Kaber le Turd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Kaber le Turd

Tell me why we got this guy?

I just watched him at the point on the PP with a clear lane on Price and he launched it easily 3 feet over his head!

???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Re: Kaber le Turd

BECAUSE IT WAS VELVETY SMOOTH!! 

the problem with the team is the coach, and maybe the organizational mindset. that much is clear. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

he's outta here...damn chiapet..couldnt he see kaberle has no shot, isnt tough, and is weak along the boards chickken chit

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Kaber le Turd:
    BECAUSE IT WAS VELVETY SMOOTH!!  the problem with the team is the coach, and maybe the organizational mindset. that much is clear. 
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady

Why don't they change the PP. It's all shots from the point... all the time. I guess the D-men are the top scorers on this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I can't blame Kaberle entirely... our offense has been mostly invisible (the play that sums it up for me was just after Bergeron scored and Krejci found himself alone in front of the net with the puck and it got away from him as he did the curl and drag around Price.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaber le Turd : Why don't they change the PP. It's all shots from the point... all the time. I guess the D-men are the top scorers on this team.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Exactly, callo.  I keep recalling that home and home with the Wings earlier this year.  The Wing PP was not that traditional back to the point predictable strategy.  The Wings were always in motion, circling, weaving around the Bruin D-zone, looking for the open man while the B's had a hell of a time trying to not be drawn out of position as they attempted to cover people. 

My hope is regardless of how the Bruins fare during the playoffs, Geoff Ward is among whomever is to be fired and replaced with someone who has a more proven offensive pedigree.  His PP strategy does not play to the strengths of the players on the roster and has been largely an almost non-existent factor for the Bruins this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I havent seen a one timer from the side on the power play all season long.  They have to stop it, tee it up and shoot into the goalies chest....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaber le Turd : Exactly, callo.  I keep recalling that home and home with the Wings earlier this year.  The Wing PP was not that traditional back to the point predictable strategy.  The Wings were always in motion, circling, weaving around the Bruin D-zone, looking for the open man while the B's had a hell of a time trying to not be drawn out of position as they attempted to cover people.  My hope is regardless of how the Bruins fare during the playoffs, Geoff Ward is among whomever is to be fired and replaced with someone who has a more proven offensive pedigree.  His PP strategy does not play to the strengths of the players on the roster and has been largely an almost non-existent factor for the Bruins this season.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Exactly what I was thinking. My dad is a huge Red Wings fan so growing up I saw just as many RW games as B's games. Their PP is a thing of beauty compared to the B's turd. Pass it to the half wall and back to the point and shoot. Red Wings are probably the best puck posession team in the league and it shows on the PP. They weave in and out. Kaberle tries this and all the B's just look around like What is this? That isn't a player problem that is a coaching problem.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Another good reason to can PC.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Look at how good the leafs played once Kaberle left. makes you wonder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

He looks lost out there for sure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjd57. Show rjd57's posts

Let's not stop at Kaberle.
    What about Peverley and Kelly?

Those three pickups are looking quite bad, and PC should be held accountable.

I think I actually miss Wheeler.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

He is also very soft in his own zone not a Bruins type of D!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaber le Turd : Exactly what I was thinking. My dad is a huge Red Wings fan so growing up I saw just as many RW games as B's games. Their PP is a thing of beauty compared to the B's turd. Pass it to the half wall and back to the point and shoot. Red Wings are probably the best puck posession team in the league and it shows on the PP. They weave in and out. Kaberle tries this and all the B's just look around like What is this? That isn't a player problem that is a coaching problem.

Hell, yeah.  That circling, cutting and weaving seems to consistetly result in someone being open for a clear shot on net.  True, it doesn't hurt to have the likes of Zetterberg and Datsyuk up front with their skills but with Krejci, Ryder, Horton and others, the Bruin PP should be operating at a higher efficiency.  All those times we'd watch it not even generate any pressure in the offensive end were pitifull.

Unless the talent on the roster has been massively over-rated by club brass, you're absolutely bang-on with it being a coaching issue and not a player problem.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]He is also very soft in his own zone not a Bruins type of D!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

Absolutely true, luca but they got him to exit the puck asap.  Bruin management knew he was prone to being knocked off the puck and had a tendency to dish poor passes when harrassed and hurried by big, aggressive and swift opposition forwards. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaber le Turd : Hell, yeah.  That circling, cutting and weaving seems to consistetly result in someone being open for a clear shot on net.  True, it doesn't hurt to have the likes of Zetterberg and Datsyuk up front with their skills but with Krejci, Ryder, Horton and others, the Bruin PP should be operating at a higher efficiency.  All those times we'd watch it not even generate any pressure in the offensive end were pitifull. Unless the talent on the roster has been massively over-rated by club brass, you're absolutely bang-on with it being a coaching issue and not a player problem.
    In my eyes we have the players to do just what they do. Bergy and Krejci can handle the puck like a Datsyuk or Zetter. Horton and Lucic should be doing the job like Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, or Franzen. Not as good no but they're still very good players. There is no reason this team shouldn't be successful. One place we are overrated is on D. After Chara and Kaberle( on offense only) the D isn't very good. But maybe it's just me being hopeful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaber le Turd : In my eyes we have the players to do just what they do. Bergy and Krejci can handle the puck like a Datsyuk or Zetter. Horton and Lucic should be doing the job like Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, or Franzen. Not as good no but they're still very good players. There is no reason this team shouldn't be successful. One place we are overrated is on D. After Chara and Kaberle( on offense only) the D isn't very good. But maybe it's just me being hopeful.

Datsyuk's a premier #1 center....  Bergy & Krejci are not....

as for them being able to handle the puck like Datsyuk, are you kidding?....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaber le Turd : In my eyes we have the players to do just what they do. Bergy and Krejci can handle the puck like a Datsyuk or Zetter. Horton and Lucic should be doing the job like Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, or Franzen. Not as good no but they're still very good players. There is no reason this team shouldn't be successful. One place we are overrated is on D. After Chara and Kaberle( on offense only) the D isn't very good. But maybe it's just me being hopeful.

callo - I think within Julien's defense-first system, the D-corps fits well.  Most nights they perform their assignments. A couple of weeks ago, I heard Burke suggest his crew of Schenn, Komisarek, Phaneuf, Gunarsson and Aulie were as good as most any around.  He's not far off. 

Perhaps we're witnessing the waste of a solid roster in the hands of the present coaching staff. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaber le Turd : Datsyuk's a premier #1 center....  Bergy & Krejci are not.... as for them being able to handle the puck like Datsyuk, are you kidding?....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]
    I didn't say they were exactly like him but for this team they provide what he does or need to. They're good stick handlers. Not premier players but very good players. There is only one Datsyuk trust me I know. I'm saying with their sitckhandling skills they should be allowed to move around the zone more instead of just ppassing it to the point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaber le Turd : callo - I think within Julien's defense-first system, the D-corps fits well.  Most nights they perform their assignments. A couple of weeks ago, I heard Burke suggest his crew of Schenn, Komisarek, Phaneuf, Gunarsson and Aulie were as good as most any around.  He's not far off.  Perhaps we're witnessing the waste of a solid roster in the hands of the present coaching staff. 
    The problem though is Juliens system is very easy and makes D-men look a lot better than they actually are. Another problem is it doesn't allow Kaberle to be the type of guy that got his name league-wide recognition. I agree with Burke 100% those guys can handle the puck and play D. People here hate Phanuef (with good reason) but he is still a very good D-man and is tough to play against. The B's d system is the only one in the league I have noticed that makes so many D to D passes. It makes me throw my stress pucks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaber le Turd : I didn't say they were exactly like him but for this team they provide what he does or need to. They're good stick handlers. Not premier players but very good players. There is only one Datsyuk trust me I know. I'm saying with their sitckhandling skills they should be allowed to move around the zone more instead of just ppassing it to the point.

got it....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Krejci is part of the problem. He has a world of talent but is so reluctant to attack the net. Drives me absolutely crazy. 

Coaching is another large part of the problem, where is the movement? The rely almost entirely upon setting up from the half wall - too predictable. Karble is not all that we hoped for but he's not the major problem on the power play. He moves well but the rest of them stands around and appeared lost. Put him on a team with a good coach, and he could be a very deadly weapon on the power play. With Claude, forget about it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaber le Turd : The problem though is Juliens system is very easy and makes D-men look a lot better than they actually are. Another problem is it doesn't allow Kaberle to be the type of guy that got his name league-wide recognition. I agree with Burke 100% those guys can handle the puck and play D. People here hate Phanuef (with good reason) but he is still a very good D-man and is tough to play against. The B's d system is the only one in the league I have noticed that makes so many D to D passes. It makes me throw my stress pucks.

Good points all, callo.  Those D-to-D passes you speak of completely contradict one of the better skills of Kaberle; his ability to regularly hit forwards on the fly
    with tape to tape passes.  I'd watch him do that for years up here.  Talk about a quick puck exit. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaber le Turd : Good points all, callo.  Those D-to-D passes you speak of completely contradict one of the better skills of Kaberle; his ability to regularly hit forwards on the fly with tape to tape passes.  I'd watch him do that for years up here.  Talk about a quick puck exit. 
    Exactly!!!That's why he was so coveted by the Bruins brass. Now he has to do the behind the net pass (which lead to more turnovers). It slows everything down and eliminates chances for odd man rushes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaber le Turd : Exactly!!!That's why he was so coveted by the Bruins brass. Now he has to do the behind the net pass (which lead to more turnovers). It slows everything down and eliminates chances for odd man rushes.

Kaberle sprang Sundin and so many other Leafs for years with that same accurate manouver.  Unfortunately, he now must resign himself to the more conservative system stylings of Julien. 

Sections
Shortcuts