Kaberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Kaberle

I know it's a bit soon to draw this conclusion but I have this sinking feeling we waisted some assets in acquiring this guy.  Toronto doesn't seem to have missed a beat without him, and I haven't seen a whole lot of improvement on the B's end.  I'm not even sure signing him next year is worth the money from cap standpoint.  That would be a lot of payroll tied up in two defensemen.  I'm starting to wish we saved the picks and Colbourne and used them to move up in the draft.  We'll see, hopefully I'm wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

Re: Kaberle

thats what i said day of trade     gave up way too much and our pp still sucks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would measure how much I'm going to pay Kaberle or even offer him a contract depending on how much Tomas helps the Bruins succeed in the playoffs. That will be my measuring stick on Kaberle. Tomas can't help it if the forwards he feeds the puck too can't put it away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle:
    [QUOTE]I would measure how much I'm going to pay Kaberle or even offer him a contract depending on how much Tomas helps the Bruins succeed in the playoffs. That will be my measuring stick on Kaberle. Tomas can't help it if the forwards he feeds the puck too can't put it away.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

This ^

How many goals with the Leafs ?  Now compare the assists he got with any other D in the league.  Fowards need to finish !
    FRIG ! it's not like they traded for Dustin Byfuglien that his forte is scoring .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I believe Kaberle will help. I know it hasnt been immediate but it will come.  I was thinking what if we added Wideman instead.  I know a lot don't like him for whatever reason.  But he sure made our PP better. 

I still think Kaberle will make his mark in the playoffs.  Remember.  He is playing for a contract.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IWell you got your wish because you got it all wrong!!!
    This guy can play  He is really looking forward to the playoffs  n Response to Kaberle:
    [QUOTE]I know it's a bit soon to draw this conclusion but I have this sinking feeling we waisted some assets in acquiring this guy.  Toronto doesn't seem to have missed a beat without him, and I haven't seen a whole lot of improvement on the B's end.  I'm not even sure signing him next year is worth the money from cap standpoint.  That would be a lot of payroll tied up in two defensemen.  I'm starting to wish we saved the picks and Colbourne and used them to move up in the draft.  We'll see, hopefully I'm wrong.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

As soon as they stop the Chara Bomb, it'll be a lot different.  Let's hope they decide to do this before April.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Chara Bomb shouldnt exist.  He doesnt hit the net.  Ever.  Use Seid/Kaberle. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Bruins acknowledged needing a guy who can get the puck out quickly and they got him.  Kaberle is not a kingpin type D that can transform a PP by himself, especially within an existing system that has proven to be ineffective.  My guess is its the PP strategy configured by Ward that is not making use of the players at hand.  For that, I don't fault Kaberle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]I believe Kaberle will help. I know it hasnt been immediate but it will come.  I was thinking what if we added Wideman instead.  I know a lot don't like him for whatever reason.  But he sure made our PP better.  I still think Kaberle will make his mark in the playoffs.  Remember.  He is playing for a contract.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Wideman  may have made the powerplay better but he was a disaster with everything else.His decision making in his own zone was terrible .Kaberle hasn't done much with the powerplay as of yet but he is a substancial improvement over Wideman .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Chara Bomb shouldnt exist.  He doesnt hit the net.  Ever. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Why would you say something like this when he just connected last game?

Of course the Chara Bomb should exist... but it shouldn't be our primary weapon. I think Chara would do well right in front of the goalie but CJ won't risk him getting injured.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I feel sorry for Kaberle. He was brought here to help the power play and move the puck.

How is he going to help a power play that was, and remains, broken? How can he move the puck if the forwards are standing still, as they have been for the past six games?

I was not in favour of obtaining him, but let's hope the rest of the team starts doing things to help themselves, and then maybe Kaberle can help.