Just one more fight away?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Just one more fight away?

We all saw the game Wednesday night and the majority loved it with the exception of some tree huggers.  Those fans don't understand what happened but we'll get to that later.
    Last night was a debacle in Long Island. I was watching both games at the same time (on tv and streaming) , I stopped watching the Bruins after the 2nd and tuned only on Isles-Pens. 
    The commentators didn't know what to say anymore ,  it's due to cheapshots in previous games, revenge, instigator rule, Collin Campbell has to put his foot down, Wednesday night Bruins-Habs etc...  you see where this is going ?
    There's so many whining ever since Wednesday night that we'll see the league crack down.  Once again they will not get it right.
    I'm sure Goddard will get 10 games and that deserving so for jumping off the bench to join the fighting.  It was funny because with 3mins left in the game besides the 5 players on the ice the Pens had only 2 on the bench left and the Islanders 5.  Now that's game mis-conducts ! 
    Oh yes my subject (couldn't help rambling) One more fight and the Pens would have have no more players to put on the ice.

Will the NHL come up with yet another rule to remove fighting ?
    Seems like there's a lot of fighting due to "Revenge" from previous games going on. Maybe all the cheapshots the league allows due to "there's no rule against that" (i.e. Cooke on Savard)  is catching upto them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Just one more fight away?

I gained a lot of respect for Godard. Why would Haley fight the goalie? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It appears to be more fighting due to anger and revenge than just two cement heads fighting because they don't know what else to do.

I love it.

Up with real fights!  Down with Skating Clowns!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Just one more fight away?:
    I gained a lot of respect for Godard. Why would Haley fight the goalie? 
    Posted by callodthedom19

You know it's because he knocked out Dipietro.The Isles weren't going to send ANOTHER goalie down to face him.They don't have enough of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Just one more fight away? : You know it's because he knocked out Dipietro.The Isles weren't going to send ANOTHER goalie down to face him.They don't have enough of them.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Oh I do know and I think he could of handled Haley I'm just saying I liked seeing Godard jump the boards to protect his goalie without even thinking.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It appears to be more fighting due to anger and revenge than just two cement heads fighting because they don't know what else to do. I love it. Up with real fights!  Down with Skating Clowns!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I love this brand of hockey also and  I'm afraid the NHL will do something about it .  They created the instigator rule for stuff like this . What's next ?
    The cry babies are already out saying this s not HOCKEY.
    I don't always agree with what Don Cherry has to say but tonight I will not miss it. Very curious to see who speaks out about the last 2 hockey brawls and what Don has to say about that.
    If I were yOu guys I'de try to catch tht on HNIC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

I blame the stupid refs ~~ it wouldn't be so much to ask as to tell someone to shut the damn gate would it ..... as Gilles chirped away at the injured Pen. as he contemplated jumping back on the ice.

Player gets tossed ~ SHUT THE GATE !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkpg23ocOVY&feature=player_embedded

Talbot, Letang and Kennedy had to finally answer for they're after the whistle when the refs aren't looking Brian Gionta stick work. The Islanders finally said time to pay up. Max Talbot was at the center because his blind side hit on Comeau  in the Johnson one punch of Dipeitro game.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/

Near the bottom of the page has all the fights. You can see in the eyes of the Islander players they'd had enough! There have to be games like this because the Cooke's and Talbot's are allowed to get away with cheap antics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I understand the Johnson laughed about the fight during his press conference and the Islanders wanted him to answer for it but you don't bring up a goon from the AHL for that. Besides that I see nothing wrong with the actions the Islanders decided to take. Pittsburgh takes liberties and players and they finally got their bells rung because of it. Good for the Islanders and Gillies Fu Manchu.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Just one more fight away? : Oh I do know and I think he could of handled Haley I'm just saying I liked seeing Godard jump the boards to protect his goalie without even thinking.
    Posted by callodthedom19

I fully agree.  THAT is hockey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Just one more fight away? : Oh I do know and I think he could of handled Haley I'm just saying I liked seeing Godard jump the boards to protect his goalie without even thinking.
    Posted by callodthedom19

I wonder if his teammates will chip in and cover his lost wages for 10 games.You'd like to think so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

Gillies reminds me of #29.

btw nas ,thornton has more goals this year than godard has in his entire career. who's the clown?

Talbot's finally getting ink for his cheap stuff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkpg23ocOVY&feature=player_embedded Talbot, Letang and Kennedy had to finally answer for they're after the whistle when the refs aren't looking Brian Gionta stick work. The Islanders finally said time to pay up. Max Talbot was at the center because his blind side hit on Comeau  in the Johnson one punch of Dipeitro game.                    http://www.hockeyfights.com/ Near the bottom of the page has all the fights. You can see in the eyes of the Islander players they'd had enough! There have to be games like this because the Cooke's and Talbot's are allowed to get away with cheap antics.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Well said. 
    The NHL put themselves in situations like this.  How many cheap shots did it taken them to suspend Cooke ???
    They should only look at themselves in the mirror.
    I don't blame the refs as they do what they are told , hey Mr. Campbell ! Looking for little fakers in the game.

I just wish they don't come up with stupid new rules.  If teams continue to police themselves for all the cheapshots other team did in a previous or present game I bet the cheaphots will go down.  OMG I'm sounding like Don Cherry ! Although I have to agree with him.

On Brian Gionta, I always liked the guy but noticing a lot as the season goes the cross checks and slashes behind the legs he gives (on Chara) behind the scenes.  Growing to dislike and lose respect for the guy .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Just one more fight away? : I wonder if his teammates will chip in and cover his lost wages for 10 games.You'd like to think so.
    Posted by dezaruchi

They may not but a new contract will more than cover those games.  This is what an enforcer does.

I had said in a different thread that there are no more enforcers in the NHL.  I was wrong.  There is one.  I'd take a guy with this sort of heart over a Code and Rules guy every night.

Lots of bad things have happened to the Bruins players over the last few years.  Too bad Thornton won't do the same to protect his teammates.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

At the risk of sounding like a "homer" here...but seemed to me that the situations that led to fighting in the Isles-Pens game was very different than BOS-MTL. There was a lot of really, really cheap and violent things happening during the Islanders-Pens game. The net-crashing was out of control, hits to the head, boarding, etc. It really looked like people were out head-hunting.

The Bruins-Habs game was very different, where it merely seemed that neither team (especially Boston) was putting up with slashes, cross-checks and other minor extracurricular stuff happening after the whistle. There were also a lot of instances of standing up for teammates and sending a message, but after the whistle. I didn't think either team was really out hunting for blood during the play, and I can't recall a truly cheap shot from either side. I think the competative score of the game itself also plays into this.

To totally different games...but the problem is can the league and/or the fans tell the difference? Boston's physical play seemed reasonable and part of the fabric of the game. The Islanders and Pens looked like a bunch of thugs out to cause injury. Hope the league comes down hard and uses these two games to illustrate what's good about the game and what needs to go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I would rather see more fighting than cheap shots, hitting from behind etc..
    The league should take the instigator penalty out and have automatic icing. I would think this will be one way to cut back on injuries.We can't put a stop to fighting that would cause more cheap shots and the cowards who like to beak off will think twice with the instigator penalty out.. It is part of the human emotion to eventually not take anyone's trash talk.With the instigator out their will be less cheap shots and cowards running behind their mother's apron ie Subban with Gill .
    I actually felt bad for ex Bruin Gill he must been saying "shut up PK your killing me."Goons are Goons then their are enforcers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

At the risk of sounding like a "homer" here...but seemed to me that the situations that led to fighting in the Isles-Pens game was very different than BOS-MTL. There was a lot of really, really cheap and violent things happening during the Islanders-Pens game. The net-crashing was out of control, hits to the head, boarding, etc. It really looked like people were out head-hunting. The Bruins-Habs game was very different, where it merely seemed that neither team (especially Boston) was putting up with slashes, cross-checks and other minor extracurricular stuff happening after the whistle. There were also a lot of instances of standing up for teammates and sending a message, but after the whistle. I didn't think either team was really out hunting for blood during the play, and I can't recall a truly cheap shot from either side.I think the competative score of the game itself also plays into this. To totally different games...but the problem is can the league and/or the fans tell the difference? Boston's physical play seemed reasonable and part of the fabric of the game. The Islanders and Pens looked like a bunch of thugs out to cause injury. Hope the league comes down hard and uses these two games to illustrate what's good about the game and what needs to go.
    Posted by asmaha

Of course it was 2 different games/reasons but if you watch the last game in Montreal and the one before that the Habs did a lot of stick work.  On one occasion while going to bench Gionta slashed Chara behind the legs.
    What about Paccioretty shoving Chara ?  or then Subban and Gomez both yapping and laughing at Chara ?
    Call it cheapshots, instigating or wtv else you want to call it , IT'S JUST CHEAP!
    Then things boil over .
    The last time the Pens played the Iles and SanDog put a mention of it here the Pens were really dirty. The Iles wanted to make them pay . The Bruins did the same Wednesday ,  for different reasons, but with the same idea in mind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsRock. Show BsRock's posts

Get rid of the "Instigator Penalty".  Its that simple, make people once again accountable for their actions.  You do something stupid, you get your butt kicked.  if you want to do it again, well chances are your going to get your butt kicked again.  You wont have cooke, and people like PK hidding behind the refs anymore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Get rid of the "Instigator Penalty".  Its that simple, make people once again accountable for their actions.  You do something stupid, you get your butt kicked.  if you want to do it again, well chances are your going to get your butt kicked again.  You wont have cooke, and people like PK hidding behind the refs anymore.
    Posted by BsRock

you'll always have guys like pk hiding behind the refs. remember claude lemieux. there was no instigator rule in the 80's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Just one more fight away? : Of course it was 2 different games/reasons but if you watch the last game in Montreal and the one before that the Habs did a lot of stick work.  On one occasion while going to bench Gionta slashed Chara behind the legs. What about Paccioretty shoving Chara ?  or then Subban and Gomez both yapping and laughing at Chara ? Call it cheapshots, instigating or wtv else you want to call it , IT'S JUST CHEAP! Then things boil over . The last time the Pens played the Iles and SanDog put a mention of it here the Pens were really dirty. The Iles wanted to make them pay . The Bruins did the same Wednesday ,  for different reasons, but with the same idea in mind.
    Posted by BsLegion

Yeah,both games were an obvious result of things from previous games having boiled over.Hopefully the league wakes up and cracks down on the cheapshots and leaves fighting alone.For some reason,Cooke and players like him have been able to run amok.I miss the days when things were dealt with in the same game that they happened.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Just one more fight away? : Yeah,both games were an obvious result of things from previous games having boiled over.Hopefully the league wakes up and cracks down on the cheapshots and leaves fighting alone.For some reason,Cooke and players like him have been able to run amok.I miss the days when things were dealt with in the same game that they happened.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I gotta a feeling tonigt Habs-Leafs will get nasty. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Just one more fight away? : I gotta a feeling tonigt Habs-Leafs will get nasty. 
    Posted by BsLegion

The Habs can't get nasty.  They get chippy.  Then they get beat up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

all i could think of during the isles pens game is once again matt cooke dodges a bullet. as if him thinking it was tyutins fault wasnt bad enough, he's probably thinking "thank god i boarded that guy or i would have had to play in that game".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Just one more fight away? : The Habs can't get nasty.  They get chippy.  Then they get beat up.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Boring boring game. Leafs had no sp_unk what's so ever.  Phaneuf trying to talk Plekanec to maybe fight ?  LMAO
    Subban did fight,  does he go down on purpose so they can't punch him ?
    Funny because he punches when the other guy is down.
    Lupol tries to do the honorable thing and take off his helmet/visor and Subban starts punching him. Despicable

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

In Response to Re: Just one more fight away? : you'll always have guys like pk hiding behind the refs. remember claude lemieux. there was no instigator rule in the 80's.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Big difference there...Claude Lemiuex could REALLY fight...he was one cheap SOB though...

Sections
Shortcuts