Kaleta's head shot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

Re: Kaleta's head shot

In Response to Kaleta's head shot:
    [QUOTE]Glad the B's don't have a punk like Kaleta on the team.  Four games isn't enough for this repeat offender.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Let me start by saying that I HATE Kaleta. He constantly uses the instigator penalty to hide from his dirty hits, BUT this hit was nothing. Was it dirty? Yes. Did it deserve a two minute penalty for roughing? Yes. Did it deserve a one game suspension? No. Did it deserve a four game suspension? Definitely not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Kaleta's head shot

Glad the B's don't have a punk like Kaleta on the team.  Four games isn't enough for this repeat offender.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Kaleta's head shot:[QUOTE]In Response to Kaleta's head shot : this hit was nothing. Was it dirty? Yes. Did it deserve a two minute penalty for roughing? Yes. Did it deserve a one game suspension? No. Did it deserve a four game suspension? Definitely not. Posted by dalexander2424[/QUOTE]

Now you have 86 birdbrain posts. Kaleta should have been suspended so many more times before this now it's about time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Kaleta's head shot : Let me start by saying that I HATE Kaleta. He constantly uses the instigator penalty to hide from his dirty hits, BUT this hit was nothing. Was it dirty? Yes. Did it deserve a two minute penalty for roughing? Yes. Did it deserve a one game suspension? No. Did it deserve a four game suspension? Definitely not.
    Posted by dalexander2424[/QUOTE]

You admit it was dirty but then say not worthy of a suspension? Don't we usually punish dirty play with suspensions?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Dirty player who needs a beating.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

love that shanny showed footage of 2 other times he did the exact same thing.  cut the legs out of any possible defense he had........awesome.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

If the league had an "All-Cementhead Team" he'd be on it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

This was the guy's 3rd or 4th offense for the SAME THING.  Throw the book at him, the league doesn't need this type player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He is the next Matt Cooke with less skill. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Yea, same mold as Cooke. Shoulda got 25 games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Put him on my team. I'll take him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Kaleta's head shot:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Kaleta's head shot : Let me start by saying that I HATE Kaleta. He constantly uses the instigator penalty to hide from his dirty hits, BUT this hit was nothing. Was it dirty? Yes. Did it deserve a two minute penalty for roughing? Yes. Did it deserve a one game suspension? No. Did it deserve a four game suspension? Definitely not.

Where is your head at ? Kaleta using his head as a battering ram at another players head doesn't deserve a suspension ? This is right up there with milanlucic17's comment of fans throwing garbage on the ice being " refreshing ".

Use your body to initiate contact not the top of the helmet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Will he be eligible for the game next sat vs Boston?  I really hope so, because I want someone to beat him down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaleta's head shot : If every slightly dirty hit was suspended, hockey would be a joke. Kind of like it is now.

Name one sport that allows headbutting .

Wait , I stand corrected . Go watch this instead of hockey .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLLk7W4GW54

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

[QUOTE]You admit it was dirty but then say not worthy of a suspension? Don't we usually punish dirty play with suspensions?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    If every slightly dirty hit was suspended, hockey would be a joke. Kind of like it is now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaleta's head shot : If every slightly dirty hit was suspended, hockey would be a joke. Kind of like it is now.

Explain at all how this was "slightly dirty". He reared down and rocketed the top of his head into another players head (almost his face). That in no way is "slightly dirty".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

This hit was incredibly dirty.  This was worthy of a 10 game suspension.  This was a blatant headbutt to the chin..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

The replay of that just looked awkward. I think it was well deserved. No need for that at all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

That was stupid, dirty and far from accidental. As a repeat offender (3rd such incident), he got off easy. Bush league play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Kaleta is one of the bad ones.  I'd put him in the top ten of dirty players.  When dirty players make dirty hits they get suspended.  Good for the league.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaleta's head shot : Fletch, after watching Shanny's explanation I'm surpised the punishment wasn't more severe. Shanny pointed out it was the 3rd time Kaleta has done this recently and that it was deemed intentional. The sad thing is someone would be punished almost as severely if they just grabbed Kaleta and beat the snot out of him.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yeah, agreed.  He is one of those totally opportunistic fighters too.  I've only seen him take a fight if it is with a much smaller guy, or he can totally get the jump on a guy who isn't quite ready.  If anyone tough gets ahold of him, he falls down and waits for the refs.  Very Lapierre-esce.

He's one of the guys that makes me want to keep fighting in the game and do away with the instigator penalty.  Only an occasional beatdown would keep him somewhat honest.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Kaleta is one of the bad ones.  I'd put him in the top ten of dirty players.  When dirty players make dirty hits they get suspended.  Good for the league.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Fletch, after watching Shanny's explanation I'm surpised the punishment wasn't more severe. Shanny pointed out it was the 3rd time Kaleta has done this recently and that it was deemed intentional. The sad thing is someone would be punished almost as severely if they just grabbed Kaleta and beat the snot out of him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

He could have easily gotten 10 games for something that stupid and dirty.  No way was that hit NOT suspension worthy.  I personally think Shanny's doing a good job with the suspensions so far.  Not many (none off the top of my head) of the suspension have been unwarented.
    I agree they could have/should have come down harder on him as he's a repeat offender.  Can't wait till Cooke finally screws up to see how serious they really are about being harder on repeat offenders.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaleta's head shot : Yeah, agreed.  He is one of those totally opportunistic fighters too.  I've only seen him take a fight if it is with a much smaller guy, or he can totally get the jump on a guy who isn't quite ready.  If anyone tough gets ahold of him, he falls down and waits for the refs.  Very Lapierre-esce. He's one of the guys that makes me want to keep fighting in the game and do away with the instigator penalty.  Only an occasional beatdown would keep him somewhat honest.
    Yeah Fletch, when I was a kid there were always a few rats in the league but along with the 80's and 90's came the evolution of the rat. Now most teams have a player that makes Ken Linesman seem like he was clean by comparison. I love hearing players talk about the in room accountability players used to have. I've heard many reference people being punched in their own room for something done to an opponent. Now it seems respect for opponents has gone down as much as player salaries have gone up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kaleta's head shot : Yeah, agreed.  He is one of those totally opportunistic fighters too.  I've only seen him take a fight if it is with a much smaller guy, or he can totally get the jump on a guy who isn't quite ready.  If anyone tough gets ahold of him, he falls down and waits for the refs.  Very Lapierre-esce. He's one of the guys that makes me want to keep fighting in the game and do away with the instigator penalty.  Only an occasional beatdown would keep him somewhat honest.

Exactly my thoughts as well Fletch!!  The instigator penalty allows the likes of this kid, Avery, Laperierre, and basically every dwarf on the Habs to run guys into the brick wall glass in the rinks now, and basically not have anyone to answer to since the 'rules' dont allow the players to take matters into their own hands!!  Im surprised Homlgren over in Philly hasnt traded for this guy yet, they seem to love these types of players.....