Kaberle to be new Bruins D-man in the next 72 hours

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Kaberle to be new Bruins D-man in the next 72 hours

It has just been announced that Tomas Kaberle will only approve a trade to the Bruins. Chiarelli will make this trade official in the next 72 hours. The rumor has it that it will be a 2nd round pick (future considerations draft pick) from LA Kings.

Now with Chris Kelly traded to the Bruins, who is next on PC's list?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Kaberle to be new Bruins D-man in the next 72 hours

source?  believe it or not, as shocking as it may be, there have been one, maybe 2 unsubstantiated rumors that have been floated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Hahaha.  When Boston received "future considerations" from LA for Marco Sturm they were talking about a second round draft pick?

You must be high.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

It was announced a couple days ago that he would approve a trade...and only for Boston. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

We do not have the cap space to trade picks for Kaberle.  We will need to send atleast Wheeler to clear enough cap space.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle to be new Bruins D-man in the next 72 hours:
    We do not have the cap space to trade picks for Kaberle.  We will need to send atleast Wheeler to clear enough cap space.
    Posted by Orrthebest

Great--send him already. Throw in Paille, too, if it makes them happy. Kaberle and Kelly would be slight improvements--but not at all near enough for the Bruins to be 2nd round losers yet again.

PC needs to pull magic out of the hat w/the Tor. draft pick and land a big BIG fish for the Bruins to get anywhere in the post season this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Burke i doubt would trade Kaberle for just a 2nd round pick. It will take at least our 1st round pick or to include someone like Kampfer. PC is trying to avoid giving up both and thats why the talks are going nowhere i assume

Burke really has no use for guys like wheeler and stuart on the leafs roster. And a 2nd round pick is not enough

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from christy11. Show christy11's posts

I am awaiting a more Neely look to this team.  We will be competing again with the Flyers to move on in the playoffs.  Find those players to keep us in that vein.  Kaberle is an addition but don't think he matches up well against the bigger, tougher teams.  If you were at the Flyers games last year in the end, we just got pushed around and lost.  Sad to see and many of us have been waiting since '72 to get back the Cup.  Hope Kelly pans out for the Bs but big, strong, tough Defensemen is what the Doctor orders to move forward. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

A first round pick for Kaberle is too high. He only has a few years left in the NHL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Actually we do now that Savard is on LTIR. That being said I think Wheeler and a conditonal 3rd rounder will be sent the other way which will be flipped to a 2nd rounder if Kaberle is signed to an extension.....

Posted by Orrthebest

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Unless he has approved a trade since the Bs/Leafs game then its not true. It was adamantly stated tuesday night he had not approved a trade. Both GMs admitted they talked but not about who.
    You wanna seriously make a deal with Burke then go after schenn.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Doubtful they will trade Shenn....the infamous T.O. media has built this guy up to be the next superstar captain of the leafs.....it would take a sweet offer on our part and, after seeing him play a lot, I honestly doubt he will be worth it. Besides, we have enough stay-at-home types at the moment which is our problem in the first place....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

If the Bruins are going to go deep in the playoffs, they absolutley need a defensemen like Kaberle. Chara is pulling too many minutes, as has been the case since his arrival. Kelly is a very nice pickup but a defensemen who can move the puck, and have enough impact to lower the minutes Chara is on the ice is an imperative. 

Side bar: I think Clauuuude's sitting Steve Kampfer during the Sunday's game against Detroit was a bush league move. Kampfer is from the Detroit area and had a large contingent of family and friends attending the game. Now, I know Kampfer has struggled of late, but does sitting him and replacing him with Mark Stuart really going to make any difference? In my opinion no. 

Also, I'm going to start putting a quarter in jar everytime our boy Johny Boychuk misses the net with one his slap shot bombs - should be able to purchase a case of good brew within a couple of weeks or something nice for the Mrs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Wheeler and a 2nd

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

This is most likely...

Wheeler and a 2nd
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Wheeler and a 2nd
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

At most. The 2nd should be conditional on Kaberle re-signing. Otherwise, deal should be straight up Wheeler for Kaberle.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Kaberle to be new Bruins D-man in the next 72 hours:
    It has just been announced that Tomas Kaberle will only approve a trade to the Bruins. Chiarelli will make this trade official in the next 72 hours. The rumor has it that it will be a 2nd round pick (future considerations draft pick) from LA Kings. Now with Chris Kelly traded to the Bruins, who is next on PC's list?
    Posted by Camperpete

will make no difference anyway.  If anyone thinks ONE player is the issue with this team/organization, you are dillusional

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Declan26. Show Declan26's posts

Kaberla is not worth either of our 1st round picks, he's not a game changer, or elite talent worthy of a first round pick. 2nd round, sure. Throw in Wheeler as well, to make the money work. In no sane way would you put Kampfer in this package, he's what we need, and he'll hopefully only be better next year with a pro year under his belt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueoxen. Show blueoxen's posts

We don't need an old puck moving rent a defenseman!!! Stop believing the TO media.  How 'bout a puck moving or goal scoring forward?  We already tried Derek Morris.

How soon we forget!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonrob13. Show bostonrob13's posts

Side bar: I think Clauuuude's sitting Steve Kampfer during the Sunday's game against Detroit was a bush league move. Kampfer is from the Detroit area and had a large contingent of family and friends attending the game. Now, I know Kampfer has struggled of late, but does sitting him and replacing him with Mark Stuart really going to make any difference? In my opinion no.

Originally I had the same thought especially since he had so many tickets, but I saw a quote somewhere that said they really wanted to make sure he took note of the Detroit defensemen and their puck moving skills. I'm sure they would have tried to pick a different game, but it's a great learning experience and the Bruins shouldn't let outside circumstances ruin that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snowflake123. Show snowflake123's posts

I remember Derek and them trading him mid season.

I'd give them Wheeler and maybe a prospect for Kaberle, but a first rounder--no no no way.

I still think we need more defensive players, a good defensive goal scoring forward, or even just a fast forward that can score on the PP, I'll take that, they can take Wheelers place or even Ryder's (yeah, i know he's got a lot of points this season but his play for a veteran is way too inconsistent for my tastes)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

We cant give Wheeler for Kaberle ...no way ...

I say F....Kaberle , Burke is too demanding he is trying to fix his Kessel's trade...

Lets work on another deal ....Zack Bogosian for Wheeler ...I would think about it twice but it could be a Yes ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Wheeler and TOR's 1st if you want Bogosian

Sections
Shortcuts