Kampfer and Paille Scratched Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Kampfer and Paille Scratched Tonight

While Kampfer has been playing well, I believe tonight's lineup and lines themselves look like our best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Kampfer and Paille Scratched Tonight

He's been playing, but I'm not sure if he's been playing well.  He has zero goals and three assists in his last 15 games.  He hasn't been a standout on defense or even all that impressive.  He really hasn't done much of anything.

The guy that should be scratched is Thornton.  There is next to no muscle on Calgary, no Skating Clowns, no cheapshot artists.  What do they need Thornton to do?  This slot should be used for a hockey player like Paille or Seguin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Kampfer and Paille Scratched Tonight:
    [QUOTE]While Kampfer has been playing well, I believe tonight's lineup and lines themselves look like our best.
    Posted by CamOJonasink[/QUOTE]
    Great to see CJ make the right choice with Seguin over Paille.While he may have improved lately,Paille will never be the offensive threat that Seguin is.As far as Kampfer is concerned,I've been saying for awhile that he's reminding me more and more of Hunwick.I hope Boychuck can show CJ he was the right choice because he's been less than stellar this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: Kampfer and Paille Scratched Tonight:
    [QUOTE]He's been playing, but I'm not sure if he's been playing well.  He has zero goals and three assists in his last 15 games.  He hasn't been a standout on defense or even all that impressive.  He really hasn't done much of anything. The guy that should be scratched is Thornton.  There is next to no muscle on Calgary, no Skating Clowns, no cheapshot artists.  What do they need Thornton to do?  This slot should be used for a hockey player like Paille or Seguin.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I agree about Thornton. I have no idea why he dressed for both Detroit games.

He also shouldnt be a regular in the playoffs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Boychuk?  You mean Johnny Boychuk?  I remember him!  He had that semi-impressive rookie season and a big shot, and then POOF!  Gone.

I wonder what's he doing these days.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]He's been playing, but I'm not sure if he's been playing well.  He has zero goals and three assists in his last 15 games.  He hasn't been a standout on defense or even all that impressive.  He really hasn't done much of anything. The guy that should be scratched is Thornton.  There is next to no muscle on Calgary, no Skating Clowns, no cheapshot artists.  What do they need Thornton to do?  This slot should be used for a hockey player like Paille or Seguin.
    Tim Jackman? the guy consistenly gets over 10 fights a year. Probably not a clown to you. Do you have your list of clowns etched in stone somewhere that I could look at so I don't make these mistakes?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Boychuk?  You mean Johnny Boychuk?  I remember him!  He had that semi-impressive rookie season and a big shot, and then POOF!  Gone. I wonder what's he doing these days.
    Maybe he's a player that needs to be in a battle for  ice time to get the best out of him.Whatever his problem is,it's been season long....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Paille and Kampfer should be the one's to sit but Seguin and Boychuk are going to be on Juliens shortleash....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Regardless of any muscle in the Flames lineup Paille should be playing. The B's have enough muscle without Thornton. Paille brings speed and can play on the pk.When the playoffs start there is no way Thornton should be in the lineup. It makes no sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Boychuk would be far more bearable if he could start getting his shots on net.  Every time I hear Jack say "Johnny rocket", I know the next words out of his mouth are going to be some reference to how it dented the end boards or glass, because it sure as heck isn't going to be anywhere even close to the net.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i'm all in favor of sitting Thornton and letting Paille and Seguin show how sped can impact the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]i'm all in favor of sitting Thornton and letting Paille and Seguin show how sped can impact the game.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    I agree Bogie.If someone needs to be punched,Boston has many who can step up and do it.I would have no problem with Paille and Thornton battling for starts but I don't think Seguin should be in any equation with them.He brings far more to the table than either of them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

I don't get all the Thornton bashing.  He brings so much more to the table than just actually fighting.  He goes into all the dirty areas and has been real effective.  He just exudes energy out there and it is contageous. He creates space for everyone and other teams know they'll have to answer up if they decide to take liberties.  Seguin should be playing every 4 out of 5.  Plug in Paille to give Seguin a rookie breather on that 5th game or if someone gets hurt.  I'll give you Paille's speed, but he doesn't do a thing with it.  He is what he is and that's unimpressive.  Thornton should not even be considered in the topic of healthy scratches.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]I don't get all the Thornton bashing.  He brings so much more to the table than just actually fighting.  He goes into all the dirty areas and has been real effective.  He just exudes energy out there and it is contageous. He creates space for everyone and other teams know they'll have to answer up if they decide to take liberties.  Seguin should be playing every 4 out of 5.  Plug in Paille to give Seguin a rookie breather on that 5th game or if someone gets hurt.  I'll give you Paille's speed, but he doesn't do a thing with it.  He is what he is and that's unimpressive.  Thornton should not even be considered in the topic of healthy scratches.
    Thornton and Paille are the worst forwards on the team. I know we don't play Detroit again, but thats the type of team that Thornton should not dress against. Teams who dont have goons and barely fight. Although he has scored 8 goals this year and no one expected, it doesnt change that the #1 reason he's part of this organization is to fight.

Come playoff time when even the goonest of teams shy away from fighting, Thornton should not, in any way shape or form, be a regular in the lineup

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I don't get all the Thornton bashing.  He brings so much more to the table than just actually fighting.  He goes into all the dirty areas and has been real effective.  He just exudes energy out there and it is contageous. He creates space for everyone and other teams know they'll have to answer up if they decide to take liberties.  Seguin should be playing every 4 out of 5.  Plug in Paille to give Seguin a rookie breather on that 5th game or if someone gets hurt.  I'll give you Paille's speed, but he doesn't do a thing with it.  He is what he is and that's unimpressive.  Thornton should not even be considered in the topic of healthy scratches.
    To tell you the truth,if Thornton would finish every check I would go easier on him.I agree that Thornton does more than fight but the threat that he could is still there as a necassary part of his game.Once the playoffs start,the threat is essentially gone(and not really needed).While I like and respect what Thornton does for the team,I would much rather see Seguin play ahead of him.Paille.......not so much.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

[QUOTE]Boychuk would be far more bearable if he could start getting his shots on net.  Every time I hear Jack say "Johnny rocket", I know the next words out of his mouth are going to be some reference to how it dented the end boards or glass, because it sure as heck isn't going to be anywhere even close to the net.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

Funny... because it's true!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Having Paille as an extra forward is better than having Whitfield.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Yeah we can also give Berg and Krej every 4th or 5th game off, for a centre breather, now that we have 6 centres.

Maybe then again Thorn should dress on the left side a few games, so that he can get his skate on that side to hit the ice more often. Because you can now see that when he puts the pedal down and gets his hop going that before long he will just be going in circles.

The above were sent with extreme sarcasm.

Anyone over the age of 14, that knows anything about hockey should know that Thorn has limited talent and limited skating ability.  He has a crazy amount of passion and plays with more heart than probably anyone in the league

BUT,... He should not be dressed over anyone with talent.  Noone in the league is afraid of him, he is just a staged fighter for the most part, the rest is a player that plays trying to stir up emotion and does succeed by stirring up the opposition because they get sustained pressure in our end more often than not.

To suggest Giving a rookie playing 10 mins a game a breather, is just so absurd, I am feeling the way Cj looks 90% of the time, flusterred and flabbergasted.  I am just like him in that I am out of my depth, no way can I train that monkey to put hte plug back in the pig.(just figure it out.)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Having Paille as an extra forward is better than having Whitfield.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

game...set...match...

although it still is a long way to the playoffs, one never knows what is going on in Julien's brain sometimes...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]Having Paille as an extra forward is better than having Whitfield.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

And by saying that, Whitfield would also be better than Thorn.  I would prefer to see Sauve over them all, just a speedster that can score threat is just so much more fun.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Kampfer and Paille Scratched Tonight:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kampfer and Paille Scratched Tonight :  I would prefer to see Sauve over them all, just a speedster that can score threat is just so much more fun.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

I would jump for joy if PC gave Sauve a "Hamill esq." look see! Max is tied for the AHL league lead in game winning goals having played half the games. Easily my favorite Bruin prospect who I think is being slowed by having to play down there.

Sections
Shortcuts