Kaberle the Hab

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Kaberle the Hab

In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : RHO, I'll b the 1st one to say that Kaberle will put up good numbers on the PP with Subban. We'll see how much everyone is laughing 2-3 weeks from now. We'll pick up this conversation then.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

dez - Fair enough.  There's no guarantee the Habs will be getting the Carolina Kaberle.  With that sad sack club he played like a sad sack.  The move might rejuvenate him.  In case it doesn't he's more than experienced in facing the heat from fans in a hockey-nuts city after playing here in T. O. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : i hope you're wrong and he becomes just another bad contract on the habs' books.  however, i'm thinking you might be right about kaberle the haberle.  he'll probably be a consistent 50-60 point guy again.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Good one!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : Chowdah, the Boston organization wasn't crushed by the results. I'll be real impressed if the Canes now turn it all around with Spacek.Like I said, we can revisit this in a few weeks. Cheers!

It's easy to hide the warts when there are many ways of covering them up. Have a good day !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : It's easy to hide the warts when there are many ways of covering them up. Have a good day !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    You too buddy. A Bruins win will help a lot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : RHO, I'll b the 1st one to say that Kaberle will put up good numbers on the PP with Subban. We'll see how much everyone is laughing 2-3 weeks from now. We'll pick up this conversation then.

I agree. He will thrive on their power play, which they live and die with, but there is also more to his game than just the power play. Like I've stated before in other threads, I would have liked to see what he would have doen in Boston this year with a full training camp under his belt. Obviously, Carolina was not a fit, and he struggled. but, is that team playing horrible all his fault?
    He was not nearly as bad here as people are saying. Did he help the power play? No, has it really improved that much with Corvo?
    They won a Cup with him and he played a big part in it. He has his faults, but as far as going back to his end, the puck retrieval and getting the pass up, there isnt many better in the league than him. Very underrated part of the game, gets the whole play going. How many goals did the Bruins score on the rush last year during the Cup run? That is his biggest strength.
    I remember gong to a playoff game last year, Kaberle was going to get the puck from behind his net, i turned to my buddy and said "watch how smooth he does this and how the play develops from here." ...5 minutes later, Seidenberg had the same scenario, i said, "now watch this"....big difference

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : I agree. He will thrive on their power play, which they live and die with, but there is also more to his game than just the power play. Like I've stated before in other threads, I would have liked to see what he would have doen in Boston this year with a full training camp under his belt. Obviously, Carolina was not a fit, and he struggled. but, is that team playing horrible all his fault? He was not nearly as bad here as people are saying. Did he help the power play? No, has it really improved that much with Corvo? They won a Cup with him and he played a big part in it. He has his faults, but as far as going back to his end, the puck retrieval and getting the pass up, there isnt many better in the league than him. Very underrated part of the game, gets the whole play going. How many goals did the Bruins score on the rush last year during the Cup run? That is his biggest strength. I remember gong to a playoff game last year, Kaberle was going to get the puck from behind his net, i turned to my buddy and said "watch how smooth he does this and how the play develops from here." ...5 minutes later, Seidenberg had the same scenario, i said, "now watch this"....big difference
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel, I just mentioned in another thread how good Wideman is with the 1st pass too. It's an incredibly important part of the game but one that is overlooked by most fans. Oh well. I hope Corvo can get better at it soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Dez as I was saying in my earlier posts is everyone knows he will be trying to dish the puck to Subban or on the half wall to a forward.  That was the problem with Boston.  Easy to defend against , that is teams that do their homework.
    Carolina also relied on their PP ,  Skinner and Staal thrive on it but it didn't work there. 
    The issue here is will the assists he gets on PP (if many) outweigh his weak defense in his own end ? 
    At the very most he'll even out but that does not make the Habs a better team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : Dez as I was saying in my earlier posts is everyone knows he will be trying to dish the puck to Subban or on the half wall to a forward.  That was the problem with Boston.  Easy to defend against , that is teams that do their homework. Carolina also relied on their PP ,  Skinner and Staal thrive on it but it didn't work there.  The issue here is will the assists he gets on PP (if many) outweigh his weak defense in his own end ?  At the very most he'll even out but that does not make the Habs a better team.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    As much as I love Chara, he hasn't got the foot speed to fill lanes the way that Subban and some of the smaller Montreal forwards do. In Boston, setting up Zee is essentially feeding a stationary target. The one thing Kaberle does very well will be better utilized in Montreal (or so I think). We'll get our 1st look in just over 2 hours (CBC).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : Kel, I just mentioned in another thread how good Wideman is with the 1st pass too. It's an incredibly important part of the game but one that is overlooked by most fans. Oh well. I hope Corvo can get better at it soon.

and speaking of Wideman he's pretty darn good on the PP.  In 08-09 the Bruins PP did pretty well.
    Corvo last game just before  Panthers scored made a nice play on a Seidenberg pinch and could have saved a goal.  The goal that finally went in all started with a turnover and the forwards not making back on time. 
    Sure we always blame the D on goals and we always look at what D was on to blame a goal on  but turnovers and counter play a big part when getting scored upon .
    In the end on that goal , defensive coverage (D and Forwards) was array and both Krejci and Corvo looked like the sacrificial lambs.  Keystone cops (for you jaywall).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : and speaking of Wideman he's pretty darn good on the PP.  In 08-09 the Bruins PP did pretty well. Corvo last game just before  Panthers scored made a nice play on a Seidenberg pinch and could have saved a goal.  The goal that finally went in all started with a turnover and the forwards not making back on time.  Sure we always blame the D on goals and we always look at what D was on to blame a goal on  but turnovers and counter play a big part when getting scored upon . In the end on that goal , defensive coverage (D and Forwards) was array and both Krejci and Corvo looked like the sacrificial lambs.  Keystone cops (for you jaywall).
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    The Panther goal was definitely more the forwards fault than the D. 1 of the forwards needs to take the trailer and they failed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : I agree. He will thrive on their power play, which they live and die with, but there is also more to his game than just the power play. Like I've stated before in other threads, I would have liked to see what he would have doen in Boston this year with a full training camp under his belt. Obviously, Carolina was not a fit, and he struggled. but, is that team playing horrible all his fault? He was not nearly as bad here as people are saying. Did he help the power play? No, has it really improved that much with Corvo? They won a Cup with him and he played a big part in it. He has his faults, but as far as going back to his end, the puck retrieval and getting the pass up, there isnt many better in the league than him. Very underrated part of the game, gets the whole play going. How many goals did the Bruins score on the rush last year during the Cup run? That is his biggest strength. I remember gong to a playoff game last year, Kaberle was going to get the puck from behind his net, i turned to my buddy and said "watch how smooth he does this and how the play develops from here." ...5 minutes later, Seidenberg had the same scenario, i said, "now watch this"....big difference
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Paying a guy over $4 mil a year for the next 3 years is a lot of money for a guy that can retrieve the puck and get the pass up ( when he isn't losing it behind the net ), but if the Habs are happy with him, good for them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab :  I remember gong to a playoff game last year, Kaberle was going to get the puck from behind his net, i turned to my buddy and said "watch how smooth he does this and how the play develops from here." ...5 minutes later, Seidenberg had the same scenario, i said, "now watch this"....big difference Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Bad comparison not the same is expected of Siedenberg and Corvo but I know who gets more minutes in the playoffs and who I trust when two fourcheckers are coing down on the two, Siedenberg hands down.

Corvo will drop his gloves to protect teammates and hits the opposing players, Kaberle avoids both like the plague. Just like Kaberle with the Bruins, Corvo only has one sniper who can onetime it and has too listen to a terrible PP coach.

You are way off especially when it comes to the cost!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think it's a pretty poor reflection of Kaberle's play this year that Carolina was willing to trade him within the division, while sitting at the 15 seed!  He really must have ticked someone off down there.  Would have made more sense to move him out west, but this is just Rutherford's admission that the rebuild has begun.

I also think he will play better in Montreal; if he doesn't it will be the end of the line for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : Bad comparison not the same is expected of Siedenberg and Corvo but I know who gets more minutes in the playoffs and who I trust when two fourcheckers are coing down on the two, Siedenberg hands down. Corvo will drop his gloves to protect teammates and hits the opposing players, Kaberle avoids both like the plague. Just like Kaberle with the Bruins, Corvo only has one sniper who can onetime it and has too listen to a terrible PP coach. You are way off especially when it comes to the cost!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    He's had 1 NHL fight and it wasn't in aid of a teammate. He's made 10 hits this year and I don't remember any of them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I justed saw Kaberle shoot the puck 5 times on 1 PP. I know it sounds crazy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]I justed saw Kaberle shoot the puck 5 times on 1 PP. I know it sounds crazy.

He's fighting for his career!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : He's fighting for his career!
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    He's playing like it. He trails only PK Suban in ice time on both teams. The Habs last PP looked awesome. It's now 1-0 Habs after a PP goal. Yes, he set it up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]I justed saw Kaberle shoot the puck 5 times on 1 PP. I know it sounds crazy.
    Were they all on net ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : Were they all on net ?
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    4 blocked on the way through. Devils already have 8 blocked shots.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : Were they all on net ? Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Not a one and Kaberle would still run n hide if confronted but who cares he's a great passer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Very fitting he's been shipped to the Bleu, Blanc & Rouge. Last stop before he's put to pasture.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : Not a one and Kaberle would still run n hide if confronted but who cares he's a great passer.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    2-0 Habs. Both on the PP, both assisted by......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : 2-0 Habs. Both on the PP, both assisted by......

Nice way to start with the new club. I'm sure the change of scenery is welcomed by him. HOwever, I won't hold my breath that he'll contribute too much on a consistent basis.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Just a reminder to all. Remember how great Kaberle looked after his first game with the B's. The comments on this board were close to being euphoric...... Whoops hold on Kaberle on the ice 2-1 ( -1 for the game ).......OK back to what I was trying to say . Let's hold off on mailing in the James Norris to him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle the Hab : Nice way to start with the new club. I'm sure the change of scenery is welcomed by him. HOwever, I won't hold my breath that he'll contribute too much on a consistent basis.....
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]
    That's the 1 word you can absolutely use to describe Kaberle. He's had at least 30 points for 11 straight seasons while topping out at 67 (averaged 46). He's the 2nd highest scoring D since the lockout.