Kaberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Kaberle

TK was fantastic tonight.  Several great defensive plays and great moves up front.  Our guys need to get used to his passes.  I remember Ryan Whitney saying that about playing with Crosby, it takes time to get used to those unexpected feeds.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Re: Kaberle

In Response to Kaberle:
    [QUOTE]TK was fantastic tonight.  Several great defensive plays and great moves up front.  Our guys need to get used to his passes.  I remember Ryan Whitney saying that about playing with Crosby, it takes time to get used to those unexpected feeds.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

He was good, I want him to shoot more though, he can pass, no doubt about that, but would it kill him to shoot once in a while?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Kaberle : He was good, I want him to shoot more though, he can pass, no doubt about that, but would it kill him to shoot once in a while?
    Posted by Nolakanookie[/QUOTE]

Folks would be yelling that at him from the stands on more than one occassion during his time up here in Toronto.  Thing is, when he does shoot, he's shown to have a hard, fast and accurate shot, be it wrist or slap.  That reluctance to shoot has trailed him to Boston. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

he knocked one off the goal line to save a goal, that and Peverley scoring short handed gave me some hope that the trades will pay off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]he knocked one off the goal line to save a goal, that and Peverley scoring short handed gave me some hope that the trades will pay off.
    Posted by HABH8R[/QUOTE]
    Luckily he did because he had a poor handle on it before that directed to a turnover. Great play by him though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Please,

How about we let TK do what he does best on offense.... pass.

nothing screams "I don't know anything about hockey" than a fan screaming "SHOOOOOOOTT!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Please, How about we let TK do what he does best on offense.... pass. nothing screams "I don't know anything about hockey" than a fan screaming "SHOOOOOOOTT!"
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

True but there were a couple times, especially late (was it OT?) when he was in tight and had a glittering chance but he looked for a pass and gave up an excellent scoring chance.  Sometimes you have to shoot or you become too easy to play against.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I have been thinking about this a while and it seems to me that TK has not found his game with the Bruins yet.

I think he has more options than he was used to with the Leafs and has yet to get used to the idea.

The pass to Chara is predictable, he should have at least one more "best" option on the PP.

He can skate with the puck more, it was too dangerous on the Leafs because there was no one else.

I think we're going to see more from him as time goes on and he settles into his role and finds a game that fits.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

[QUOTE]Please, How about we let TK do what he does best on offense.... pass. nothing screams "I don't know anything about hockey" than a fan screaming "SHOOOOOOOTT!"
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

Nobody is disputing his passing capabilities, recent results aside, what I am saying is that he could have shot in tight last night, it would be nice to see what would have happened, I have heard for a long time that he has a decent shot, I have yet to see it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

fair enough

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaberle : Nobody is disputing his passing capabilities, recent results aside, what I am saying is that he could have shot in tight last night, it would be nice to see what would have happened, I have heard for a long time that he has a decent shot, I have yet to see it.
    Posted by Nolakanookie[/QUOTE]
    That has always been the criticism regarding Kaberle.  Having watched him for so many years as a Leaf, you get exasperated when he appears to have a great opportunity to shoot the puck and he almost always looks for the pass.

Most teams have caught on and tend to sag on Kaberle or overplay the other side resulting in a lot of blocked shots or shots that miss the net.

He does have a decent shot and he needs to use it more.  I think the PP would be so much more dangerous with Kaberle taking his shots, so that teams would respect that more and not overplay everybody else.

Very frustrating....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That fake then pass to Lucic last night caught Milan off guard as he tried to stop it then rip it. To OatesCams point "passes on the tape unexpectedly" if Milan had just ripped it instead of trying to collect it then the Bruins would have won in regulation.

I'll say it again I'll reserve my "should Tomas be resigned or not ?" for his performance in the playoffs. If last night is an indication then he should indeed be resigned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

kaberle won the game tonight keeping that goal out of the net in overtime, what a play that does not show up in the box score

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]That fake then pass to Lucic last night caught Milan off guard as he tried to stop it then rip it. To OatesCams point "passes on the tape unexpectedly" if Milan had just ripped it instead of trying to collect it then the Bruins would have won in regulation. I'll say it again I'll reserve my "should Tomas be resigned or not ?" for his performance in the playoffs. If last night is an indication then he should indeed be resigned.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Does so much of the little things just right. His D style is extremely smooth I really like it. You dont even notice he's out there sometimes because he does things with style that makes it look like he did nothing really at all.

Me likey. I havent seen him as defensively soft at all yet, hope the points start coming. But imagine a defense with Chara/Kaberle/Murphy and or Hamilton in 1-2years with Seguin-Bergeron-Krejci-Lucic-Horton in thier primes. Drooling.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

definitely a plus performer, and the comment about others not expecting a pass is right on. Only takes some experience, and then everyone will be in the ready mode.  The opposite is Boychuck, still missing the net. The rest of his game has improved, but IMO he is #7 with these pairings:

Chara/Kaberle
                    Seidenberg/Kamfer
                     Ference/McQuaid

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As a follow -on. If Fernce gets hurt, Kaberle goes back with McQuaid, and Boychuck goes with Chara where he can make the fewest mistakes.

Sections
Shortcuts