Julien's best coaching move this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Julien's best coaching move this year?

Sitting Seguin for the playoffs. Seriously!

I would not want him to become infected with the Bruin playoff meltdown disease. That would prolong this hideousness for more years to come.

Please, Claude, don't play the kid. Let's spare him!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Julien's best coaching move this year?

In Response to Julien's best coaching move this year?:
    Sitting Seguin for the playoffs. Seriously! I would not want him to become infected with the Bruin playoff meltdown disease. That would prolong this hideousness for more years to come. Please, Claude, don't play the kid. Let's spare him!
    Posted by Wheatskins

I hear you, Wheats.  I think putting Seguin in as some sort of answer to what ails the Bruins is a hell of a load to place on an 18 year old.  Should the rest of the Bruins match the Habs' determination, their fortunes just might turn around.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

When he moves out of Boston, that will be his best!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

Getting himself fired by presenting yet another playoff collapse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Claude's a pretty good coach and is a great person. His teams usually always have success and finish near the top of standings, often winning the division title. With that being said, his playoff track record can cause for alarm. IMO, he is probably not the guy to get a team "over the hump," in terms of getting to the Stanley Cup Finals or even winning the Cup. His system can be complicated, and it's no secret that it's not a personal favorite for predominantly offensive players (a la Kessel). However, it does work in the regular season, but in the post season, it encounters challenges. It is very frustrating to watch this team play his system a decent amount of the time. I'm a really big fan of Claude, and think he's a pretty damn good coach. However, he has not accomplished much in the playoffs, namely winning a cup or getting to one, something that this city has been longing for--for a long time.

I'm calling it a night. Let's go B's!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

The Montreal Formula

I can tell you his worst. Not realizing that Montreal always has 5 guys in front of the net, that they play the trap and the only way to score is with short passes. Not long passes and not going from end to end because you're Marchand. Short g0dd@mned passes. Sort of like the goal Bergeron scored yesterday. Go figure.

Everyone in the Montreal organization must laugh themselves to sleep at night at how easy their strategy has been against Boston, wondering how it's even possible that Claude Julien hasn't figured it out yet.

The nicest thing I can say about CJ is that Mtl did the exact same thing with Pittsburgh & Washington last year and it worked with them too. So he might not be the dumb3st coach in the league.

Sections
Shortcuts