just trying to run around and kill guys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

just trying to run around and kill guys

"it was one of those games where i was angry the whole time"..."my emotions get the best of me, just trying to run around and kill guys." -brad marchand. god i love this kid, this is a future captain in the making. he plays SO MUCH bigger than he is, is it possible he's already a sort of "leader" on this team? sounds crazy, but, when have you ever seem this kid just float around the ice? he's a gamer-i hope he has a LONG career in boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Re: just trying to run around and kill guys

Yup.  He's awesome.

4 goals, 6 assists and a plus 9 tied with Chara.  HUGE player for Boston right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

Brad "Pie" Machand!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i've always been a bergy guy, but there is a new man-crush developing. hope bergy doesn't get jealous

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

Sorry that was Marchand  LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Im freaking loving Moshmont. He had 8 hits last night 2 in a row on one shift where he leveled both of the bigger flyers players he hit.

That hit he through on Gomez earlier in the year(that got a terrible call) was awesome. He has so many dimensions to his game and to think its all just starting to gel and develop. This kid will be golden.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

I believe he is a Restricted free agent this year so he will be due a big raise. Good for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Threw three of the biggest hits of our playoffs last night - knocked Coburn flat twice if I'm not mistaken.  He's a force who the Flyers can't ignore ... or catch ... and if there's one Bruin who can keep them off their game plan (whatever it is), especially in their zone, it's Marchand.  He's been terrific.

Speaking of hits, I loved seeing Paille annihilate tough guy Versteeg on the near side last night - separated him from the puck and his senses.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Athlete's in team sports can lead without having an "A' or "C" on their jersey. I always liked what Brett Hull said after tough guy Keenan took the "C" off his sweater in St. Louis Brett quipped something like "Doesn't matter what coach thinks he did by stripping me everyone knows who the leader in the locker room". Other players on the Bruins have to get motivated when they little big man Brad doing his thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: just trying to run around and kill guys:
    [QUOTE]I believe he is a Restricted free agent this year so he will be due a big raise. Good for him.  
    Posted by ed121501[/QUOTE]

Would say almost exactly what Wheeler got in his first RFA contract. Same type of numbers and role. Liking Marchand a whole lot better as his overall game is better.

Saw Wheeler playing for the US last night. In the couple parts I watched, he had 2 offsides and fell down on the boards ~2-3 times.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]Threw three of the biggest hits of our playoffs last night - knocked Coburn flat twice if I'm not mistaken.  He's a force who the Flyers can't ignore ... or catch ... and if there's one Bruin who can keep them off their game plan (whatever it is), especially in their zone, it's Marchand.  He's been terrific. Speaking of hits, I loved seeing Paille annihilate tough guy Versteeg on the near side last night - separated him from the puck and his senses.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

How Versteeg didn't get the only penalty on the Krejic exchange is beyond me. The kid is a punk. Has this always been the case?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to just trying to run around and kill guys:
    [QUOTE]"it was one of those games where i was angry the whole time"..."my emotions get the best of me, just trying to run around and kill guys." -brad marchand. god i love this kid, this is a future captain in the making. he plays SO MUCH bigger than he is, is it possible he's already a sort of "leader" on this team? sounds crazy, but, when have you ever seem this kid just float around the ice? he's a gamer-i hope he has a LONG career in boston.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

What a great quote by a heck of a player.  This kid's got the attitude of a champion.  I hope we get to see him in a B's jersey for a long time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

that's the wheeler we all know and love(stanley). you can compare 63's paycheck with wheeler, but definitely not his role on the b's. wheeler NEVER put his stamp on games. pitch in a goal every now and again- then unnoticed for stretches. marchy is noticed EVERY game, i think next to bergeron, he's the most consistent player on the team- and he's a rook!!! from 4th line  to 2nd line- and he could be a top line guy if ever needed.  all in one year. i would have never guessed this possible from watching the few call ups he had last year. imagine if we see seguin develop along this learning curve!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: just trying to run around and kill guys : How Versteeg didn't get the only penalty on the Krejic exchange is beyond me. The kid is a punk. Has this always been the case?
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

I don't know what he was like before - in Providence, then Chicago, now Philadelphia.  I loved seeing him run over, especially after the jersey-pulling nonsense against Krejci. 

Flyers are done on Friday.  I don't see the Bs playing things any differently than last night and Marchand's only beginning to ramp things up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

I gotta say I'm a big Marchand fan as well! Brings so much energy to our team. He's a feisty little guy and gives it 110% every shift. I found myself chuckling at the some of the hits he made last night. Thinking how does such a little guy hit so hard.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to just trying to run around and kill guys:
    [QUOTE]"it was one of those games where i was angry the whole time"..."my emotions get the best of me, just trying to run around and kill guys." -brad marchand. god i love this kid, this is a future captain in the making. he plays SO MUCH bigger than he is, is it possible he's already a sort of "leader" on this team? sounds crazy, but, when have you ever seem this kid just float around the ice? he's a gamer-i hope he has a LONG career in boston.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

the part about marchand i like the most is his getting under the skin of other players and teams. as long as he stays the course and doesnt cross the line into cooke land. so much has been made about how tough mike richards is and dont get me wrong i would love to see a player like this on the bruins. but alot of attention has been put on how richards took out krecji last year and also how this year richards has not only lead the charge on getting in krecjis ear about putting him in the hospital again but also according to some reports richards was chripping when mcquaid tried to take him out and hurt his neck going into boards. these things are what some media and hockey fans consider part of how tough the flyers are and how its perceived that the bruins aren't as tough as them because of guys like richards and "hacksaw"chris pronger. well i think that the bruins are every bit as tough and gritty. the best example of this was marchand last night during faceoffs he made it a point to tap the back of jeff carters right knee to let him know the bruins are here too and arent going to let them be only ones to play mind games and lookout u never know better keep your head up on a swivel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i hope he passes by the mirror without looking, he might realize he's only 5 foot nothing and 170 lbs! he's a young mark recchi! recching ball jr.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Lock Marchand up for a very long time. We need to sign him long term and never let him get away. This kid is a Boston Bruin, through and through.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Since approximately his third game on Bergeron's line, I was hoping they should never be separated.  The two of them are perfect for one another out there really raising eachother to there maximum potential.  As much as I love what Recchi brings in the locker room and particularly in the playoffs, I also can't help to imagine a young energetic player on the other wing.  Doesn't matter if it's a Seguin type speed prospect or a true power forward it will be extremely exciting to see next year.  For now this is the best playoff run I remember since the Bourque days and this line is winning there battles so often.  It really has been a plus line in almost every game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Marchand/Horton/Lucic/Seguin

The nucleus of the next generation.
    This is gonna be a great decade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, I'm thinking that line is the Sphinx line: the baby, the man, and the old man. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand/Horton/Lucic/Seguin The nucleus of the next generation. This is gonna be a great decade.
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]

How in the world can you leave Bergy off of this list?!?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

[QUOTE]          Brad "Pie" Machand!!
    Posted by east-westBsfan[/QUOTE]

Good call. 
    But will Marchand ressurect the McKenzie Choke Dance if the Bs sweep  Philly tomorrow? That I'd like to see.    

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: just trying to run around and kill guys : How in the world can you leave Bergy off of this list?!?
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

And TT, he seens to be getting younger, and McQ.

Also  Hamill for NAS.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Plus Chiarelli will have about $17M this summer with a "to do list" that looks like this:
    -Resign Marchand
    -Replace Kaberle
    -Give Caron Ryder's job
    -Give Seguin Recchi's job
    -Improve depth

The best is yet to come.

Sections
Shortcuts