Kaberle Done Deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Kaberle Done Deal

In Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal:
    I've watched Kaberle a lot (from Southern Ontario) and he isn't a defensive liability, he just won't be a defensive benefit. His value comes from his offense and that's why PC wants him. Pair him with Z and it seems like a great fit: personal friends, great passer to great shooter, stay at home beast with offensive puck-mover. Logical move, hope it works.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

If he is average defensively, then I think we should go into the postseason relying on that pair, Seidenberg and Ference similar to the way Philly relied on there top 4 last year.  Final pair would be Kampfer and the guy who is most valuable of remaining pieces but that pair would be used sparingly.  Kampfer on 2nd power play, and the occasional shift when the top four need a break.  I do not want to roll them over the boards on a regular shift.

Same for the bottom three forwards come playoff time.  I don't think we have the depth that justifies rolling 4 lines.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

Kaberle and Bourque's names should not even be in the same sentence, especially in comparison!!!   Don't get me wrong, I like Kabs but come on.  NiowIn Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal:
    In Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal : Are you nuts!  Kaberle is a top flight QB defenseman.  And not being in the playoffs for 5 seasons makes him hungry and a younger 32/33.  He will be something we haven't seen from the point on powerplays since Ray Bourque.  Chara will be the compliment to him on the PP, not vice versa.  What a load off Chara this will be.  And what a load off the fans, not having to watch Recchi man the point (even though he handled it as well as can be expected).  It was a matter of time before that experiment blew up the lab!
    Posted by CamOJonasink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Theres something fishy going on..Haggerty just tweeted that CJ just told him that there are some "things" that "might" affect the Bruins lineup tonight. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Usually Dreger is right. Looking at Dr. CC's chart add Wheeler and Boychuck and it equals Kaberle. Of course Burke will love Wheeler. Size, speed, good Pk skills, maybe Toronto can teach him how to finish where Claude's troops never could.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

My initial response is this is a good move (potential move).  This helps our PP which is our biggest issue right now.  I think i read something like 75% of kaberles assists have come on the PP.  Thats all fine and dandy but if the other team is disciplined and doesnt take PP's that doesnt help us much.  Look what SJ and Det did to us.  I think this move is a start but there will need to be an addition at wing somewhere. Especially moving Wheeler leaves an even bigger hole at wing likely to be vacated by Seguin while Kelly takes his Center spot.  Not sure i am thrilled with that.
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

I don't know what time range your looking at (Career?), but this season 22 of 35 assists have come on the PP, slightly over 60%.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Usually Dreger is right. Looking at Dr. CC's chart add Wheeler and Boychuck and it equals Kaberle. Of course Burke will love Wheeler. Size, speed, good Pk skills, maybe Toronto can teach him how to finish where Claude's troops never could.
    Posted by bogie6

But, Burke will only love Wheeler if he has reason to believe Wheeler will sign, right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Theres something fishy going on..Haggerty just tweeted that CJ just told him that there are some "things" that "might" affect the Bruins lineup tonight. 
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

What do you think?  Wheeler and Stuart? Hopefully not Stuart... would love to see Boychuk disappear...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal : I don't know what time range your looking at (Career?), but this season 22 of 35 assists have come on the PP, slightly over 60%.
    Posted by RickyHussle

Sorry i got the #s reversed i thought i saw 25 were on the PP out of 32 my apologies

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal : What do you think?  Wheeler and Stuart? Hopefully not Stuart... would love to see Boychuk disappear...
    Posted by islamorada

I will keep you updated i am waiting for more tweets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal : But, Burke will only love Wheeler if he has reason to believe Wheeler will sign, right? Posted by RickyHussle

Wheels is an RFA so Blake really doesn't have a choice not like he and is agent have numbers to hold out or force a trade...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Hags just tweeted 2 deals getting close.  kaberle to Boston and Stuart going to Black Hawks?  3 team deal or separate?  I am waiting for more info.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal : What do you think?  Wheeler and Stuart? Hopefully not Stuart... would love to see Boychuk disappear...Posted by islamorada

In the Dregger Report it said the deal is waiting on another piece so that must mean to me Chiarelli has to move out another salary.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal : Wheels is an RFA so Blake really doesn't have a choice not like he and is agent have numbers to hold out or force a trade...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Very good point, noone's giving up the compensation to get him, and a second holdout certainly isn't sending him in the direction he needs to go in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRJ7. Show BRJ7's posts

The B's are believed to be sending Blake Wheeler and a draft pick to Toronto, and also shipping Stuart to the Blackhawks for salary cap relief.

http://www.csnne.com/02/17/11/Bruins-getting-close-on-dual-deals/landing_bruins.html?blockID=412590&feedID=3944

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

It makes the Leafs weaker, and the Bruins stronger.  That's great if the Bruins held on to the TOR 1st pick and traded the BOS 1st pick.

GET IT DONE !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Chia has been obsessed with Kaberle for 4 years which means this is a bad move.

Keep in mind, if these moves do not deliver a Cup, he's failed for another season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

So no one in here thinks that Kaberle is softer than a baby's bottom?

Dude is softserve vanilla swirl.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

So no one in here thinks that Kaberle is softer than a baby's bottom? Dude is softserve vanilla swirl.
    Posted by FerenceONpoint

I'm not that concerned with softness, honestly.  I mean if we were getting a tougher, younger, more defensive minded guy with all the offense he will bring, obviously you can see the price is heading into a different stratosphere.  I know your only asking for tougher here, but toughness doesn't seem to be a team need to me.  He does fill the biggest team need, and his deficiencies are what makes him affordable.  IMO if he comes in and is average defensively this trade is the perfect deal for the B's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If you're getting someone primarily for the Powerplay; and toughness is not a concern on the powerplay; then Kaberle's toughness should not really be an issue.

That said, I am not really excited about this guy.  I wanted someone younger.  I will be very interested in how much the B's are giving up for him...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Just read this.  If he's right on Wheeler, I have no clue what where giving.  Just our first.  FWIW, I assume he is right.

Bob McKenzie
    As to BOS radio report, my take, FWIW: 0 chance Kaberle deal today; Wheeler not part of it but likely to move elsewhere if Kaberle deal done

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

This could be the reason for the Stuart to Chicago rumours. If the B's do get Kaberle without shipping a warm body in return they are going to have to find some other way to shed some salary...

Just read this.  If he's right on Wheeler, I have no clue what where giving.  Just our first.  FWIW, I assume he is right. TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie As to BOS radio report, my take, FWIW: 0 chance Kaberle deal today; Wheeler not part of it but likely to move elsewhere if Kaberle deal done 34 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Posted by RickyHussle

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Kaberle and Bourque's names should not even be in the same sentence, especially in comparison!!!   Don't get me wrong, I like Kabs but come on.  NiowIn Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal :
    Posted by bnice0015

Of course I'm not insinuating Kaberle is the next Ray Bourque.  As far as the PP is concerned, he will be the first true QB on the PP since him.  He is exactly what we've been lacking back there and is the solution to the problem.  So when we're discussing the PP (our biggest problem), you absolutely can compare him to Bourque, but you're correct in that the comparison ends right there.  Chara and Kaberle will be dynamic on the man advantage.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamBamNeely. Show BamBamNeely's posts

Who was the pucking moving dman that was on the powerplay when we were second in the East in pp% in 2008? Dennis Wideman.  What about 2003 when we were 4th in the east in pp%? Bryan Berard and Dan McGillis?  Come on you are putting too much on Kaberle here he is not the dman that we need.  I am thinking of a guy more like Liles, Bogo, Brewer or maybe ron hainsey

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Who was the pucking moving dman that was on the powerplay when we were second in the East in pp% in 2008? Dennis Wideman.  What about 2003 when we were 4th in the east in pp%? Bryan Berard and Dan McGillis?  Come on you are putting too much on Kaberle here he is not the dman that we need.  I am thinking of a guy more like Liles, Bogo, Brewer or maybe ron hainsey
    Posted by BamBamNeely

To be fair Berard played very well in 2003, way beyond expectations.  If Kaberle can match that level, and I think most assume he will surpass it, then I feel we should be pleased. Pending the cost of course, but by all accounts we are not giving up a potential star unless that's what you call an unknown draft pick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal : To be fair Berard played very well in 2003, way beyond expectations.  If Kaberle can match that level, and I think most assume he will surpass it, then I feel we should be pleased. Pending the cost of course, but by all accounts we are not giving up a potential star unless that's what you call an unknown draft pick.
    Posted by RickyHussle

Right on!  I think its' fair to expect more from Kaberle than Bryan Berard.  Obviously that guy just doesn't want to like Kaberle.  Which is fine.  Also, please don't mention Wideman.  C'mon man!

Sections
Shortcuts