juniors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

juniors

Anybody been watching the subway series?

My thinking on Koko, he still looks like raw talent.  Now I'm wondering if he will always look like raw talent and now I'm not so sure about him.

Subban looked good to me, he looks really solid on his skates.  I still think he's going to be a good one, if not a great one.

I think Hamilton is still going to be NHL bound (eventually) and I wonder if a little extra junior time might be doing him harm or good.  Harm in that he might find the adjustment to NHL speed that much harder because he's getting too used to the speed in juniors, or if the extra junior time might be giving him that much more polish.  Don't know.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: juniors

Koko. What does "looking like raw talent" mean ? Undercooked ?

Subban. Looks more athletic then solid.

Hamilton. NHL skills with an occasional brain cramp with his decision making. I think he'll be better off in Boston to get a lesson of how to play a little more consistent from Julien.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hamilton. NHL skills with an occasional brain cramp with his decision making. I think he'll be better off in Boston to get a lesson of how to play a little more consistent from Julien.  

[/QUOTE]

re: Koko, re: "raw", when I see him I think of a bunch of kids and one started skating later than all the others, but has better athletic ability and eventually will get better.  Hard to explain.  When I saw him at camp he was 17 and just turned 18.  He looked good, but also like a project.  And now he still looks the same.

on another note, that Nail Yakupov kid looks pretty good.  Except he needs to get stronger, much stronger.  Good instincts and smart.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Khoko isn't playing much in the K, so his development slowed down.  He really needs to be back in the OHL playing 25 minutes a night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

re: Koko, re: "raw", when I see him I think of a bunch of kids and one started skating later than all the others, but has better athletic ability and eventually will get better.  Hard to explain.  When I saw him at camp he was 17 and just turned 18.  He looked good, but also like a project.  And now he still looks the same.

on another note, that Nail Yakupov kid looks pretty good.  Except he needs to get stronger, much stronger.  Good instincts and smart.

[/QUOTE]

Disagree. 

Faster was my first thought in the 1st Quebec game. Of course I never seen him in camp so I bow to your opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

OHL team with Subban, Seth Griffith, Camara, Hamilton ....  we got the Future goalie and Vezina winner,  future 2nd line RW, future 2nd line LW and the Norris trophy winning D . All these Bruins  playing tonight on the OHL team.

That's not mentioning the Bruin playing on team Russia : )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Too bad Subban didn't play in goal tonight. 

Most exciting player tonight on OHL team was Camara, IMO. The kid is a heat seeking missile. He almost took out Koko with a big center ice hit, he would have sent into the 1st row . I could see him making the Canadian Junior team and playing on a 4th energy line. Reminds me of Jordon Tootoo.

Tom Wilson , Caps draft pick, can lay the body also although Camara seems to have that knack for the net.

Hamilton had a good game, solid tonight on defense and also assisted on game winning goal.

Non Bruins I liked, Basso, Graovac , Catenacci and Wilson mentioned above.

Scheifele is disappointing, sorry red.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too bad Subban didn't play in goal tonight. 

Most exciting player tonight on OHL team was Camara, IMO. The kid is a heat seeking missile. He almost took out Koko with a big center ice hit, he would have sent into the 1st row . I could see him making the Canadian Junior team and playing on a 4th energy line. Reminds me of Jordon Tootoo.

Tom Wilson , Caps draft pick, can lay the body also although Camara seems to have that knack for the net.

Hamilton had a good game, solid tonight on defense and also assisted on game winning goal.

Non Bruins I liked, Basso, Graovac , Catenacci and Wilson mentioned above.

Scheifele is disappointing, sorry red.

Scheifele and Ryan Strome should be playing in the NHL now. By far the 2 best forwards in the OHL. He wasn't great but he wasn't disappointing either. His body of work this year has been fabulous. e.g. he has turned Camara into a 1st line point producer from a 3rd line mucker.

Of course my expectations are lower then yours. I'll also settle for $3 burgers.

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I liked Strome and also in last years WJC , Scheifele on the other hand in the WJC was so so. Yes I have high expectations of the guy .  2 burgers.

I want to see more of Camara's game .  Whom here on BDC didn't like him ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

I liked Strome and also in last years WJC , Scheifele on the other hand in the WJC was so so. Yes I have high expectations of the guy .  2 burgers.

[/QUOTE]

Well if you haven't seen Camara this year that much then I guess you haven't seen Scheifele either..........hint  : they play on the same line. 

Winnipeg has a solid centre down the road with him. His passing skills are pretty good.

Your Scheifele observations ? Worth a half-eaten baby burger.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well if you haven't seen Camara this year that much then I guess you haven't seen Scheifele either..........hint  : they play on the same line. 

Winnipeg has a solid centre down the road with him. His passing skills are pretty good.

Your Scheifele observations ? Worth a half-eaten baby burger.

[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha ... Scheifele I've evaluated at last years WJC (those few NHL games he had were not enough before being sent back to Juniors).  Enough for me ; )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Last nights game between the WHL and the Russian Allstars while at 0-0 was a very entertaining game.  If it were not for Russian goalie Makarov keeping them in this game the WHL would have won easily. This is the same goalie that came in relief last year in the WJC to hold the fort for the Russians against Canada and played the final game in a 0-0 draw till Sweden won in OT. Again if it weren't for him Sweden would have won the gold in regulation easily. Bruin fans might be seeing this kid a lot in years to come with the Sabres. 

The Leafs (yes BadHab) might have something to cheer about for the future, the hype on their draft pick , Morgan Rielly , seems to be real.  Best player on either team , IMO, last night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Last nights game between the WHL and the Russian Allstars while at 0-0 was a very entertaining game.  If it were not for Russian goalie Makarov keeping them in this game the WHL would have won easily. This is the same goalie that came in relief last year in the WJC to hold the fort for the Russians against Canada and played the final game in a 0-0 draw till Sweden won in OT. Again if it weren't for him Sweden would have won the gold in regulation easily. Bruin fans might be seeing this kid a lot in years to come with the Sabres. 

The Leafs (yes BadHab) might have something to cheer about for the future, the hype on their draft pick , Morgan Rielly , seems to be real.  Best player on either team , IMO, last night.

[/QUOTE]

He won't be enough to help them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

0-0 tie ? Heyoo must think that all forwards from both teams are awful because of no goals scored. Two crappy teams !

It's all about production isn't it ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

0-0 tie ? Heyoo must think that all forwards from both teams are awful because of no goals scored. Two crappy teams !

[/QUOTE]

LMAO ... you man never let them forget ! 

I really enjoyed the game.  So as long as I can watch elite junior players I will not be missing the NHL game thus far.

Funny thing is I stayed awake up until the final siren. I MISSED THE SHOOTOUT !  Dozed off and woke up just when it was done.  So much for me likeing shootouts, eh ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You would have apprecaited his smooth and fast skating.  When he's going around guys it looks effortless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You would have apprecaited his smooth and fast skating.  When he's going around guys it looks effortless.

[/QUOTE]

Same goes for Ryan Murray. Ryan Murphy's another.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Very impressed with what I've seen from Curtis Lezar. Yakupov is a beast, reminds me of of a bigger Pavel Bure. that group of Rusians is alot more physical than ones before.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Very impressed with what I've seen from Curtis Lezar. Yakupov is a beast, reminds me of of a bigger Pavel Bure. that group of Rusians is alot more physical than ones before.

[/QUOTE]

I've thought this from day one of seeing him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO ... you man never let them forget ! 

I really enjoyed the game.  So as long as I can watch elite junior players I will not be missing the NHL game thus far.

Funny thing is I stayed awake up until the final siren. I MISSED THE SHOOTOUT !  Dozed off and woke up just when it was done.  So much for me likeing shootouts, eh ?

[/QUOTE]

Some posters hold a special place in my heart. bruins8 is one of them.

Sections
Shortcuts