Kampfer >>> Hunwick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Kampfer >>> Hunwick

Kampfer already looks better than Hunwick did at any point this season and likely all last season too. Not only has he been as advertised with his skating and passing ability but I have been very impressed so far with his defensive play and decision-making.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: Kampfer >>> Hunwick

In Response to Kampfer >>> Hunwick:
    [QUOTE]Kampfer already looks better than Hunwick did at any point this season and likely all last season too. Not only has he been as advertised with his skating and passing ability but I have been very impressed so far with his defensive play and decision-making.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    The bonus of having Kampfer over Hunwick...... Kampfer has a Spleen... Hunwick, no Spleen.....seriously though, I like # 47's game, looks very much in control out there. So far in 3 games, he's played mistake free hockey!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

now he has his first point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Would have liked to see Rask get the win... poor kid just can't get a break.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Kampfer's time on the first PP unit is also an interesting case study for those who say CJ won't use rookies in key situations.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

In Response to Re: Kampfer >>> Hunwick:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Kampfer />>> Hunwick : The bonus of having Kampfer over Hunwick...... Kampfer has a Spleen... Hunwick, no Spleen.....seriously though, I like # 47's game, looks very much in control out there. So far in 3 games, he's played mistake free hockey!
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

As in this note, Hunwick may not have a spleen but you have no balls because you will be the first person to want to sent the this packing too. Look at already as to the comments about McQuade, vs Kampfer. Wait and see. Hunwick appear top be adjusting to the Avs program and Wides in FLA, lets continue to dump these guys to other programs so the can help another program out. Let's not forget about Montreal too. The list continues. So you can bash player because ??? but never hear about the ball less player like Big C who stands around and looks at his mates get their butt kicked.  Or clear them out from the front of the net. I'm sure Tuka is appreciative of his effort each night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Kampfer >>> Hunwick:
    [QUOTE]Kampfer already looks better than Hunwick did at any point this season and likely all last season too. Not only has he been as advertised with his skating and passing ability but I have been very impressed so far with his defensive play and decision-making.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

No need to bash Hunwick in order to compliment Kampfer.  Hunwick is a fine young player with exceptional skills.

When Stuart comes back Kampfer will sit, but it's good to know that we have an excellent seventh D in waiting.  There will be more injuries, always are. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO Kamfer deserves a full time job with Seidenberg and the Bruins. When Stuart comes back it will be interesting to see who Peter uses in a trade. Could be Ference, Stuart or Boychuck. Some would even like to see Chara, but, that would totally mess up Claude's defense first system.So , maybe Claude since rumors indicated a tiff with Peter?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Stuart is the only Dman that would fetch anything good in return accompanied with that he is a UFA and would give some, not allot of cap relief. I could see PC shop Mark once he's healthy especially with McQuaid's emergence plus Bartkowski could easily be the 7th Dman on this team.

Kampfer so far so good. Hunwick was moved for cap releif nothing more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Kampfer is bigger and better on defense. On offense he is quite patient and doesn't rush passes. His shots though not hard finds its way to the goalie (bound to get tipped in)

His skating abilities are excellent just like Hunwicks. We got a sweet deal getting rid of Hunwick and getting another player like him but better

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: Kampfer >>> Hunwick:
    [QUOTE]Kampfer is bigger and better on defense. On offense he is quite patient and doesn't rush passes. His shots though not hard finds its way to the goalie (bound to get tipped in) His skating abilities are excellent just like Hunwicks. We got a sweet deal getting rid of Hunwick and getting another player like him but better
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    What?  Kampfer is 5'10" 188 lbs.  Hunwick is 5'11" 193 lbs.  How is Kampfer bigger?

I am happy with the way that Kampfer is playing, but let's see if he can keep it up.  Hunwick was impressive when he was first called up, as I recall.  Players tend to play over their heads when they first make it to the NHL, and then cool off after a while.  Take Caron as a prime example. 

Not trying to be a buzzkill, but it wouldn't surprise me if Kampfer's game started to sag a bit after 10-20 games.  It happens to a lot of rookies.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Kampfer: Height 5.11 -- Weight 197

Hunwick: Height 5.11 -- Weight 190

From hockey DB website. Where are you getting your evidence from? Kampfer when he played at juniors?

The guy is a legit 5'11 and close to 200 pounder. He definitely checks like one. That can't be said for Hunwick who looks like he is 5'10 and 190 pounds and got pushed around like a child often

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

TSN

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Before everyone goes crazy on kampfer, or gets to far down on hunwick.. Hunwick came in and put up 27 points in 53 games as a rookie defender earning a new contract..  Coming in looking like an "offensive" defensemen isnt hard on this team.. Last season people were projected seidenberg as a 50 point dman based on his 17games with the bruins.. The kid is playing well, but at this point hes not a full time nhl'er, he made a lot of mistakes in the montreal game, and has a ways to go..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

I always love these statements that a player is'nt what he as listed as to make someone right.  Guess what, they are the same height and almost same weight, quit it with the, I meet him and he isn't what he is listed as. 

Anyways, more whining and complaining by the children or Pink Hat fans, nothing changes here. 

"Kampfer has played mistake free hockey"...LOL  How about Thomas saved him big time on at least 3 occasions during the Caps game, not counting the other games where he made at least 2 mistakes a game.  What's more true is you clowns see ONE bad play and hold it against a player for the rest of thier career...see the numerous Wideman, Hunwick, Ference, Chara, Stuart, Wheeler, Ryder whiner threads.

I hope you posers booo Hunwick when he comes back, I mean you negative whiners from Fenway booed Wideman for some irrational reason.

Sections
Shortcuts