Kaberle for Colborne and 1st

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Kaberle for Colborne and 1st

another thought.  Kaberle gets dented and then this all looks really bad.

The silver lining might be that this makes the Leafs a lot worse and we get a crack at the #1 overall - or close to it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle for Colborne and 1st:
    the kelly addition doesnt make sense to me, it forces PC to clear that cap space by getting rid of wheeler and/or stuart/paille etc.  i don't neccessarily think that makes them better.  I wouldnt trade wheeler for kelly straight up thats for sure.  I'm hoping its a set up for something much bigger but if we add kaberle all other trades after that are salary in = salary out.
    Posted by Seabasshole

If your adding a Dand weren't going to carry 8 then letting go of Stuart doesn't hurt.  If Kelly is good enough to make Paille expendable, then you may hear me cheering from wherever you are.  Forcing Ryder, Wheeler and Seguin to compete for 3rd line minutes to me is an ideal situation. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

well said callodthedom19. couldn't of said it better myself. kaberle has as many assist on just the power play (22) as any defensemen on the bruins has total(21 by chara is the most) the last 2 additions  have made this team much better now! and all for the cost of a 1st 2nd and joe colbourne and maybe a cap room move with staurt(who been a healthy scratchy for awhile now) who is likeable but limited. great job front office.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

another thought.  Kaberle gets dented and then this all looks really bad. The silver lining might be that this makes the Leafs a lot worse and we get a crack at the #1 overall - or close to it.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Or if Chara, Thomas,  Krejci or Bergeron go down this is also a bad deal since we are no longer a contender, but I think you have to take that risk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

I'm not crazy about the Kaberle deal either but if guys like Fisher and Versteeg are commanding 1st rd picks + other assets, and you can fill a need they desperatley need to improve on is it not worth it?

And if your for throwing all your chips at Richards who will probably walk to test a very weak FA market, start with the Tor 1st pick and Krejci...to start.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmakowski. Show bmakowski's posts

He's not worth this package.  Plus, Colborne has Wheeler's size and better potential.  What happened to going after a scoring, top 6 forward?

The silver lining for me is that the salary dumps to follow, whether it be Wheeler or Stuart or someone else, will probably net us more draft picks than we're giving up on the whole.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

He's not worth this package.  Plus, Colborne has Wheeler's size and better potential.  What happened to going after a scoring, top 6 forward? The silver lining for me is that the salary dumps to follow, whether it be Wheeler or Stuart or someone else, will probably net us more draft picks than we're giving up on the whole.  
    Posted by bmakowski

How does he have better potential then Wheeler, merely because he's younger.  his perceived flaws are actually very  similar to Wheeler's.  He has 26 points in Providence this year.  I believe at his age Wheeler was putting up more points in the NHL then that.  I think sometimes we fall in Love with what we don' know.  I was very excited about this kid.  He was going to be a fun project to watch.    From what I've read nobody really knows what he will be, they only talk about his ceiling. We have enough high ceilings in my opinion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

He's not worth this package.  Plus, Colborne has Wheeler's size and better potential.  What happened to going after a scoring, top 6 forward? The silver lining for me is that the salary dumps to follow, whether it be Wheeler or Stuart or someone else, will probably net us more draft picks than we're giving up on the whole.  
    Posted by bmakowski

That's what makes this a good trade. Say we get a 2nd and a 2nd for both. It's a good trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Don't mind the risk approach, but I also do not get why he had such a hard on for Kaberle, exclusively.

This only led to Burke probably winning this deal.

Now, Chia has to deal one of the younger chips on the roster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

This would be an AWFUL trade for the Bs. I'll be calling for PC's head if this goes through
    Posted by pbergeron37

How so?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

The B's pick will probably be 25th or later and I think that Colbourne has slipped down the Bruins depth chart.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from myoung125. Show myoung125's posts

By not envolving Wheeler, how does Kaberle fit under the cap?

and is anyone else worried about trading a prospect and a no1 pick for a possible Wideman??? I am not sold on this guy... I watched the B's forwards out work/steal the puck from him at least 3 times in the game on Tuesday.

His assist that I recall was in the neutral zone, too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

*** - Editor's Note from Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie at 12:19pm et: It appears as if Tomas Kaberle has been asked to waive his NTC to go to the Boston Bruins. There is every reason to believe he will sign it and the deal will now unfold.

BBB

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

For everyone who's saying, "Player X for Kaberle straight up - but not the pick" please answer this: Why in the world would Toronto make that trade?!?  Honestly?  THINK. 

They're re-building and they are looking for draft picks.  They're not going to take Mark freaking Stuart straight up for Kaberle.... why would they?  Just to help the Bruins?

Let's get a grip, people.  Use some logic.  You can't just look at it from the Bruins' perspective... Unbelievable.  Everyone wants something for nothing.  There's no such thing as a free lunch.

And, BadHab - "Kaberle gets dented and then this all looks really bad."

Yeah, and if Thomas and Rask fall out of the plane on the way back from Ottawa, that won't go over well, either.   If Kaberle gets hurt after we acquire him, it doesn't "look bad" - it's just unfortunate luck.  The trade is still the trade and any subsequent injury doesn't change anything about it.

In that same vein, "Kaberle goes on a tear, scores 40 pts in 24 games, then this all looks really good."

"What ifs" are useless...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

yesterday it was wheeler and the pick...do the deal today before it's Seguin and the pick tomorrow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

This is stupid to include Colborne, he is the future of the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

TSNBobMcKenzie
    1. Colborne, Boston's 1st in 2011 and a conditional pick for Kaberle the basis of the trade. Trade call still has to be made to close the deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Too expensive for a rental particularly given that he picked Boston. Even if he signs long term, I would have still liked to keep either the pick or Colborne. I would have been fine with Wheeler, Ference or Stuart straight up.
    Posted by BadHabitude

What the heck are Toronto going to do with these guys "straight up?"  How does that help them at all?

Free lunch...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

yesterday it was wheeler and the pick...do the deal today before it's Seguin and the pick tomorrow.
    Posted by kelvana33

That's what I was thinking too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

TSNBobMcKenzie Colborne, Boston's 1st in 2011 and a conditional pick for Kaberle the basis of the trade. Trade call still has to be made to close the deal. less than 5 seconds ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® B B B
    Posted by NorthernB

Interesting...and not in a good way. The price seems to be going up. I guess Burke's trash talk of "other interested parties" seems to be working...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

I am now reading that there is potentially a conditional draft pick(if he resigns?) thrown in as well on tsn.ca

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

wonder if Kaberle has his visa cleared to go from southern Ontario to North eastern......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Most of you are spinning your wheels. We'll all know what the deal is when it's done, even McKenzie. Colborne is a very good PROSPECT. That's the word to think about. Kaberle is an EXPERIENCED NHL defenseman. The pick, or picks are complete guestimates. The Bruins now have Kreji/Bergeron/Kelly/Campbell, all very competent NHL centers. Hopefully they will dump Boychuck, and I really wish that they would sit Thornton because he adds zero value no matter how eager he is to please. He's a great Bruin in spirit, but not in performance. I also wish REX would retire or play on the 4th line, but I'm convinced that Claude doesn't have that much imagination or willingness to go with speed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

A vey good prospect and a pick somewhere in the 20's?(dare I dream 30th) Ina weak draft year?

Fine trade

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

This is stupid to include Colborne, he is the future of the team.
    Posted by Bruinsfanforever

This is bordering on the level of a Stanley Statement regarding Wheeler, no?

Sections
Shortcuts