Just how good is Rask?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Just how good is Rask?

Calling out to goalies out there, Sox, Nite and Kelvana,  what's with the glove hand on the butterfly goalies ?  Even Price gets burned high glove side .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Post season performance will provide the answer

I agree with this post. Attribute things to youth or to the Krecji injury, however you want to slice it Tuuka was part of an epic collapse, including a 3-0 lead after 1 period in a game 7. To be staked to that kind of lead as a goalie and let it slip brings question to his postseason demeanor. However, we are now talking about a more experienced goalie who has overcome an injury and now has a chance to show people he's a true No. 1 (although he proved that a few years ago in reg. season). Bottom line, there are reasons why Tuuka has turned into a reliable goalie or solid goalie at least in reg. season. He limits rebounds, and what he lacks in the Tim Thomas acrobat style, he makes up for in his solid standup, square up style. He has great size and if he has a weakness it's on high shots, but shooting for the roof of the net is extremely hard to do, and you are not going to be beat that way too often anyway. I'm very pleased with Tuuka's start this season and I'm confident he has the ability to be the goalie of a Cup team. With that said, it's one thing to say it, and another thing to do it. Stay tuned.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Calling out to goalies out there, Sox, Nite and Kelvana,  what's with the glove hand on the butterfly goalies ?  Even Price gets burned high glove side .

Personally it's one of the things that I hate about the butterfly style, compared to hybrid, or reflex style. However, overall Butterfly is the most effective in most cases. My opinion may differ from Kels & Soxfan, but I think with butterfly the instictive reaction is to drop first to the knees & stay big. Which that fraction of a second is taken away from being able to react to high glove. This is where Hybrid is better, because you wait until the puck is released & you have a good idea where the puck is coming. And most any goalie will tell you...nothing is sweeter than making a glove save & putting some mustard on that hotdog!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Good enough to stop pucks and help the Bruins get off to 3-0-0-1 start.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Personally it's one of the things that I hate about the butterfly style, compared to hybrid, or reflex style. However, overall Butterfly is the most effective in most cases. My opinion may differ from Kels & Soxfan, but I think with butterfly the instictive reaction is to drop first to the knees & stay big. Which that fraction of a second is taken away from being able to react to high glove. This is where Hybrid is better, because you wait until the puck is released & you have a good idea where the puck is coming. And most any goalie will tell you...nothing is sweeter than making a glove save & putting some mustard on that hotdog!! 

great explanation .  I guess that is why I find at times Rask and Price's glove hand is tad delayed.