Kaberle Allows Maple Leafs to Talk Strictly with Bruins About Possible Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins12. Show bruins12's posts

Kaberle Allows Maple Leafs to Talk Strictly with Bruins About Possible Trade

Sportsnet reporting that Kaberle is willing to waive no-trade clause only to the Bruins allowing the Maple Leafs and Bruins to negotiate. Who's going in return or what picks? Helps Bruins as there are no other teams involved at this point, so Maple Leafs have no way of creating an auction atmosphere. What does everyone think?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: Kaberle Allows Maple Leafs to Talk Strictly with Bruins About Possible Trade

Was another thread really necessary?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Kaberle Allows Maple Leafs to Talk Strictly with Bruins About Possible Trade

it better not be a 1st round pick !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Anyway it's all over the place  now that the Bruins are dealing.  I hope Burke is making it clear .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Maybe for something like Stuart, Hamill and a #2.  No way would I include either of the B's #1's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Don't give up the first rounders.  Toronto's could be a very high pick. 

If Kaberle comes to Boston, must Stuart go north?  I'd offer Hamill and the #2 and then Bartkowski if Burke requires - Chiarelli should be in the driver's seat on this one. 

Chiarelli could then offer Stuart and Wheeler for a winger with more pop and moxie than Big Blake.

Keep those two first rounders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Kaberle will be a bust just like Gonchar was years ago!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Just go after him in July...

The 1st rounder plus scenarios for a rent-a-player that won't get them past PHI or DET is not a good deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

There is no way Wheeler is traded in this move. The kid is a RFA at seasons end (contract likely won't be much higher). If someone makes an offer on him then the B's get picks or can match the contract. That's worth more than a UFA in my eyes.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle Allows Maple Leafs to Talk Strictly with Bruins About Possible Trade:
    [QUOTE]Kaberle will be a bust just like Gonchar was years ago!
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

I'm leaning this way too... he's not worth $4+ Mil

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Gonchar was not a bust, not signing him after was, he was the best of what we had.

We had Boynton, McGillis, Slegr, ODonnell and Gill as our other D back then.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Money really isn't an issue at this point of the season, let Wheeler and Stuart go and open space for a bigger deal that may really help this team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

After the Versteeg trade, I am thinking the Leafs are looking for picks...strange as it struck me at first, but that trade did nothing for them this year...it only helps the Bruins. Have the Leaf's given up on this year already?
    PC is in the driver seat and doesn't have to mortgage the future for an aging rental d-man. Clark McArthur is a pretty good gritty player. Most teams would probably like to add him. Solid choice.
    What about Jay Baumeester up in Calgary? It seems to me that move has not worked out for the team or him. His cap hit is $6,680,000 through 2013/14. Subtract Savard's salary and send a d-man back plus Paille and I think it is covered.
    Doc

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

why can't burke just keep his mouth shut?  thats why gms hate dealing with him.  he just loves the attention and he cant help himself.  And whoever leaked that the bruins are the only team kaberle wants to go to sure handicapped burke even more.  I hope the deal falls through personally as i'm not a kaberle fan and i have seen a ton of him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

IMO this is a no-brainer. Firstly, make sure that the Bruins can sign him for, say, 2-3 years and then offer Boston's first round pick this year. If Burke says no then tell him to KMA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle Allows Maple Leafs to Talk Strictly with Bruins About Possible Trade:
    [QUOTE]IMO this is a no-brainer. Firstly, make sure that the Bruins can sign him for, say, 2-3 years and then offer Boston's first round pick this year. If Burke says no then tell him to KMA.
    Posted by newfiewhaler[/QUOTE]
    The guy is a headcase- don't do it!! Overrated & over paid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcogag. Show marcogag's posts

The Bruins need more than puck moving d beleive me !!
    They need someone who can score and finish ...
    Thomas will not help them !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcogag. Show marcogag's posts

OK... you loose back to back to a well oiled machine Detroit but if you can't b eat the Leaf's there is something wrong... Wheeler and Horton are terrible!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Burke and Chiarelli better be in an office arm wrestling to see how high the pick is for Kaberle.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Forget it, you guys su-ck donkey sh*t. I don't want to play for you.

T. Kaberle