July 1st, Savard and Cap Space

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: July 1st, Savard and Cap Space

The Bruins can not sign RFA's of other teams, they do not have their own draft picks, so everyone can get that out of their systems.  As far as Savard and free agency goes, yeah it may put the team in a bind.  If he retires, no problem.  If he doesn't, the Bruins can still sign FA's and exceed the cap by 10% through the summer if they anticipate him retiring or going on LTIR come October 1.  That's a big risk though, which might require dumping if Savard comes back wanting to play.  I would prefer the Bruins take care of their own back yard and sign Marchand, maybe Kaberle and maybe maybe Ryder if they play well.  If they have cash left, keep it for deadline time and hold off on long-term deals so there will be cap space to re-sign Krejci and eventually Seguin over the next few years.  Allow roster spaces to be filled by rookies such as Caron.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Ryder is a playoff performer. All teams need those, not just the players who put up huge regular season stats then disappear at crunch time. This is when it all counts, and Ryder's the man! BTW I agree with those who say Wisniewski is much better than Kaberle. I did not like that trade one bit. Watch Colborne become a Bruins killer like Kessel is starting to be!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: July 1st, Savard and Cap Space:
    [QUOTE]The Bruins can not sign RFA's of other teams, they do not have their own draft picks, so everyone can get that out of their systems.  As far as Savard and free agency goes, yeah it may put the team in a bind.  If he retires, no problem.  If he doesn't, the Bruins can still sign FA's and exceed the cap by 10% through the summer if they anticipate him retiring or going on LTIR come October 1.  That's a big risk though, which might require dumping if Savard comes back wanting to play.  I would prefer the Bruins take care of their own back yard and sign Marchand, maybe Kaberle and maybe maybe Ryder if they play well.  If they have cash left, keep it for deadline time and hold off on long-term deals so there will be cap space to re-sign Krejci and eventually Seguin over the next few years.  Allow roster spaces to be filled by rookies such as Caron.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    We'll see! I think PC puts a bid on him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

OK, I will try this again.  I did not say the Bruins will not make a bid on an RFA, I said they CAN NOT put a bid in.  The NHL CBA says explicitly that a team must compensate a team with their OWN draft picks, not someone else's.  The Bruins do not have their 1st and 2nd rounders this year, they have TO's and Min's.  Therefore, by the CBA they can not make an offer sheet.  Please remember TO paying a premium to re-aquire their own 2nd rounder so they could put pressure on Boston to trade them Phil Kessel.  I do not see TO trading Boston's 1st back to them so they in turn make a bad move and make an offer on a RFA.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: July 1st, Savard and Cap Space : We'll see! I think PC puts a bid on him.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]OK, I will try this again.  I did not say the Bruins will not make a bid on an RFA, I said they CAN NOT put a bid in.  The NHL CBA says explicitly that a team must compensate a team with their OWN draft picks, not someone else's.  The Bruins do not have their 1st and 2nd rounders this year, they have TO's and Min's.  Therefore, by the CBA they can not make an offer sheet.  Please remember TO paying a premium to re-aquire their own 2nd rounder so they could put pressure on Boston to trade them Phil Kessel.  I do not see TO trading Boston's 1st back to them so they in turn make a bad move and make an offer on a RFA. In Response to Re: July 1st, Savard and Cap Space :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Not arguing with you.. but isn't it the draft picks from 2012 onward?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: July 1st, Savard and Cap Space : Not arguing with you.. but isn't it the draft picks from 2012 onward?
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    *Bangs head against desk*
    I made the same comments OatsCam did before.  D'oh!  This is right, it would be the 2012 picks that the Bruins have to have.  The conditional 2nd rounder for signing Kaberle is that year though right?  So chances are resigning Kaberle and putting out an offer sheet would be mutually exclusive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Same here...not arguing. Do I think they'll go out and steal away a RFA by giving up 2013, 2014 picks? Not likely. For me, any time there's talk about "they should get this guy", it's more about the sentiment of how to handle their players, salaries and the type of person I'd like to see in return.

For example, my thoughts above are more about letting Ryder and Recchi leave, Savard to retire IMO, take care of business for players already in-house at maybe a home team discount (Kaberle and Marchand), then use leftover cap not for some pie-in-the-sky stud, but for two solid wingers who can really make an impact on Lines 2 and 3. Hence, Cole and Stafford.

Cole is not the guy of old, but he's a genuine leader and did have 26G/26A this season. I think the team could use a Cole/Arnott type of guy on Line 2 if Recchi is to retire. Upgrade.

Stafford is a guy they could get at a reasonable rate who always plays well defensively, nets 20 goals and plays great come playoff time. Great for Line 3. Upgrade. Maybe this should be more of a Laich/Leino guy if you want to stick to UFAs.

So...the names/numbers might be specific, but it was all really more about general approach to the offseason. Since there aren't many UFAs that deserve cash thrown at them, we dipped into the RFA pool for S&G in making a point. No big woop.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Bogie
    In case you think I believe that Stamkos will be signed, I put him in there as an assumption that his right would be acquired from Tampa.

Maybe they could trade Boychuk in a package for Regehr from Calgary? I feel like this team lets too many guys get to the net. Maybe Boychuk and a pick or two would get him? I'm not sure at all, so feel free to offer up suggestions for getting Regehr or someone you'd rather see.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

lol, my bad.  Yes it would be.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: July 1st, Savard and Cap Space : Not arguing with you.. but isn't it the draft picks from 2012 onward?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I do not know why anyone would want to resign Ryder when Curtis Glencross is available and will probably cost less.

here are his stats while playing on a poor Flames team:
    REGULAR SEASON gp79 G24 A19 pts43 +- +6 pim 59

He is a good alround gritty player who sticks up for himself and his team mates.  He is a good Penalty Killer and gives 100% every game. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Glad some1 else pointed it out! I argue enough on here!