Juliens Downfall..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Juliens Downfall..

I've long been a Julien supporter and I expect this team to go far in the postseason.4 game skids happen to EVERY team. I heard his reasons why Marchand was benched and totally agree with him, but why is Paille still playing on a regular shift? How many times the last 2 games did he cough up the puck?

I know we've beaten this Seguin issue to death, but clearly someone dropped the ball here. Whether it's in the NHL or in juniors, this kid needs to be playing. I can understand a view from the press box here and there to let the kid see some mistakes, but when he was drafted #2 overall, I don't think anyone envisioned him  sitting out games in March because paille was the better option.What bothers me more is when it was decided to keep him here, Savard was still playing. Now he's not playing any games and his progress is being significantly stunted because Daniel Paille is the better option. Whats managements take on this?
    I hear Seguin has to learn how to play in his own end but he hasn't been around the last 2 games and you just allowed 90+ shots in two games to the sabres and Isles, in a primarily defensive system. This is being botched bigtime.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Juliens Downfall..

In Response to Juliens Downfall..:
    [QUOTE]I've long been a Julien supporter and I expect this team to go far in the postseason.4 game skids happen to EVERY team. I heard his reasons why Marchand was benched and totally agree with him, but why is Paille still playing on a regular shift? How many times the last 2 games did he cough up the puck? I know we've beaten this Seguin issue to death, but clearly someone dropped the ball here. Whether it's in the NHL or in juniors, this kid needs to be playing. I can understand a view from the press box here and there to let the kid see some mistakes, but when he was drafted #2 overall, I don't think anyone envisioned him  sitting out games in March because paille was the better option.What bothers me more is when it was decided to keep him here, Savard was still playing. Now he's not playing any games and his progress is being significantly stunted because Daniel Paille is the better option. Whats managements take on this? I hear Seguin has to learn how to play in his own end but he hasn't been around the last 2 games and you just allowed 90+ shots in two games to the sabres and Isles, in a primarily defensive system. This is being botched bigtime.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

The way I look at it is that he has a resource that is not being exploited to its maximum potential, so yes, it is his job to 'develop' Seguin.

Seguin has some serious skills.  IMO he should fit into the PP.  IMO PP time shouldn't be "earned", but the guy who would be best suited for the job should get it.

Yes, he would be awful on the PP for the first 5, 10 or 21 times - but then again we had about 21 PP that didn't result in a goal.

It really really bothers me that this team has such serious non-efforts and losing skids every year.

I've said this and I've seen one other poster say this, but its not getting any where near enough attention,

Have you ever in your life seen a team this schizo?  At ANY level?  Freakin bantam thru midget thru college thru junior thru echl & etc. I've never seen this type of thing where  they will have such a total no show lack of effort game so frequently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

I'll say it again--- Utilize his skill set.  He should be on the PP-- period.  The PP is a  joke anyway so putting someone out there with his offensive skill set would be logical, but logic does not figure in anything CJ does. They have 14 games left.  Take these 14 games to incorporate Seguin into the PP and it well help them in the playoffs.  I have no problem with him playing on the 4th line and getting limited minutes as long as he is on the PP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Juliens Downfall..:
    [QUOTE]I've long been a Julien supporter and I expect this team to go far in the postseason.4 game skids happen to EVERY team. I heard his reasons why Marchand was benched and totally agree with him, but why is Paille still playing on a regular shift? How many times the last 2 games did he cough up the puck? I know we've beaten this Seguin issue to death, but clearly someone dropped the ball here. Whether it's in the NHL or in juniors, this kid needs to be playing. I can understand a view from the press box here and there to let the kid see some mistakes, but when he was drafted #2 overall, I don't think anyone envisioned him  sitting out games in March because paille was the better option.What bothers me more is when it was decided to keep him here, Savard was still playing. Now he's not playing any games and his progress is being significantly stunted because Daniel Paille is the better option. Whats managements take on this? I hear Seguin has to learn how to play in his own end but he hasn't been around the last 2 games and you just allowed 90+ shots in two games to the sabres and Isles, in a primarily defensive system. This is being botched bigtime.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Seguin has been used by Julien to enforce to his D system.Seguins development is a distant second.He should have been returned to juniors,but the Bs politics (kessel trade) wouldn't allow it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

should of been fired after last years disaster. IF he doesn't get us past the 2nd round this year, he is gone

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Juliens Downfall..:
    [QUOTE]I'll say it again--- Utilize his skill set.  He should be on the PP-- period.  The PP is a  joke anyway so putting someone out there with his offensive skill set would be logical, but logic does not figure in anything CJ does. They have 14 games left.  Take these 14 games to incorporate Seguin into the PP and it well help them in the playoffs.  I have no problem with him playing on the 4th line and getting limited minutes as long as he is on the PP.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

I fully agree.  Have him take a regular shift with Campbell and the Skating Clown, but come the powerplay, get him on the ice!  He has the speed and the stick to make things happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Why are we still suprised at Julien's decisions? He is an old-fashioned, slow-witted neanderthal in a game that needs, actually DEMANDS,  flexibility, responsability, and preparedness. None of these skills appear in Claude's persona. I've itemized Thornton's lack of skills too often to count. Why oh why is REX on Bergeron's wing, except that it is easier for Bergeron to cover up Rex's increasing failures. why, in a game that REQUIRES chemstry, does CLOD keep shifting players ??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I hate when I repeat myself, but Chara needs to be put in front of the net on the PP! I think the kid needs some PP time. Especially on 5-3 situations! I think Brad Marchand got the "nothing can be taken from me now attitude!" I hope his benching smartens him up! As far the coaching goes? I promised to reserve judgment until the B's season is completely over!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Seguin might just need the rest, he is probably wearing down physically never having played this much in a season before in his life

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Just my thought...From what I've seen of Seguin this season, is he just can't play in CJ's system. Would he be a better producer is he played in some other teams system ? I believe so. I see eithe CJ getting let go and a new system brought in by a new coaching team, or Seguin gets traded, after this season. I truely don't think the two can work together. Just my thoughts,.. And now we need some W's on the column....Go B's Go

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin might just need the rest, he is probably wearing down physically never having played this much in a season before in his life
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

That's a great point, and one I didn't even think of.  Consider the travel, the practices, the incredible beating game after game.  The kid has to be tired!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Let's see...Seguin is 19...Recchi is 42....Seguin has sat a handful of games...Recchi none...Does Seguin need a blankie & bottle with that rest time ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Juliens Downfall.. : The way I look at it is that he has a resource that is not being exploited to its maximum potential, so yes, it is his job to 'develop' Seguin. Seguin has some serious skills.  IMO he should fit into the PP.  IMO PP time shouldn't be "earned", but the guy who would be best suited for the job should get it. Yes, he would be awful on the PP for the first 5, 10 or 21 times - but then again we had about 21 PP that didn't result in a goal. It really really bothers me that this team has such serious non-efforts and losing skids every year. I've said this and I've seen one other poster say this, but its not getting any where near enough attention, Have you ever in your life seen a team this schizo?  At ANY level?  Freakin bantam thru midget thru college thru junior thru echl & etc. I've never seen this type of thing where  they will have such a total no show lack of effort game so frequently.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

As supporters of the Bruins, I'd like to think its not so much that they lose a game that frustrates as much as the manner in which they lose.  Should they come out on the short end after playing hard, I doubt there would be as much ill will as there is when it appears they play "small"  (i. e. providing little or no physical challenges, being beaten to pucks). 

Interesting comment from Wings coach Babcock in today's Toronto Sun sports section that I hope Julien and staff impart to the club.  He said "There gets to be a point in your season where you got to decide, if you think you're a championship-calibre team, that there's a right way to play.  Unless you get 23 guys doing it the same way and wanting to do it, nothing's going to happen." 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Juliens Downfall.. : As supporters of the Bruins, I'd like to think its not so much that they lose a game that frustrates as much as the manner in which they lose.  Should they come out on the short end after playing hard, I doubt there would be as much ill will as there is when it appears they play "small"  (i. e. providing little or no physical challenges, being beaten to pucks).  Interesting comment from Wings coach Babcock in today's Toronto Sun sports section that I hope Julien and staff impart to the club.  He said "There gets to be a point in your season where you got to decide, if you think you're a championship-calibre team, that there's a right way to play.  Unless you get 23 guys doing it the same way and wanting to do it, nothing's going to happen." 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Can't argue with a coach who's been to 3 finals & owner of a cup ring.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Just my thought...From what I've seen of Seguin this season, is he just can't play in CJ's system. Would he be a better producer is he played in some other teams system ? I believe so. I see eithe CJ getting let go and a new system brought in by a new coaching team, or Seguin gets traded, after this season. I truely don't think the two can work together. Just my thoughts,.. And now we need some W's on the column....Go B's Go
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Talent can't be taught. Either you have it or you don't! Seguin has the talent. Defense needs to be taught & learned. Some learn quicker than others. You can't make that bold a statement about a 19 yr old. I do believe Seguin should be used more, but I think that's why CJ is sitting him. When Tyler makes a mistake on the ice. You can see it affect him. He may not handle disappointment well. Maybe it's an area he needs to improve. So, sitting him & letting him watch is easier on him then having him go out & lose more confidence. In spite of what I see as flaws in CJ's coaching. I do believe in the overall scheme of things & without knowing EXACTLY what is going thru the kids mind on a daily basis. I think CJ & staff are doing what they deem as the correct way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Let's see...Seguin is 19...Recchi is 42....Seguin has sat a handful of games...Recchi none...Does Seguin need a blankie & bottle with that rest time ?

Have you ever trained for anything?  It doesn't happen overnight, and endurance isn't built over a few months.

You're usually pretty reliable for good posts, Stuke, but this one is complete BS.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Thinking that Julien will be judged on how this team fairs in the playoffs.. anything and everything leading up to it is immaterial at this point.. Hope they can gradually start to ramp up their game so that it peaks in the playoffs. As this team continues to find out..the style of game in the playoffs differs greatly than regular season. Despite seeing a four game skid, I think that this team is actually constructed better than it has been and should fair reasonably well in the playoffs. Of course a lot oif that is predicated on injuries and solid goal tending. I still think Julien is not the roiight guy to get them thru the playoffs thou.. He has an old style, stay the course inability to make on the fly adjustments when his team is mis-matched. THAT, my friends will be his downfall. It's too bad ..because management for once .. stepped up and put some talent together that 'should' go far in the playoffs. Can't say they did that in years gone by.. Hope I am wrong ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronoc01. Show ronoc01's posts

Seguin should be playing. So far Kelly has done nothing, so why no put Tyler at centre and Kelly on the wing.  And as for Julien, if the Bruins fall in the first round (which the way things are going, will happen) both Julien and PC will both be fired. I don't see Neely standing pat if they don't get out of the first round.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Juliens Downfall.. : Have you ever trained for anything?  It doesn't happen overnight, and endurance isn't built over a few months. You're usually pretty reliable for good posts, Stuke, but this one is complete BS.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

NAS. Please help here. What has Seguin got to be tired about ? I know you have his game minutes at hand. He's not getting more than 12 or 14 mins a game. He came from Juniors where they ride the bus, not chartered planes and deluxe hotels. So again. What is he tired about ? He's 19 ! I hope the rest of the team that plays regular shifts don't feel the same way then.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Juliens Downfall.. : NAS. Please help here. What has Seguin got to be tired about ? I know you have his game minutes at hand. He's not getting more than 12 or 14 mins a game. He came from Juniors where they ride the bus, not chartered planes and deluxe hotels. So again. What is he tired about ? He's 19 ! I hope the rest of the team that plays regular shifts don't feel the same way then.

Stuke? You're smarter & a better poster than this. There's a huge difference playing Jr. then playing NHL! Riding a bus can be easier than air travel. The rest of the team are pretty much vets that have been doing it longer & are accustomed to it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I think we are the worse team he could have been drafted too. One we are not a horrid team so naturally he won't get as many mins a game had he gone to the oilers. 2nd and the most important is the coach doesn't know how to best utilize his players best strong suits. A good coach coaches his team based on his personal. Our coach Claude is better off coaching a team with very little talent who will be his system robots ( see the 07-08 bruins making the payoffs) than coaching a team who has offensive talent. He also never sits vets but always sits the youngsters. How often has Ryder watched a game from the press box? All you need to know about Claude coaching and adjustment abilities is to look at the 2009 series vs a cains team who had no business beating the bruins. Cam ward didn't even steal the series he didn't have to since the cains made the bruins look stupid even trying to the puck out of there own zone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from daPope. Show daPope's posts

>>Just my thought...From what I've seen of Seguin this season, is he just can't play in CJ's system.<<

It is painfully obvious none of the rest of them can either.  CJ needs to head for the sunshine state to get some winter golf in.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I think we are the worse team he could have been drafted too. One we are not a horrid team so naturally he won't get as many mins a game had he gone to the oilers. 2nd and the most important is the coach doesn't know how to best utilize his players best strong suits. A good coach coaches his team based on his personal. Our coach Claude is better off coaching a team with very little talent who will be his system robots ( see the 07-08 bruins making the payoffs) than coaching a team who has offensive talent. He also never sits vets but always sits the youngsters. How often has Ryder watched a game from the press box? All you need to know about Claude coaching and adjustment abilities is to look at the 2009 series vs a cains team who had no business beating the bruins. Cam ward didn't even steal the series he didn't have to since the cains made the bruins look stupid even trying to the puck out of there own zone.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Chara's Norris trophies won under Julien:  1
    Chara's Norris trophies won under other coaches:  0

Thomas' Vezina trophies won under Julien:  1
    Thomas' Vezina trophies won under other coaches:  0

Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron, Rask all look good playing for Julien.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Juliens Downfall.. : Chara's Norris trophies won under Julien:  1 Chara's Norris trophies won under other coaches:  0 Thomas' Vezina trophies won under Julien:  1 Thomas' Vezina trophies won under other coaches:  0 Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron, Rask all look good playing for Julien.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Thats really saying a lot since lucic, krejci have only played for one coach. Thomas has only played mostly for. Bergy's best season was under mike sullivan not cj. Who's to say these guys numbers wouldn't be better under another coach? Bottom line who cares about individual awards this coach has lost in the second round to a team with less talent in the cains and blew a 3-0 series lead to the flyers. Oh yea claude is also now 0-3 in game 7s as a buins coach.

Are you CJ's brother or something you make it sound like the man has does nothing wrong

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Here's seguins problem, he plays in worst possible scenario under this coaching staff.  Seguin does not fit the mucker, dump and chase, 10 foot passes, d man point shot offense.  He doesn't fit the prototypical "2 way, pk specialist, responsible in own end" forward that these dopes covet. 

Ask Blake Wheeler about the freedom of escaping Julien's system:
    Season Team    Lge GP G A Pts PIM

2010-11 Boston Bruins* NHL  58  11  16  27    32      
    2010-11 Atlanta Thrashers NHL  10  4   4   8     

Or Peverly for that matter...

2010-11 Atlanta Thrashers* NHL 59  14 20    34          35      
    2010-11 Boston Bruins NHL 9   1    
    1     2           0