchand on CBC : rookie defenseman plays on top unit against eventual stanley cup champs' first line and shuts them down..I love Marchands game, but now your talking skill? Marchand has skill, no doubting that, but in any defintion of the word skill you can come up with, Marchand does not have as much skill as Subban. your comparing a forward to a defenseman, yet i challenge you to give me one skill marchand has that is better then Subbans.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Toss the puck into the corner and send those 2 after it and Marchand will skate away with the puck while Subban drops to 1 knee and grabs his mouth in hopes that a phantom high-stick will magically draw blood. Who cares that he's on the top unit in Montreal? He's playing with a bunch of #4 type D so being better than them doesn't make him great. The guy is 3rd on his team in D scoring and 96th league-wide. Throw in a -3 to boot and I think you're vastly overrating him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kordic. Show Kordic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Juliene compares Suban to Marchand on CBC : Well your view is definetly fogged if you think P.K Subban and Maxime Lapierre have the same talent. Is this about diving? Yes the Canadiens dive, we get it, and Subban is a better diver than Marchand, who will dive too. The canadiens have always dove, you can blame them all you want, but when an opposing player knows this and still feels the need to take an unecessary even stupid whack and gets a penalty which results in the goal that is the difference in the game, who do you blame then? Maybe they continue to dive because stupid players will continue to retaliate and get called for the penalty.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

AMEN!
    finally someone who understand the truth behind the dives.
    Montreal always had smaller but faster team(since the 70's)and if someone get hit illegaly he'll dive, just to make sure the ref see the infraction.frustatred player like Ference,or Thornton hit PK or any other player illegaly,they'll drop,simple as that...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Juliene compares Suban to Marchand on CBC : AMEN! finally someone who understand the truth behind the dives. Montreal always had smaller but faster team(since the 70's)and if someone get hit illegaly he'll dive, just to make sure the ref see the infraction.frustatred player like Ference,or Thornton hit PK or any other player illegaly,they'll drop,simple as that...
    Posted by Kordic[/QUOTE]
    Only a fan of that sort of thing would claim it's something that everybody does. Why do you think the league instituted a diving penalty? It's because it's a part of the game they'd like to get rid of. Are you familiar with The Boy Who Cried Wolf?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kordic. Show Kordic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Juliene compares Suban to Marchand on CBC : Only a fan of that sort of thing would claim it's something that everybody does. Why do you think the league instituted a diving penalty? It's because it's a part of the game they'd like to get rid of. Are you familiar with The Boy Who Cried Wolf?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

and they wanna get rid of illegal hit.....and guess what, its half of the Bruins tactics

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Juliene compares Suban to Marchand on CBC : and they wanna get rid of illegal hit.....and guess what, its half of the Bruins tactics
    Posted by Kordic[/QUOTE]
    Nice "comeback". Sadly, it's exactly what I expected.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Juliene compares Suban to Marchand on CBC : AMEN! finally someone who understand the truth behind the dives. Montreal always had smaller but faster team(since the 70's)and if someone get hit illegaly he'll dive, just to make sure the ref see the infraction.frustatred player like Ference,or Thornton hit PK or any other player illegaly,they'll drop,simple as that...
    Posted by Kordic[/QUOTE]

then you should be a soccer fan and call yourself Ronaldo or Kaka

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Juliene compares Suban to Marchand on CBC : and they wanna get rid of illegal hit.....and guess what, its half of the Bruins tactics
    Posted by Kordic[/QUOTE]

"Bruins tactics"? So you're saying the Bruins do things illegal that aren't called? I don't see it. The Habs get plenty of power plays for all the bad evil things the Bruins do.

What I see every time the Habs play the Bs is even more penalties because your small fast team decides it can't play like men and decides to fall down to draw a penalty every time an opponent touches them, legally or illegally.

If Montreal wasn't so dependent on the PP and didn't try to draw every penalty, I'd have more respect for them. If PK didn't look to the ref after every hit on him, I'd have more respect for him.

As it is I have 0 respect for that team and think its sad that Habs fans try to defend the teams actions.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Posted by Kordic[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was at the last few practices in Ristucchia. Your right they spent half the time skating around practicing throwing elbows, slashing each other on the wrist, and cross checking. They then paid a Paccioretty look like to skate towards the stanchion and took turns perfectly ramming his head into it. This of course stopped after Chara went as the poor lad couldnt get back up.

But you know what??? I was much more proud watching my team doing that than my friend was when we went to a Habs practice in the preseason. Heres the footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQL-NV5qmBU

Sections
Shortcuts