Kaberle the Hab

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Kaberle the Hab

He'll do much better there, their power play fits him perfectly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/09/canes-gm-on-signing-kaberle-i-shouldve-known-better/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

My thoughts exactly Kel - give Kaberle a few options for who will rip the one timer and he gets proportionally better.  Subban to the left, Camellieri in the right circle are both pretty solid options, and he does make a nice pass for the one-timer.

I can see a bit of sense in that last year's Shabs survived and almost thrived on goaltending and shot-blocking at one end and the PP at the other.  They need the PP to be better, though, because even Spacek can only block so many shots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Could this trade open the door for the Bruins to make a trade with Carolina? The B's could send Corvo, Kampfer or boychuck with Caron, or hamill or someone else from Providence to get a forward from them?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxFanPeds. Show BoSoxFanPeds's posts

Did they have to give a number one prospect and a 1st & 2nd to get him???  To bring in Karberle, that was way too much to give up, I'm still fuming over that one.  For Montreal to get him Good Luck.. He was an all-star at one point wasn't he??  I don't know what has happened to him and his deterioration in him play.  I hope its not from oversleeping!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I clicked on the link and thought "Oh, please don't let this be one of those weak threads with proposals masked as fact!"

It's not.

What a terrible deal.  How anyone would want that guy at that money is beyond me.  As mentioned before, he's fine with limited minutes.   $4.25M does not allow for limited minutes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

I think Kaberle could guarantee Mtl a playoff spot...  Ha Ha Ha Ha just F**k'n with ya!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

I bet $3 mil with the B's looks great now you turd!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab:
    [QUOTE]Could this trade open the door for the Bruins to make a trade with Carolina? The B's could send Corvo, Kampfer or boychuck with Caron, or hamill or someone else from Providence to get a forward from them?
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE]

Eric S.? I love you...I mean your reasoning skills...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Great trade for the b's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

There's only one reason they went and get Kaberle and it's for their PP.  A small team like the Habs if does not have a PP that works can kiss the playoffs goodbye.
    They think he can feed Subban and/or Cammalleri the puck and set them up for onetimers.
    Only problem is EVERYONE knows this .
    Wait a minute isn't that what we were saying in March ? 
    In short short short term he might account for some production but it won't take long till every team knows what he's with the puck and shut that down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

This trade just about guarantees a finish in 9th or 10th for the Habs. I CANNOT believe they traded for this bag of pucks! I think we've just been guaranteed a playoff berth! Montreal was one of the teams I was concerned about because of Price, but he's gonna see a whole lot more rubber! Can't wait for the next B's-Habs tilt! Yeehaaa!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

For the next two years, the Canadiens have veterans with huge contracts with no trade value.  Gomez, Cammalleri, Gionta, Markov, Cole, and now Kaberle.  Incredible!  They could have kept Spacek and lose his $4M contract at the end of the year - but no - they made this INCREDIBLY SILLY deal.

Do I care?  No, I'm a Bruins fan.  But the Habs moves are so difficult to understand. 

I really hope they finish 11th.  Will be fun to watch the local media eat them up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]there's soft, then there's kaberle soft. he's right where he belongs.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Very nice and true!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Kaberle the Hab:
    [QUOTE]Good....now he can turn the puck over more.  AGAINST the B's! http://www.nesn.com/2011/12/report-tomas-kaberle-traded-to-canadiens-for-jaroslav-spacek.html
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Great day for the city of Boston ...3 years of hell for the habs fans ...this is more than I was expected for Christmas ...so funny ...lol lol lol lol

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

This is the defination of insanity...teams keep making the same mistake and expecting a different result.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I find this all very amusing. 

I listened to TSN 990 when this news broke and the fans, including some of the radio hosts, i.e., Marinaro & Tiemen, were just scratching their heads. The tone was like a bereavement with the hosts painfully trying to stay positive and trying not to get too negative.  Classic!

Many fans calling in were SO upset (911-like upset).  Many called for the heads of Jacque Martin and GM Pierre Gauthier.

A few callers complained that they want the Habs to be not so boring and to be a tougher team!  Tougher?  HAHAHA.......get rid of the Thesbian coach!

I love watching this implosion......more to come, I'm sure...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I saw an interview with Habs GM Gauthier who said the team was pleased to be acquiring a player "still in his prime."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I saw an interview with Habs GM Gauthier who said the team was pleased to be acquiring a player "still in his prime."
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    RHO, I'll b the 1st one to say that Kaberle will put up good numbers on the PP with Subban. We'll see how much everyone is laughing 2-3 weeks from now. We'll pick up this conversation then.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : RHO, I'll b the 1st one to say that Kaberle will put up good numbers on the PP with Subban. We'll see how much everyone is laughing 2-3 weeks from now. We'll pick up this conversation then.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

dez , feeding someone for one timers and getting points is not what solely makes a good player. He might get points off of the Habs PP ( and he will ) but let's also talk about the rest of what he's doing ( or not doing ) also.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : RHO, I'll b the 1st one to say that Kaberle will put up good numbers on the PP with Subban. We'll see how much everyone is laughing 2-3 weeks from now. We'll pick up this conversation then.

i hope you're wrong and he becomes just another bad contract on the habs' books.  however, i'm thinking you might be right about kaberle the haberle.  he'll probably be a consistent 50-60 point guy again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : dez , feeding someone for one timers and getting points is not what solely makes a good player. He might get points off of the Habs PP ( and he will ) but let's also talk about the rest of what he's doing ( or not doing ) also.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure where I implied it was. I'm just amused by those who feel Montreal will go in the tank simply by replacing Spacek (who's soft with no offensive upside) with Kaberle. They aren't bringing in Kaberle to play a shut-down role. They'll want him to help the PP and improve the breakout. He can do both things.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : I'm not sure where I implied it was. I'm just amused by those who feel Montreal will go in the tank simply by replacing Spacek (who's soft with no offensive upside) with Kaberle. They aren't bringing in Kaberle to play a shut-down role. They'll want him to help the PP and improve the breakout. He can do both things.

The Canes and Bruins thought the same thing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I see Kaberle as a player in decline and possibly a rapid decline.  Like a Paul Coffey rapid decline wouldn't surprise me. 

What I think is most likely is that he will be round about 40 pts plus or minus a few, with the last year of that contract ending up a buyout when his career goes into a total tailspin.

Here's where things might be bad for the Habs and then end up good.  That they are horrible for a couple or 3 more years and end up getting 3 really good draft picks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : The Canes and Bruins thought the same thing.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Chowdah, the Boston organization wasn't crushed by the results. I'll be real impressed if the Canes now turn it all around with Spacek.Like I said, we can revisit this in a few weeks. Cheers!