Just sick about Eriksson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Just sick about Eriksson

He's been mostly forgotten about because of the Thornton-Orpik incident.

Best wishes for a fast and full recovery.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Just sick about Eriksson

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Yeah, I feel awful for Loui. It's like I just want to throw Orpik down and start beating on him...oh wait. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Me thinks LouI is not going too be back this season. Even if he gets medically cleared Eriksson should sit the rest of the year. The 1st thing he should do is call Marc Savard before deciding anything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Me thinks LouI is not going too be back this season. Even if he gets medically cleared Eriksson should sit the rest of the year. The 1st thing he should do is call Marc Savard before deciding anything.

[/QUOTE]

I agree San he really needs to take his time coming back, there's more to life than hockey.  However, he really looked like he wanted to stay on the bench so hopefully this one wasn't too bad.

Why isn't the hit being looked at by Shanny?  Clearly it was intent to injure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wait till you see the Dupois slash on Kelly. It's called lobbying 101 Hang, Shero lobbied Campbell on the Savrad during the Florida GM meetings in 2010. Probably on a conference call right now with Mario and Shanahan at this moment.

It's sickening is what it is!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why isn't the hit being looked at by Shanny?  Clearly it was intent to injure.

[/QUOTE]

It's a body check that made some contact with the head.  Unless it's seen many times, it's easy to miss the head contact all together.  The NHL isn't going to review every single body check throughout the season.

Intent to injure relates to stick work or maybe hitting from behind.  This was an open ice check.  It wasn't even a dangerous play.  Just a hockey play gone wrong.

Many people here treat the word of MacKenzie as the gospel, right?

"Orpik's hit on Eriksson was hockey play, could've been minor for interference, but well within context of game action. Orpik shouldn't necessarily be obliged to answer the bell to Thornton on that hit. It wasn't that egregious."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Wait till you see the Dupois slash on Kelly. It's called lobbying 101 Hang, Shero lobbied Campbell on the Savrad during the Florida GM meetings in 2010. Probably on a conference call right now with Mario and Shanahan at this moment.

[/QUOTE]

You mean the one where Dupuis looks like he's trying to whack the puck and catches Kelly instead?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree San he really needs to take his time coming back, there's more to life than hockey.  However, he really looked like he wanted to stay on the bench so hopefully this one wasn't too bad.

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if expecting him back for the playoffs is too much to hope for? I'm sure he came to this team thinking it would be a better opportunity than Dallas.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE] Wait till you see the Dupois slash on Kelly. It's called lobbying 101 Hang, Shero lobbied Campbell on the Savrad during the Florida GM meetings in 2010. Probably on a conference call right now with Mario and Shanahan at this moment.

It's sickening is what it is! [/QUOTE]

You mean the one where Dupuis looks like he's trying to whack the puck and catches Kelly instead? [/QUOTE]

Your sudden innocent, naive look at hockey is laughable. The puck wasn't even close too Kelly's skate, nowhere near it. Any other view of what Dupuis did does not apply with me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt Clod Jams. Show Dirt Clod Jams's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You mean the one where Dupuis looks like he's trying to whack the puck and catches Kelly instead?

[/QUOTE]

Looks like Kelly thought it was intentional.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Your sudden innocent, naive look at hockey is laughable. The puck wasn't even close too Kelly's skate, nowhere near it. Any other view of what Dupuis did does not apply with me.

[/QUOTE]

Here's Dupuis swinging at the puck that is "nowhere near" Kelly's ankle.  The arrow is pointing at the puck that is not "even close" to Kelly's ankle.

The puck was in the air and actually bounces off Kelly's skate, you fool.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Dirt Clod Jams' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like Kelly thought it was intentional.

[/QUOTE]

He didn't know what happened.  He had his back to Dupuis.  He knew he got whacked so he turned around and whacked back.  Kelly's return slash (which ended up being stick on stick) had a heck of a lot more force behind it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Two handed slash down at Kelly's ankle was clear. If the puck was in the air you don't slash down at someone's skate. This is the same as the defense of Cooke's "accident" against Karlsson.

Seriously defending the scumb@g Penguins right now is hilarious and dumb. Thankfully the Pats are about to start so you can go chase your girlfriend around.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Two handed slash down at Kelly's ankle was clear. If the puck was in the air you don't slash down at someone's skate. This is the same as the defense of Cooke's "accident" against Karlsson.

Seriously defending the scumb@g Penguins right now is hilarious and dumb. Thankfully the Pats are about to start so you can go chase your girlfriend around.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure we're talking about the same play.  Here's the one I'm referring to.  I see Dupuis swinging at a puck, trying to keep it in the zone.

Dupuis Kelly

Which one are you referring to?  You know, the one with the puck nowhere near Kelly's ankle

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Go away Pens fan TROLL ALERT.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FanBruin. Show FanBruin's posts

Haven't been on in awhile,quite the game last night,Erikkson definetly needs to take his time comming back dont want another Savard,and in my books it was a head shot,was he trying for the head maybee not sure but that is what he hit

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I don't think it was intentional but it sure was wreckless and to me sometimes that is just as bad.  I t must of hit Kelly on an unprotected spot for it to break a bone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think it was intentional but it sure was wreckless and to me sometimes that is just as bad.  I t must of hit Kelly on an unprotected spot for it to break a bone.

[/QUOTE]

There aren't any unprotected spots in skates anymore, they are practically like ski boots.  Problem with that is that they aren't that flexible.  I block a lot more shots because I'm a lot more confident in the skates.  

Dupuis must have hit him hard.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK, it was the fibula not the ankle.  That makes more sense.

It might not have been the play we've been looking at.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

Who's fawking side are you on here NAS!! Open up your fawking eyes man! Dupuis isn't swinging at the puck at all! You really got to start looking with open eyes here instead of eyes wide shut! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who's fawking side are you on here NAS!! Open up your fawking eyes man! Dupuis isn't swinging at the puck at all! You really got to start looking with open eyes here instead of eyes wide shut! 

[/QUOTE]

Nite, are you suggesting Dupuis is not trying to get the puck that he intentionally swings his stick to injure Kelly? Becuase the pucks right there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

By the way, I've hated this stuff for a long time now. Can't stand it when players swing there sticks like golf clubs when trying to chip the puck up or break up a play from an opposing player. It just looks ugly, and theres nothing hockey about it.

Sections
Shortcuts