Just a fact I been a bruins fan for forty years how about you:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Just a fact I been a bruins fan for forty years how about you:

Forty years staying faithful with the Big Bad Bruins, And it finally paid off again.

Just quick memories:
    Bobby Orr Goal, Jonathan fighting Bouchard, The Bruins jumping into a brawl with the NYR fans, Esposito famous speech at the summit series, Cam Neely trade, the Don Cherry coaching era " and of course the 2011 cup run."

This only a few that I came up with for this brief moment; refresh my memories with your fav. Bruins moments.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Just a fact I been a bruins fan for forty years how about you:

In Response to Just a fact I been a bruins fan for forty years how about you::
    [QUOTE]Forty years staying faithful with the Big Bad Bruins, And it finally paid off again. Just quick memories: Bobby Orr Goal, Jonathan fighting Bouchard, The Bruins jumping into a brawl with the NYR fans, Esposito famous speech at the summit series, Cam Neely trade, the Don Cherry coaching era " and of course the 2011 cup run. "  This only a few that I came up with for this brief moment; refresh my memories with your fav. Bruins moments.
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

I was pretty much born wearing black and gold, so 36 years I guess. Though to be honest my first clear hockey memories are of the Jets' AVCO Cup wins in 78 and 79. It was around just after then, the start of the Bourque years, where I start to clearly remember the Bruins games and seasons.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Since I can remember, about 25 years.

Have to thank my dad for brainwashing me at a young age..GO Bruins...BOO habs.
    Remember as a kid watching the games on WSBK on a black box my dad had gotten. Fav player as a kid was Neely. But I wish I could've been around for the days of Bobby Orr.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I've been a Bruins fan since the mid-40s, a little more than 60 years, i probably forget more than I remember,but, Ted Green was always a favorite, and Adam Oates later on plus Espo with the rest of the "Peabody" residents. Jean Ratelle was so smooth, and "Nifty" was something else to see. Jonathon, O'Rielly, and Brad Park when he came over from the Rangers. My memory slips a bit when I try to remember who went to Chicago for Stansfield;  the best hip check guy ever [French/Canadian}, it will probably come to me in a day or two

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Went to visit the grandparents in the Boston area in January of 1973 and have been a diehard fan since.

n Response to Just a fact I been a bruins fan for forty years how about you::
    [QUOTE]Forty years staying faithful with the Big Bad Bruins, And it finally paid off again. Just quick memories: Bobby Orr Goal, Jonathan fighting Bouchard, The Bruins jumping into a brawl with the NYR fans, Esposito famous speech at the summit series, Cam Neely trade, the Don Cherry coaching era " and of course the 2011 cup run. "  This only a few that I came up with for this brief moment; refresh my memories with your fav. Bruins moments.
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Just a fact I been a bruins fan for forty years how about you::
    [QUOTE]I've been a Bruins fan since the mid-40s, a little more than 60 years, i probably forget more than I remember,but, Ted Green was always a favorite, and Adam Oates later on plus Espo with the rest of the "Peabody" residents. Jean Ratelle was so smooth, and "Nifty" was something else to see. Jonathon, O'Rielly, and Brad Park when he came over from the Rangers. My memory slips a bit when I try to remember who went to Chicago for Stansfield;  the best hip check guy ever [French/Canadian}, it will probably come to me in a day or two
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

In May 1967, Pit Martin, alongside Gilles Marotte and Jack Norris, were traded from Boston to Chicago for Phil Esposito, Ken Hodge, and Fred Stanfield

---------
    Were you referring to Gilles Marotte ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Faithful watcher since 1980 tv38 wsbktv Boston and the movie loft. Fred cusick and Johnny Peirson! Peter McNab scores! Norman leveilli! Tom Fergus wrist shot! Mike Krushelynski! Barry perfect 10 Pederson scores44 goals! Tricky ricky Middleton scores 50! Raymond Bourque wheels manuavers shoots and scores! Bourque blocks the shot! Bourque breaks up the play! Bourque Bourque Bourque does it all! Save Pete Peters! Doug Keans with incredible save! Stopped by Lemelin! Neely scores 50 in 50 games! Jeff Courtnall fires a shot! save by Ranford! 7 becomes 77. Peter klima scores in the 4th overtime! Ranford shuts down old mates! Craig Janny and Bobby Joyce contribute. Kluzak beats the hell out of Samuelson! Michael Thelven scoressssssss! Middleton and Goring combine for a short handed goal!

I CAN GO ON AND ON AND ON AND ON!

BRUINS FOREVER!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Since the late 60's

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Im the youngster.

I vaguely remember Neely and Oates. My first real hockey memories are surprisingly of Scott Stevens. Dont know why I just loved the devils at that time.

So for me since I've been really following the B's about 2002 or so. But only intensely since like 2007.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Became a B's fan in 1972......at the ripe age of 9. Followed them ever since. Many great memories......and hearbreaks, but hey, that's what being a fan is all about. Nice to see them flying high again....where they belong!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: Just a fact I been a bruins fan for forty years how about you::
    [QUOTE]Since the late 60's
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Moi aussi (my nod to the Habitude), which makes it 40+ for me as well. Remember the lead in music they used to play back then on telecasts? Loved it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from terribleturk. Show terribleturk's posts

1965- B's 11 Leafs 0. I remember the picture of the scoreboard in the Toronto Globe and Mail. My Grandfather brainwashed me. His favorite was Leo Boivon, my first favorite was the Turk, then O'Reilly, Neely, and now, geez, this whole squad is just a pleasure to watch. Great time for die hard Bruins Fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

started following the B'S in '68-'69....

still haven't gotten over the 7-5 defeat against the habnots in the second game of the '70-'71 quarter-finals after the B'S had led 5-1....

that B'S team was a powerhouse that should've won the cup that season with ease....

best memory, aside from many provided by MR. ORR, was last year's Stanley Cup run....  never saw that coming....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Been a fan since I was barely old enough to even talk ( have the home videos parents recorded to proove it) First memories I have was the 87-88 seasn when we went to the finals. Beating the habs was huge but I still didn't grasp just how big it was to my father at the time and I never saw him act so pumped then after that series win. My father " This doesn't happen often enjoy it". Then I think he put on some bruce springstien and the air guitar was flying lol.

Although last season was the first time I saw them win the cup they have given me many great memories in my life. At the same time as any of you know who have cheered for this team for the last 20 plus years at times they have also ripped my and your heart to shreads many times.

Most my best memories if I had to pick them would be kinda wierd random stuff like Anson Carters goal in double overtime to beat the cains in game 5 of the 1999 first round series. Glen Murrays double ot game winner in game 4 of the 2004 first round vs the habs. Any game 7 win is always a great memory as well but my favorite one ever was the eastern conference final last season since I was there. All the times they broke my heart it made it all worth it to see them win the confence at home in person then of course to go on and win the cup. One thing I miss about being young is when I was those ages back in 1988 and 1990 vs the loaded oilers I really thought the bruins were going to win. Same thing in 91 and 92 I thought we would beat pittsburgh. Looking back now as an adult there is no way in heck the bruins talent wise should have beaten either of those teams.

Cam Neely my all time fav player and bruin truly sad his body wouldn't let him have more of a career.

Really miss the old garden and the days of the adams divison and the playoffs from those days made for great intense series were teams usualy really did hate eachother and it showed on the ice. Althought I love Jack and Brick now they will never be better in my eyes compaired to Fred (r.i.p) and Derek.

Also will add I see many people now getting bruins stanley cup champion tatoos now and good for you but I have had a bruins tato since I was 18 years old I am 29 now the year I got that tatoo the bruins didn't even make the playoffs. Just throwing that out there always black and gold even in years this team has sucked Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

Hey Lucic, where did this quote come from...I think its pretty cool.

I have been a Bruins fan for about 30 years and there are too many great memories to list. The Stanley Cup run last season was awesome and my favorite team winning the cup after all those years was something I'll never forget.  I guess my all time emotional moment was when Bourque took off the #7 Jersey and had the #77 underneath....pure class!! 

My favorite players, Neely, Bourque, O'rielly and of course Bobby Orr.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Moved back to NH (born there) in 1968.  Orr was the spark. While in Rochester, NY growing up I did see Cheevers as an Amerik.  Only one clear memory, Neely slap shot against the Canadiens.  Normand Leveille would level players bigger than him with his shoulder checks.  What he could have been!  So many other memories including the Soviet Canada series with Espo.  Bourque is an all time favorite!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]06c260d531bb795de5a6d3d2004d3aa1 It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." Hey Lucic, where did this quote come from...I think its pretty cool. I have been a Bruins fan for about 30 years and there are too many great memories to list. The Stanley Cup run last season was awesome and my favorite team winning the cup after all those years was something I'll never forget.  I guess my all time emotional moment was when Bourque took off the #7 Jersey and had the #77 underneath....pure class!!  My favorite players, Neely, Bourque, O'rielly and of course Bobby Orr.
    Posted by scottm50[/QUOTE]

The quote is from Theodore Roosevelt. Little bit of an eye sore for people at the end of all my posts but thought it was a great quote for long time bruins fans and after we won game 7 we truly did know what it was like to be on the side of victory before then if your in my age bracket you knew nothing but eventual defeat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

36 years for me. Inherited it from my father who got it from his father etc. Born in Mass, it is an institution where I come from.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Been a fan for neaarly 40 yrs. So many great memories. Stan pummeling Pierre, Park scoring to beat the Sabres, Neely beating down Mike Mcphee. Remember waking up on a Sun morning and finding out my newest favorite player's career was over, Norman Leveille. It's a shame young fans today did'nt get a chance to see him play he was pure energy. In my time watching this team its never been as good as it is right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Thanks Lucic, I would never have guessed Roosevelt!!  Wow....ya really do learn something every day!!  I thought it might have been from a movie or something, it truly is a great quote, I like that sort of stuff.  Keep 'em coming...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I don't remember the year, but Tiny Thompson was in goal, and Eddie Shore and a guy named Portland (and he was "porty") were the No 1 defence combo. I think the first 2 rows of the 2nd balcony were "reserved", and we were allowed in (back door fie escape) about 4. Maybe earlier!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

13 years for me. I'm a former Montreal Canadiens fan (because my father is a habs fan) but one day, my brain start to work and since that day i'm one of the biggest Bruins fan in Quebec city. I have my mini garden at home (a room decorated with many Bruins articles where i watch every Bruins games) and my car is full of Bruins stickers. I now bleed balck and gold forever !

My better memories live in Boston :

When Bruins win game 6 against Montreal in 2008 first round, I was at the garden with my girlfriend and I will always remember Marco Sturm's goal late in the 3rd. Bruins win 5-4. Since that day, my girlfriend is a diehard Bruins fan too.

Last year, I was at the Garden for the game 4 against Flyers also with my girlfriend.....What a night !

My better memories overall :

Of course : The Stanley Cup 2011 ! ! ! ! !

Finally, I can promises to you that we have many many Bruins fans in Quebec and many peoples hates Montreal Canadiens. I'm so proud to be a Bruins fan in a Habs territory !  : )

Boston people....you are very lucky to live in this great city !

Sorry for my english mistakes....I try to become better everyday !

Go Bruins !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

first memory of bruins was asking to get Goal Bruins for my birthday.and just after that seeing them at Hatherly country club is scituate after winning the 70 Cup. 41 years  and counting. Go Bruins! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

Bogie 6...Best hip check Leo Boivin.Been a fan since 52.Best years are now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I've been a fan since the 70's.  The Jonathan vs Bouchard fight was my first game.  I got Bouchard's sigy after the game and a Derek Sanderson photo T-shirt.  Sanderson was my dads favorite player.