Kaberle.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Kaberle.

Seeing Cookes' shot get blocked and then lead to the tying goal put a huge smile on my face.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Kaberle.

I agree!  Bs almost lucky to get a point out of this one.  Let's see if they can get th scond one now!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I guess Bs got what they deserve.  They really are terrible in OT and it is not the only year!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

He definitely stole them a point in this game.  Could have been two, but Sidenberg made sure that didn't happen

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Great play by Kaberle but you guys are right= the B's in OT are pretty bad.  The only thing worse is their shootout record.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Funny, I didn't even notice Kaberle tonight until he blocked that shot by a$$breath.  Oh well, pick up the pieces and move on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Kaberle.:
    [QUOTE]Seeing Cookes' shot get blocked and then lead to the tying goal put a huge smile on my face.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Totally agree... but when can we expect our PP to improve???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Kaberle. : Totally agree... but when can we expect our PP to improve???
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Bruinfan - That is a good question because at present, as it appears the PP has reverted back to its largely little-movement, pedestrian style even with Kaberle at the point.  We saw the pressure it generated when he arrived. 

I've admitted before that after watching Kaberle up here in Toronto for most of his career, he's never been a favourite of mine.  However, he's one of the best for managing and straddling the blue line with the man-advantage but recently, it seems the old Bruin PP habits have died hard and resurfaced much to the detriment of the cause. 

I hope the Bruins' PP can return to the form they displayed when Kaberle first joined and at a high price.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rinkratpicks. Show rinkratpicks's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle. : Bruinfan - That is a good question because at present, as it appears the PP has reverted back to its largely little-movement, pedestrian style even with Kaberle at the point.  We saw the pressure it generated when he arrived.  I've admitted before that after watching Kaberle up here in Toronto for most of his career, he's never been a favourite of mine.  However, he's one of the best for managing and straddling the blue line with the man-advantage but recently, it seems the old Bruin PP habits have died hard and resurfaced much to the detriment of the cause.  I hope the Bruins' PP can return to the form they displayed when Kaberle first joined and at a high price.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or does it look like Kaberle is shooting a lot more now. Living in the Toronto area and watching him over the years, the one thing that always bothered me about his game was his not shooting the puck enough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Rich,  I have been carefully reading the comments of longtime Toronto watchers i.e. Kaberle.  A number have said what you do and that he gets knocked off the puck easily, etc.  Now, on the PP, it looks like the prescribed feed to Chara for a slapper is known and anticipated by the other teams.  They are setting up to defend and few of Chara's bombs are getting through.   Last night, Kaberle started shooting a few times himself, so maybe that will help.

A "high price", yes indeed. He cost a LOT and will hurt the Bs cap room a lot more if re-signed. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The good about Kaberle...great vision and the puck get out of our zone quickly when he has the puck.  The Bads he has zero confidence in his shot...too much passing on the PP someone has to tell him to shoot more.  He reminds me of Savard on the PP when he would just never shoot.  He also get knocked off the puck easilly.  I am not sure i would extend him for more than 2 years and also i would not put a no trade clause so we can eventually trade him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Rich,  I have been carefully reading the comments of longtime Toronto watchers i.e. Kaberle.  A number have said what you do and that he gets knocked off the puck easily, etc.  Now, on the PP, it looks like the prescribed feed to Chara for a slapper is known and anticipated by the other teams.  They are setting up to defend and few of Chara's bombs are getting through.   Last night, Kaberle started shooting a few times himself, so maybe that will help. A "high price", yes indeed. He cost a LOT and will hurt the Bs cap room a lot more if re-signed. 
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

CarolinaClamMan - In his brief tenure as a Bruin, we've seen Kaberle display what he was obtained to do; get the puck out of his end asap and initially, at least, bring some sense of direction and effectiveness to the woeful PP.  Over the last few games, it seems the old PP habits have returned to their non-moving, near stationary ways even with Kaberle directing the show.

If he's able to make the extra man an actual consistent advantage then he is a good investment.  You mentioned the opposition now expecting Chara to be set up by Kaberle.  Pehaps that again speaks to the resurfacing of the Bruins' almost season-long, ingrained and predictable PP.  The same situation happened up here with his former D-partner McCabe. 

I still have clear memories of McCabe standing between the blue line and the right face off circle with his stick poised above his head, waiting to crank one.  After a while, enemy teams used to put someone near McCabe to reduce that option. 

As you said, the key might be Kaberle shooting on net himself as he has a pretty good slap and wrist shot.  I will add this; few D-men on the PP work at or very near the blue line like Kaberle so in that sense, this guy is an upgrade.  Cheers, buddy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IYes Good Points, but McCabe also scored over 20 with Kaberle!    n Response to Re: Kaberle.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle. : CarolinaClamMan - In his brief tenure as a Bruin, we've seen Kaberle display what he was obtained to do; get the puck out of his end asap and initially, at least, bring some sense of direction and effectiveness to the woeful PP.  Over the last few games, it seems the old PP habits have returned to their non-moving, near stationary ways even with Kaberle directing the show. If he's able to make the extra man an actual consistent advantage then he is a good investment.  You mentioned the opposition now expecting Chara to be set up by Kaberle.  Pehaps that again speaks to the resurfacing of the Bruins' almost season-long, ingrained and predictable PP.  The same situation happened up here with his former D-partner McCabe.  I still have clear memories of McCabe standing between the blue line and the right face off circle with his stick poised above his head, waiting to crank one.  After a while, enemy teams used to put someone near McCabe to reduce that option.  As you said, the key might be Kaberle shooting on net himself as he has a pretty good slap and wrist shot.  I will add this; few D-men on the PP work at or very near the blue line like Kaberle so in that sense, this guy is an upgrade.  Cheers, buddy!
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]IYes Good Points, but McCabe also scored over 20 with Kaberle!    n Response to Re: Kaberle. :
    Posted by Canadianfan6[/QUOTE]

Canadianfan6 - True enough.  In fact, folks up here used to joke that McCabe, who parlayed that same 2006, 19 goal, 68 point season into a a five-year $28.75 million deal with a no-movement clause, owed half his salary to Kaberle and his numerous set-ups to McCabe on the Leaf PP. 

I hope Kaberle is able to add some form of effectiveness to the Bruins in the form of what he was obtained to do: get the puck out quickly and organize the PP into some form of effective special team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO Kaberle is doing what he was brought in to do. It is Claude's decisions and coaching that slows this team down. Why not put split Kaberle and chara? Why not creat more movement? The bruins are being out-coached because Claude is so predictable. Plus, it's Claude's way or the bench, just look at Seguin.

Sections
Shortcuts