Kaberle's Pass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Kaberle's Pass

Am I the only who was impressed by the quality of Kaberle's pass which led to Ryder's first goal? I've re-watched it a number of times now and it truly was a thing of beauty. Wayne Cashman would be proud.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Re: Kaberle's Pass

In Response to Kaberle's Pass:
    Am I the only who was impressed by the quality of Kaberle's pass which led to Ryder's first goal? I've re-watched it a number of times now and it truly was a thing of beauty. Wayne Cashman would be proud.   
    Posted by Hanrahan1

I noticed it right away. Almost worth the picks given up. But what does Cash have to do with it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle's Pass:
    In Response to Kaberle's Pass : I noticed it right away. Almost worth the picks given up. But what does Cash have to do with it?
    Posted by 49thparallel

Cashman wore number 12 as well. Hardly anyone's been worthy of wear it since IMHO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

It was a nice play, but he's going to have to do that a lot more often to help the Bruins go deep this year and/or justify the trade and/or justify re-signing him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle's Pass : Cashman wore number 12 as well. Hardly anyone's been worthy of wear it since IMHO.
    Posted by Hanrahan1

Oates was good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Look, Kaberle is not a shooter.  He's a playmaker.  Soft yes, but great hands.    If he gets 1 goal and 60 assists next year I'm ok with that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Kaberle's Pass : Cashman wore number 12 as well. Hardly anyone's been worthy of wear it since IMHO.
    Posted by Hanrahan1

Stump Burridge was worthy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Yes great play, he had his head up and saw the ice.
    Most NHL D-man would just play the puck up the boards.
    Kaberle has a unique skill a rare player worth a couple of picks!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Yeah, Oates was worthy. Can't believe I let that by. 
    Maybe Stump too as he had a couple of pretty good seasons and even scored about 30 goals one year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Just an FYI...

Glen Healey on HNIC said that the check he took in first period (not a big one, went basically un-noticed) was the first one he had both received or thrown all series.  They showed all the stats and up until the first period of game four Kaberle had neither thrown or been on the receiving end of a check.

HTF does that happen?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It happens because of his style of play.  He doesn't throw hits, but he is also good at avoiding them, like say... Wayne Gretzky.  He's just a pure skill player.  Not much sandpaper.  I like hitting, and when players don't it can be a bit frustrating, but the Bruins needed a player like him.  Most successful teams over the years have had lots of players like that, often built around them.  That pass was great, and great finish by Ryder.  Without that skill pass and skill shot to score, the Bruins are dead.  And yeah, Adam Oates was the best Bruins #12 by a mile.  And he would definately be proud of that pass.

Sections
Shortcuts