Justin Florek recalled from Providence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Justin Florek recalled from Providence

@NHLBruins 

"Bruins recall Justin Florek from Providence on an emergency basis. He will be eligible for today's game vs Jets: http://bbru.in/JRkkiP  ^BB"

Hope it isn't Paille again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Justin Florek recalled from Providence

Will Florek be another Byron Bitz or will he be a Sandy Moger, we'll see. Didn't read anywhere that somebody was dinged up, could be the flu.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Caron has a stiff back.  or does he ?  LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

WILMINGTON -- The Bruins practiced at Ristuccia Arena this afternoon after beating the Predators in overtime yesterday.

There was one notable absence from practice with Torey Krug not on the ice. Krug did not play the final four minutes of Thursday night's game with an undisclosed ailment. He played 14:02 in the game against Nashville.

"Maintenance day," Claude Julien said. "We'll see how he is tomorrow. If he's good to go, he'll go."

Loui Eriksson has not yet been cleared for contact, but he did take part in 3-on-3 drills in practice. He continues to wear a green jersey when the team skates.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

WILMINGTON -- The Bruins practiced at Ristuccia Arena this afternoon after beating the Predators in overtime yesterday.

There was one notable absence from practice with Torey Krug not on the ice. Krug did not play the final four minutes of Thursday night's game with an undisclosed ailment. He played 14:02 in the game against Nashville.

"Maintenance day," Claude Julien said. "We'll see how he is tomorrow. If he's good to go, he'll go."

Loui Eriksson has not yet been cleared for contact, but he did take part in 3-on-3 drills in practice. He continues to wear a green jersey when the team skates.

Florek's a forward, so nothing to do with Krug

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

It is caron thats out. I just posted krug  as a heads up

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Caron out,who woulda thought,i think the auditions are officially on until #22 returns. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Florek looked great today with the minutes he got.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I thought he did too, too bad for Caron who I thought played his best game this year versus the Preds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I thought he did too, too bad for Caron who I thought played his best game this year versus the Preds.

Florek looked better in his first game as a pro than Caron did in his best game this season,what does that tell you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Did his job. I think Florek got more minutes as the game went on... but this may be more because the game was well in hand?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

It takes injuries to see exactly what they have in the system and were seeing some pretty good players, not awsome but pretty good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Florek looked better in his first game as a pro than Caron did in his best game this season,what does that tell you.

Way too early to make much of it, but you are dead on. Let's see him play a few more games. Then again, Caron hasn't set the bar too high.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Caron is out, the B's had better buy some extra java for their scouts.  The #1 pick could be coming to Boston.  Without him, they're sunk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If Caron is out, the B's had better buy some extra java for their scouts.  The #1 pick could be coming to Boston.  Without him, they're sunk.

Nevermind that, if Caron is out for an extended period of time who the heck is PC suppose to offer for players like Yandle, Evender Kane etc...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nevermind that, if Caron is out for an extended period of time who the heck is PC suppose to offer for players like Yandle, Evender Kane etc...

I was really hoping for Caron to Phoenix for Yandle and a 2nd rounder.  Now it'll have to be Knight and a seventh round pick for Yandle...and that's just too much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

we can always throw in Thornton to sweeten the deal

I was really hoping for Caron to Phoenix for Yandle and a 2nd rounder.  Now it'll have to be Knight and a seventh round pick for Yandle...and that's just too much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Way too early to make much of it, but you are dead on. Let's see him play a few more games. Then again, Caron hasn't set the bar too high.

Couldn't agree more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.

[/QUOTE]

I've yet to see Caron impress me. Period. I really doubt he'll make it on the Bruins. Maybe he is suited for another style of play, like Edmonton, where winning doesn't matter. (oh, that is so mean)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I thought Florek looked very solid, hopefully Caron's back keeps acting up. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He was surprisingly good . For a big guy he can move pretty well. Everyone is mentioning for him to replace Caron, I'll go one further, replace Fraser. 

Can Julien's remark about Thornton coming back and having to earn a spot I hope it's because he will keep trying Florek.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

How many 5th round draft choices even see the inside of an NHL arena as a player ? To play even one game as an injury replacement is an overachievement.

Kudos to the Bruins scouts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Florek got a nice assist last night.

To that person who said there's nothing to get excited about in Providence:

You have no clue.  Bruins are performing well with multiple AHL guys in the lineup, if your expectations were higher you're not living in the real world.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I thought Florek looked very solid

I really like Florek's game. Nothing flashy but he has the frame to ward off checks and he keeps the puck deep in the opponents Dzone. Minus a couple of icings last night he did his job well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I thought Florek looked very solid

I really like Florek's game. Nothing flashy but he has the frame to ward off checks and he keeps the puck deep in the opponents Dzone. Minus a couple of icings last night he did his job well.

I thought he did fine as well, better to ice it i guess as opposed to coughing the puck up which leads to a scoring opportunity.

Sections
Shortcuts