Kaberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Kaberle

I said it before the Philly series and I'll say it again now:

KABERLE SHOULD NOT TOUCH THE ICE ON THE POWER PLAY.

It's time for CJ to stop coddling this guy.  The only reason he had to do so was to keep Kaberle's confidence intact, but it's clearly already long gone.  It's time for CJ to put the team ahead of one player's pride.  Plenty of other people who deserve time on the PP and who can produce.  Stick Chara in front of the net in unit 1, Looch in front on unit 2.  Seidenberg, Ference, Boychuk, and Recchi on the points, Peverley, Krejci, Kelly, Horton, Ryder, Campbell low and on the half-walls.  Plenty of options. 

Whatever you do, CJ, DO NOT LET KABERLE SKATE ON THE PP.  He is a cancer and drove an already anemic power play right into the ground the day he showed up.  Stakes are too high right now to keep coddling his fragile (and already shattered) ego.  I know CJ likes to show unwavering fasith in his players, but c'mon - enough is enough.  Bench this guy until he learns to give hits and take shots and starts to play with heart. This team is better without him right now. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Kaberle

hate to say it....but i agree. they might as well be skating 4v4 if kaberle is on the pp. he WILL NOT SHOOT, and they don't play him to shoot. i don't get it, it reminds me of this scenario: a player who's considered very good on a bad team(lots of accolades and pats on the back), moves to a very good team and questions whether he really is that good(all of the sudden he's just average), because he's surrounded by a lot of young talent. it's either that or he was never the player we thought we were getting all along. either way it's pretty dissapointing. i don't think benching him is the thing to do, who's a better #6 d-man than him? no one. but the b's didn't make the deal they did for a #6 d-man. what to do?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Re: Kaberle

In Response to Re: Kaberle:
    hate to say it....but i agree. they might as well be skating 4v4 if kaberle is on the pp. he WILL NOT SHOOT, and they don't play him to shoot. i don't get it, it reminds me of this scenario: a player who's considered very good on a bad team(lots of accolades and pats on the back), moves to a very good team and questions whether he really is that good(all of the sudden he's just average), because he's surrounded by a lot of young talent. it's either that or he was never the player we thought we were getting all along. either way it's pretty dissapointing. i don't think benching him is the thing to do, who's a better #6 d-man than him? no one. but the b's didn't make the deal they did for a #6 d-man. what to do?  
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Good points.  I say the B's should 1) admit they made a mistake, 2) rectify the mistake as soon as possible, and 3) move on to people who will help you win.  Same thing the Sox should do with Dice-K.  Sox managemnt doesn't want to put him on the shelf because of all the money we paid for him, but he's clearly a bust.  Best thing to do is look at that money as a sunken cost, take a snapshot of where you are TODAY (not where you were when you got the guy), and make a hard decision on whether or not you're better TODAY with him on the roster.  IMHO, but Dice-K and Kaberle are both being kept on not because of how well they are performing, but because of the huge cost we paid to get them.  Make the hard business decision to stop putting them out there, and move on.

Sections
Shortcuts