Kaberle Done Deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Kaberle Done Deal

Wideman had one bad year here.  If  not for him, Boston loses to Philly in 5 last year.

At least Wideman was good with transition and on the PP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal:
    In Response to Re: Kaberle Done Deal : Right on!  I think its' fair to expect more from Kaberle than Bryan Berard.  Obviously that guy just doesn't want to like Kaberle.  Which is fine.  Also, please don't mention Wideman.  C'mon man!
    Posted by CamOJonasink

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=4643

If you really want to take him to task he gave you some decent ammo.  Looking at this roster, I seem to remember that Rolston may actually have been the No. 1 pp QB on that team with Berard being No. 2.  translate that to now and I think our 1, 2 punch with Kampfer playing on the second unit can be better then that teams.

But you know it's all speculation and in reality, I do understand the point the other poster was making.  I'm just having some fun, because I'm superjacked, if the price is anywhere near what is being speculated, certainly not because I think Kaberle is a superstar who makes us an elite team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Wideman had one bad year here.  If  not for him, Boston loses to Philly in 5 last year. At least Wideman was good with transition and on the PP.
    Posted by BBReigns

Does Kaberle not fill both of these roles?  I was under the impression he does.  If thats not the case I will be dissappointed.  Or are you just answering the jab from above regarding Wideman?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Answering the jab. Yes, he fills them. My point was now Chia is seeking a replacement for that when he sold the fans on Horton as a difference making 30 goal scorer.

Further, if Horton was that piece that Chia said he was, this team wouldn't also still need a legit scoring winger.

If these are the only two moves, Boston will need Horton and Ryder to get hot and stay hot.

They cannot afford both to be streaky in April.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

The Horton projection was based on having a healthy Mark Savard.  That being said he does need to step up.  They all do!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Answering the jab. Yes, he fills them. My point was now Chia is seeking a replacement for that when he sold the fans on Horton as a difference making 30 goal scorer. Further, if Horton was that piece that Chia said he was, this team wouldn't also still need a legit scoring winger. If these are the only two moves, Boston will need Horton and Ryder to get hot and stay hot. They cannot afford both to be streaky in April.
    Posted by BBReigns

I agree.  I will only add that I thought Horton would net at least 30.  And I think if you looked up projections put out by respected writers you would probably find they expected the same.

IMO if you really want to cash in and go all out, you almost need two more top 6 wings, mostly due to the failures of Horton thus far.  I don't see anyway in heck that's possible unless someone is willing to gamble on Horton in the future.  Or if someone takes Ryder presumably with a high pick or prospect for a more productive player.

CAM: I do not agree that the problem has much to do with Savard.  That would insinuate his linemates should be held more accountable then He himself. 

Sections
Shortcuts