Just drop it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Just drop it

When the game is back on, by the time the new CBA expires they will have record revenue...Everybody and then some will come back and spend more money than they did in previous years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When the game is back on, by the time the new CBA expires they will have record revenue...Everybody and then some will come back and spend more money than they did in previous years.

[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm saying, Kel.  The next time this fiasco comes around, I think they money that the owners are fighting to keep is going to greatly outweigh this lost season and the X% that staggers back (or doesn't come back at all). 

As for the fans that are new that aren't coming back, whatever.  There will be new fans created.  People are being sooooo dramatic.  In the end, it doesn't matter to any of us at all.  In fact, the less popular it is, the better off we are as ticket prices will fall.  $68 for last row balcony in Boston?  GFY.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I recall being at one game, a "good" visiting team like the Habs or Leafs before the draft pick or something like that and recall the person behind me telling the people he was with that Campbell was "somehow related to Colin.  I think he's a nephew or something."  That's the one that stick out in my mind, but pretty near every game I hear something from a seat around me that shows that a person is utterly ignorant of hockey.  It's about 1 out of 3 times I hear someone who sounds like they know what they're talking about.  This says to me that a fair percentage of the crowd are just casual fans and maybe even some double digit percentage knows nothing about hockey.

That's just my casual observation, but I can tell you that I've been to an NHL game in Tampa and the only ones who knew what was going on were the Habs fans who were there. (What can I say, it was the only game while I was there).  So I think this casual observation has some validity.

So it seems to me that the NHL in the US is dependant upon casual fans much more than let's say baseball, and I've never heard anyone as ignorant of baseball at a Sox game, as opposed to someone ignorant of hockey at EVERY Bruins game.

We'll see what the gate is upon their return.  If you think you can accurately predict the future, then you should be a millionare.

True, the rinks won't be empty, but we won't know exactly what happens until it happens.  If their revenue is even just a little lower I think that's significant, but I wouldn't expect a wild variation either way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I recall being at one game, a "good" visiting team like the Habs or Leafs before the draft pick or something like that and recall the person behind me telling the people he was with that Campbell was "somehow related to Colin.  I think he's a nephew or something."  That's the one that stick out in my mind, but pretty near every game I hear something from a seat around me that shows that a person is utterly ignorant of hockey.  It's about 1 out of 3 times I hear someone who sounds like they know what they're talking about.  This says to me that a fair percentage of the crowd are just casual fans and maybe even some double digit percentage knows nothing about hockey.

That's just my casual observation, but I can tell you that I've been to an NHL game in Tampa and the only ones who knew what was going on were the Habs fans who were there. (What can I say, it was the only game while I was there).  So I think this casual observation has some validity.

So it seems to me that the NHL in the US is dependant upon casual fans much more than let's say baseball, and I've never heard anyone as ignorant of baseball at a Sox game, as opposed to someone ignorant of hockey at EVERY Bruins game.

We'll see what the gate is upon their return.  If you think you can accurately predict the future, then you should be a millionare.

True, the rinks won't be empty, but we won't know exactly what happens until it happens.  If their revenue is even just a little lower I think that's significant, but I wouldn't expect a wild variation either way.

[/QUOTE]

Good points.  Seems to be 2 camps.  Those that are "certain" about the NHL's future, and those that feel multiple scenarios could play out.

With all of the uncertainty in todays business world...in virtually every imaginable sector,... I have a hard time seeing why the NHL is insulated from those same possibilities.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I give credit to that person for know who Colin Campbell is.  I also give credit to the people in Tampa who are out at a game.  I have been in Florida many times to visit friends and family.  99% of the people that I come in contact with down there couldn't name two starting NHL goalies...or five NHL teams.  I've been to many Lightning and Panthers games.  Their fans are well aware of what's going on.  Maybe they cannot predict the career path of a nine year old from a :30 youtube clip, but they are real fans. 

You've never heard ignorant things at a Sox game?  You are either deaf, or you're just as ignorant as those around you and don't recognize it.  The people at Sox games these days are 50% pink hats.    Here you go, BHab:  http://bit.ly/12qMc1T

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[/QUOTE]

I give credit to that person for know who Colin Campbell is.  I also give credit to the people in Tampa who are out at a game.  I have been in Florida many times to visit friends and family.  99% of the people that I come in contact with down there couldn't name two starting NHL goalies...or five NHL teams.  I've been to many Lightning and Panthers games.  Their fans are well aware of what's going on.  Maybe they cannot predict the career path of a nine year old from a :30 youtube clip, but they are real fans. 

You've never heard ignorant things at a Sox game?  You are either deaf, or you're just as ignorant as those around you and don't recognize it.  The people at Sox games these days are 50% pink hats.    Here you go, BHab:  http://bit.ly/12qMc1T

[/QUOTE]

Sweet Caroline oh oh oh

I also have been to many games at Sunrise and the Panther fans I met amazed me on how much they can talk hockey.

Hockey in the south is for exposure .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think it's fair to say that there's probably a lot of fans in the FLA state that know more about the game then some of the wingnuts that go to the Saddledome in Calgary. It's amazing how disgustingly stupid some fans can be that claim to be "die hard, knowledgable hockey fans". I know I've put these morons to the test on 3 different occasions at Flames games (2 vs the B's) where these so called knowledgable's would be beaking behind me talking about the opposing team.

I'd turn around & ask them if they knew the last time the Flames were in finals. 2 of them said in stereo "2005"! I just smirked & said "I figured as much!" then turned around and watched the game. In the mean time these 2 morons are high fiving each other & screaming "IN YOUR FACE BIATCH!" in my ear. When I turned around & said. "Before you start talking smack. Maybe you should learn the smack first!" So, I never told them the error of their ways. The women 3 seats beside me turned around & said "Excuse me; but I don't appreciate you spitting on me while you scream in his ear about an answer you don't have a freakin clue about!" They of course started saying they were right to which someone behind them told them the proper answer. Which left them googling on their phone for the remainder of the period & silent for the 3rd when they got the answer.

Sections
Shortcuts