Just cancel the whole season.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Just cancel the whole season.

I havent really missed hockey and dont believe I would even really watch hockey if the season was to resume. I have always been for making the seasons shorter by 5-10 games, but not 30. Take the rest of the season off, get everything settled for the long term and come back next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Just cancel the whole season.

Agree ! Either play or don't. Prolonging the lawyer talk is just downright annoying.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Conventional "wisdom" would suggest this latest deadline is the final iteration before a full cancelation.  This bad soap opera should come to a conclusion soon, with either an abbreviated season of full season cancelation. 

I'm hoping for the former, but not confident that it gets done. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I wonder if they cancel the season, will the talks break down entirely and they won't care again until October November of 2013?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I wonder if they cancel the season, will the talks break down entirely and they won't care again until October November of 2013?

If they do, there certainly won't be any rush to keep talking. Maybe using replacement players will be bandied about, but getting a new cba in place will not be that urgent.If it isn't urgent now, it never will be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

22 players - that's how many voted against the disclaimer of interest. It's also the amount needed for a game day lineup. If we ever get hockey back, sign those 22 to the B's and let everyone else enjoy the unemployment line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

If they do, there certainly won't be any rush to keep talking. Maybe using replacement players will be bandied about, but getting a new cba in place will not be that urgent.If it isn't urgent now, it never will be.

How can you have as replacement players in a lockout?  In a strike, yes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If the union dissolves, they could hire anyone they wanted to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

PULL THE TRIGGER ALREADY, on the cancelling of the season. This on going fiasco is like a soap opera. You can miss 3 weeks worth of episodes and still pick up know whats going on when you come back. Thats what my wife tells me. LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

PULL THE TRIGGER ALREADY, on the cancelling of the season. This on going fiasco is like a soap opera. You can miss 3 weeks worth of episodes and still pick up know whats going on when you come back. Thats what my wife tells me. LOL

Your wife is wise. :)

I was hoping something would get done long since and now it's a total joke and I wish they'd just put a bullet in the season and put us fans out of our misery!!!

I went from really wanting a season to not caring one way or another to now just wishing this nonsense ends asap.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think I may have finally crossed the line where I am no longer rooting for a season this year.

A 40-something game season is gimmicky to begin with, and I have resolved to get by without NHL hockey this winter/spring.  The WJC has been great and I'm watching tons of college hockey.  Without the NHL I am actually traveling to see college games in new rinks (Air Force in a few weeks).  It has been a silver lining.  I'm perfectly happy to let the NHL twist in the wind of their own created mess, and I'll welcome it back next September.

I hope they cancel the season.  I'm headed to the Denver-Cornell game on Saturday night and looking forward to getting a good look at Brian Ferlin.  All is well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

I havent really missed hockey and dont believe I would even really watch hockey if the season was to resume. I have always been for making the seasons shorter by 5-10 games, but not 30. Take the rest of the season off, get everything settled for the long term and come back next year.

If u havent missed it then why post this??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

XDRIVE: Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I still come on to see what others have to say and see what else is going on. Hockey is in my blood, but I have been keeping busy with other stuff, that I dont really miss the NHL. Its actually been a nice breather, due to the fact that I would consume myself in it and every game. I know I have posted about not missing it, which seems contradictory, but its the truth. And from my post it seems there are a few others who have just had enough and could care less this season. I just feel like its a prolonged summer and the season is around the corner. That corner being Sept 2013. LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i do miss NHL hockey. Granted I've watched more World juniors than usual, but still miss the regularity of NHL. I know I've panned Fehr before, but, he's done nothing to change my mind. He's cost the players significant pay loss which is his primary responsibility. Current discussions could have been presented in September since none of the issues were unknown at that time. Slamming Bettman is not reality, since he is just the owner's spokesman. Certainly the players have the performance skills, but, the owners have the cash box. Mark Recchi said it all in early October.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I miss watching the NHL.  But I have watched a lot of hockey.  And that hockey is for fun, not greed.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Conventional "wisdom" 

I feel so bad for the federal mediator when think of that term. Such a shame!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I miss watching the NHL.  But I have watched a lot of hockey.  And that hockey is for fun, not greed.  

Now we can catch the Juniors and maybe streams of some AHL games.

The players made it a point not to back down, compiled with the owners not putting their foot down players know thay can negotiate till the last day of any deadline , add disclaiming which the players will do this time around,  they'll do anything just to show everyone they will not be losers in this CBA negotiating not thinking what it'll do the NHL ..... just a disaster waiting to happen. 

Yup that's the worst case scenario.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

The players made it a point not to back down, compiled with the owners not putting their foot down players know thay can negotiate till the last day of any deadline , add disclaiming which the players will do this time around,  they'll do anything just to show everyone they will not be losers in this CBA negotiating not thinking what it'll do the NHL ..... just a disaster waiting to happen. 

After a billion dollars dollars in combined salary lost it will be hard for the players to show that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

After a billion dollars dollars in combined salary lost it will be hard for the players to show that.

They're not smart enough to see what the consequences are or Fehr doesn't want them to know  , it's more like we'll show them over counting the money they lost, will lose.   See they're not accountants , they're hockey players. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL.... this will never end !!!!  check both tweets.

Aaron Ward @aaronward_nhl

Told NHLPA has moved on the salary cap to 64.3 which happens to be the upper limit from last year. #TSN

and

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun

Told the NHL has moved to $62.5 M on Year 2 cap, up from $60 M....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

LOL.... this will never end !!!!  check both tweets.

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

Told NHLPA has moved on the salary cap to 64.3 which happens to be the upper limit from last year. #TSN

and

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Told the NHL has moved to $62.5 M on Year 2 cap, up from $60 M....

Nice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

They're not smart enough to see what the consequences are or Fehr doesn't want them to know  , it's more like we'll show them over counting the money they lost, will lose.   See they're not accountants , they're hockey players. 

Legion, I'm surprised at how often the fans fail to notice that one of the stumbling blocks all along is the players fighting for a better pension plan. Isn't that an issue that will affect all of the union members for a long time, regardless of whether they're a star or a fringe player? I just don't think the players are as short-sighted as we fans are frustrated. Cheers!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Legion, I'm surprised at how often the fans fail to notice that one of the stumbling blocks all along is the players fighting for a better pension plan. Isn't that an issue that will affect all of the union members for a long time, regardless of whether they're a star or a fringe player? I just don't think the players are as short-sighted as we fans are frustrated. Cheers!

and when I wrote this I was think of you LOL... really !  I recall a debate you were having and no I will not re-hash it.

On another note where were you when we were discussing the WJC loss to the U.S. and Dougie Hamilton?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

and when I wrote this I was think of you LOL... really !  I recall a debate you were having and no I will not re-hash it.

On another note where were you when we were discussing the WJC loss to the U.S. and Dougie Hamilton?

I honestly didn't watch the game. I was at work and mentioned the game to my buddy and he said, "oh, they already lost 5-1". I felt no impulse to watch after hearing that. The wacky game times didn't make things easy. I only saw 3 games the whole tourney. Mostly highlights for me.

Sections
Shortcuts