Just an Observation, not whining.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

Just an Observation, not whining.

During the last month the bruins have had the wrong end of every call.  Goals taken off the board, always the questionable penalty calls.  If the other team get a call the Bruins have gotten the extra two minutes, anyone???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: Just an Observation, not whining.

Just think, B's got three penalties for Lucic running Miller.  One was the 5 minute major he got, the second was a bogus game misconduct on lucic week after and the third was their goal disallowed on the phantom interference on Miller tonight.  This is why the NHL will always be bush.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

In Response to Re: Just an Observation, not whining.:
    [QUOTE]Just think, B's got three penalties for Lucic running Miller.  One was the 5 minute major he got, the second was a bogus game misconduct on lucic week after and the third was their goal disallowed on the phantom interference on Miller tonight.  This is why the NHL will always be bush.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Even with that goal, its 4-1 and they still would be stinking the place up. They play bad in this type of game about 75% of the time, they dont need ot beat Buffalo and there is really nothing to prove to them.. so as ive asked in the past. What does this coaching staff do to get these players ready for this type of game? I'm not seeing it, whatever "it" is and havent for 3 years. This team needs a trade and soon, just to shake things up and hopefuly wake them up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Here's my wild little controversial observation. You ain't going to win games if you don't score any goals no matter how many refs you blame.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

A tying goal midway in the 1st period probably changes the complexion of the game.

B's were the best team at that point and were down a goal from a fluke-ish ill-advised tip by Campbell. A goal there would have done wonders for momentum.

What does irk me is that the non-goal contributed to Mrs. Miller's shutout.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

Thread had nothing to do with the terrible display they showed this evening, even though 1-1 is way different than 2-0.  2-0 gives a team like Buffalo the mentality that they are in control.  During tonights game alone there were instances that if the sweaters were reversed calls would have been made.  Snow to the face of Thomas, would have been a 2 and 10 minute misconduct if it was a Bruin.  The trip on Marchand 2 on 1 in front of Miller.  If you were watching closely the ref was talked out of an extra penalty for Thornton for the second fight because he came from the bench.  It was a change after the whistle, the fight came after he had come on the ice for the faceoff.  I know they were terrible tonight but this trend has been on going.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Figuring out a way to buck adversity and win at all odds -- good practice for the playoffs especially if they happen to meet up with the Scabs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Those awful refs are always the difference-maker in those 6-0 close-knit contests.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I hate doing this...but...you're right.  Ever since the Vancouver game, it has seemed that way.  Suspensions, Horton out with a concussion, the infamous 6-on-1 leading to a 5-3 PP, the goal tonight...its uncanny.

But let me say this, I don't believe in a conspiracy or organized thing of any kind.  I think this is the backlash of winning the Cup, playing rough hockey, getting away with a few borderline calls earlier in the year, and having players that aren't well liked -- Chara, Lucic, Marchand.  The combination has caused every borderline call to become a reputation call recently.  I think the feeling is 'the buck stops here' with the Bruins and they can't get away with anything else.

The goalie interference call tonight was horrible.  Atrocious.  Let's hope that was the end of it, and limit our complaining, act like a winner, and hope that the pendulum swings back the other way.

We don't lobby...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

For those of you who had something constructive thanks, those who did not well ahh whatever no biggie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Once again, we clear up the difference between "observation" and "whining". An observation is when you point out how your team isn't getting the benefit of the doubt from officials. Whining, of course, is when fans of other teams do the exact same thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't complain about refs, but it does feel like calls aren't going the Bruins way this season.  That said, the Bruins have had the 18th most pp opportunities and the 16th most short handed times.  Right in the middle of the pack on both counts.  So perception probably isn't reality.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It does seem odd but I'm going in a different direction.
    Ever since the Lucic non-suspension on Miller the tide has changed.  2/3 of the GMs complained, some GMs and coaches continue to lobby against the Bruins etc...
    Then came the questionable and hard suspensions to Lucic and Marchand , not to mention bogus calls on the ice (i.e. Lucic game misconduct against Vancouver).
    The Bruins are not as aggressive in their play,  how many times did we see them turn away from finishing a check ?  Is it being lazy ? or are the suspensions on the back of their minds ? I certainly hope it's not the latter but it does seem their game hasn't been the same.
    What happened last night (other nights also but was not convinced) is when a bad call goes against them they give up. It's as if they feel like it's no use fighting the league (officials, Shannahan) .  They get all frustrated , run around and take penalties.
    I certainly hope they can role up their sleeves and fight through this in the regular season otherwise the next couple of months will get frustrating.
    Can the playoffs start next week ?
    My morning rant.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Was at the game last night 18 rows behind Miller on that waived off goal.  It was a bad call in live action and looked absolutely brutal on replay.

The bigger observation I made last night was how shaky Rask looked.  First goal was terrible.  Floater from the point with little traffic in front.  You would like him to be able to track that one.  On the 2nd goal, 3 Bruins had a chance to intercept the pass but failed to.  Will give him a pass on that one.  3rd goal had the spirit of Jon Casey written all over it.  If the first two goals didn't break the team spirit, that 3rd one sure did.  

His rebound control was really bad as well.  Hopefully just a bad night all around.

btw:  I am ready to see Pouliot with a suit on and another option brought in. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Was at the game last night 18 rows behind Miller on that waived off goal.  It was a bad call in live action and looked absolutely brutal on replay. The bigger observation I made last night was how shaky Rask looked.  First goal was terrible.  Floater from the point with little traffic in front.  You would like him to be able to track that one.  On the 2nd goal, 3 Bruins had a chance to intercept the pass but failed to.  Will give him a pass on that one.  3rd goal had the spirit of Jon Casey written all over it.  If the first two goals didn't break the team spirit, that 3rd one sure did.   His rebound control was really bad as well.  Hopefully just a bad night all around. btw:  I am ready to see Pouliot with a suit on and another option brought in. 
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

I thought Rask looked bad last night, no question, but you're wrong about the first goal.  On the replay you see that Campbell tried to bat the puck away, but he just nicked it with his stick causing it to change direction just before it came on goal.  I can see how you would not see that live at the game, but really, Rask had no chance on that one.  The commentators pointed it out too and actually gave Rask credit for not making a big deal about by throwing Campbell under the bus.  He just looked down and moved on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Once again, we clear up the difference between "observation" and "whining". An observation is when you point out how your team isn't getting the benefit of the doubt from officials. Whining, of course, is when fans of other teams do the exact same thing.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

As a fan of another team, have you noticed a backlash of sorts against the Bruins since the Miller incident and the GM meetings?  I am curious, because although I balk at any intended bias or conspiracies, I do think the league and the refs were at a point where they were pressured not to let the Bruins get away with anything further.  The Marchand suspension was an overreaction to try to reign them in, I think.  Perhaps the reputation is deserved, but the B's have been paying for it recently.  If you watch the games of the past two months I would be surprised if you didn't agree, even as a Montreal fan.  I think things will even out, for the record, but for the past two months the B's have have endured more than their share of really tough calls.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

Its very clear the Bruins are under a magnifying glass held by the league. The goal that was waved off was a perfectly good goal. Honestly people lose their jobs for not doing their duties, why should refs get a pass for not doing their job. Refs that don't do their job should get fired or suspended without pay. I cannot wait until androids take over referee jobs in the future and I hope its across all sports. Human emotion and error blow so many calls in every sport. A machine would be impartial and call the game according to the rules.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And there are fans of 29 other teams who think their teams aren't getting the calls either.

That said, I still find Fraser's analysis of that Sens game interesting. The Sens fans are upset about missed calls against the Bruins, but the analysis showed 5 missed calls against the Sens, and one missed against the Bruins. That's just a one game sample, but in that one game at least it looks like the calls certainly did not go Boston's way.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

null...youve been voided..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]Those awful refs are always the difference-maker in those 6-0 close-knit contests.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Right...

I haven't agreed much with the refs but I have a very biased view. Not to sound cliche but it all starts and ends with the bruins willingness to play hard and determined for a full 60. This is year there record over the entire season to me is a bit better than I thought it would be. Most nights teams are sky high o play the defending cup champs. The refs have been horrid but I am not blaming them for this stretch.

Sections
Shortcuts