Just not good enough...............again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Just not good enough...............again

Competitive and mostly fun to watch.
    Cup winner?  Not a chance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Re: Just not good enough...............again

I agree, this was an entertaining game to watch, the tempo was up, both teams were skating, but once again the Bruins are just not good enough to compete with the best. Not far away, maybee a player or two. Trade some of these picks and get someone to help now, the future is now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

In Response to Just not good enough...............again:
    [QUOTE]Competitive and mostly fun to watch. Cup winner?  Not a chance.
    Posted by NegativeTrollsAbound[/QUOTE]

Great Headline, "just not good enough".   The team currently constructed has a snowballs chance in Hades of winning the cup...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

The Wings showed why they are a cup contender. But remember the Bruins play in the East. With the Pens in deep trouble without Malkin and Sid, we just need to make the playoffs and only the Flyers should be the threat.

The West teams will beat each other up to make the cup finals and with luck (perhaps a lot of it) the B's may be right there. PC will improve the team and the playoff run should be interesting.

Go B's       

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

Good 1st period, then showed that team speed and skill kills. Need a couple of pieces and an Elite coach if the B's want to play with the big boys.  They won't get far in the palyoffs without them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I think we are a hard nosed goal scorer and a #2 d-man away (just like most on this forum). But I will say this. The East and West are two completely different conferences. The winner that will come out of the West is going to be the team that controls the puck the best (Detroit, Vancouver etc...). The team that comes out of the East will be the team that is the most physical (Philly, Boston etc...) That's how I see the two conferences anyways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

In Response to Just not good enough...............again:
    [QUOTE] Competitive and mostly fun to watch. Cup winner?  Not a chance.
    Posted by NegativeTrollsAbound[/QUOTE]

Just the way Jacobs likes it. Keep the fans hungry and spending, dangling that carrot ever so close that you won't give up on it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

I have to agree, and I think all of the above are obvious. The Bruins need another shut down D(Phillips) and some more speed on the wing. Yesterday was an up tempo game and Seguin and Marchand were the only Bruins that were fast enough to keep up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Not hard to expect threads like this to be filled with relatively new posters who like to come on and say "I told you they were no good.You should've listened to my 10 other posts".The Dom is the only regular to contribute to the thread with something constructive.Perhaps I'd pay more attention if these same posters contributed during win-streaks.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

In Response to Re: Just not good enough...............again:
    [QUOTE]Not hard to expect threads like this to be filled with relatively new posters who like to come on and say "I told you they were no good.You should've listened to my 10 other posts".The Dom is the only regular to contribute to the thread with something constructive.Perhaps I'd pay more attention if these same posters contributed during win-streaks.......
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Not all of us have the time to post over 3k times...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mangler. Show Mangler's posts

As far as trades go, they don't want Phillips. First of all he is having a terrible season and secondly he is not a puck-moving defenseman. He's just another Mark Stuart. The other thing to me is they need more jam up front but someone who can score when they have the opportunity. One guy that has to go is Wheeler. He is so soft, never wins any battles, tries to go end to end all the time, chip it off the boards into the corner and then gets out muscled and loses the puck. Give Caron the minutes and sit this dud.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I agree, the Red Wings just aren't good enough.  That embarassing loss to Nashville is evidence, they just don't have what it takes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The OP is correct, though.  They don't get consistent scoring from the wing position.

Also, their transition game needs an upgrade.

1. Winger who can skate/pass and score and help on PP.
    2. Offensive minded defenseman.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just not good enough...............again : Not all of us have the time to post over 3k times...
    Posted by Jake1977[/QUOTE]
    Seems many can make time after losses.It seems your timing is suspect.....that's all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just not good enough...............again : Seems many can make time after losses.It seems your timing is suspect.....that's all.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez, fair enough...I don't post very often, I mainly just come to boards to read educated opinions on certain topics, plus some of the comments are amusing.  I respect your hockey knowledge, along with quite a few other posters.  I am not a fair weather bruins fan by any means. I watch every game, rarely miss any (ask my wife, our schedule sometimes is set by when the Bruins play), and desperately want the Bruins to win a cup.  That being said, I don't think this team currently constructed can win the cup.  This team has a tough time dealing with an aggressive forecheck and team speed.  IMO they need another defenseman who can lead the breakout and make that all important first pass, and they need another consistent scorer.   This team scores in bunches, but lacks consistency.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just not good enough...............again : Dez, fair enough...I don't post very often, I mainly just come to boards to read educated opinions on certain topics, plus some of the comments are amusing.  I respect your hockey knowledge, along with quite a few other posters.  I am not a fair weather bruins fan by any means. I watch every game, rarely miss any (ask my wife, our schedule sometimes is set by when the Bruins play), and desperately want the Bruins to win a cup.  That being said, I don't think this team currently constructed can win the cup.  This team has a tough time dealing with an aggressive forecheck and team speed.  IMO they need another defenseman who can lead the breakout and make that all important first pass, and they need another consistent scorer.   This team scores in bunches, but lacks consistency.     
    Posted by Jake1977[/QUOTE]
    Fair enough and I'll admit that you've brought up all good points.Sounds like you schedule things in the same manner in which I usually do.Hopefully PC can do something that will give us all a little more hope for the post-season.Cheers.