1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shandkid. Show shandkid's posts

kampfer back to prov

per the ahl.com kampfer loaned back to providence

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: kampfer back to prov

In Response to kampfer back to prov:
    [QUOTE]per the ahl.com kampfer loaned back to providence
    Posted by shandkid[/QUOTE]
    Makes me wonder if another trade might be in the works.Isn't Boston already somewhat shorthanded on D right now?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Either Ference isn't hurt that bad, there's a deal, or Hnidy is the 7 man. Please one of the first two.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

This is odd. Maybe PC does not want to pay Kampfer to sit in the press-box when Hnidy could do that for half the price....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Maybe they want to activate Hnidy against the Sens to see where he fits in on the depth chart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Hnidy.

They probably feel he can jump in and get his legs under him, and his experience is a plus in this situation.

That's my take. I always felt he was solid. Same with Montador. I was sorry to see each go.

As a 5th or 6th type of D Man, it's not a huge deal. 

He's Dave Shaw, Darren Van Impe or Jamie Huscroft, where Hnidy should be (5th or 6th man).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

I thought Hnidy wasnt going to be game ready for a few more weeks?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Maybe a Hamill centered trade for a d-man.

Well one can dream at least.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm guessing Ference is ready to go.  With Kaberle in the fold, I understand moving Kampfer back to Providence, but like others have said, I thought Hnidy was a week or two out still...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Another possibility is that Bartkowski will be given another try.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: kampfer back to prov:
    [QUOTE]I thought Hnidy wasnt going to be game ready for a few more weeks?
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]

That does not mean he can't sit in the press box during this time...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Ference must be coming back.  Hnidy is just not ready and would be stupid putting him into the fold right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

For what it's worth Murphy just tweeted that many are asking about Ference's situation (injury) and if this prompts PC to make a move for another depth D.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Another possibility is that Bartkowski will be given another try.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I doubt that, Doc. I think Kempfer did a really good job last night and if Ference is ok to go, then I'm thinking Hnidy is the guy that sits more often than not.

I really like Bartkowski but unless a huge amount of injuries occur in the next 20 some games, we'll see him next year. I doubt CJ wants to experiment with Providence players right now. It's more about getting this team's 4 lines gelling.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kampfer back to prov : I doubt that, Doc. I think Kempfer did a really good job last night and if Ference is ok to go, then I'm thinking Hnidy is the guy that sits more often than not. I really like Bartkowski but unless a huge amount of injuries occur in the next 20 some games, we'll see him next year. I doubt CJ wants to experiment with Providence players right now. It's more about getting this team's 4 lines gelling.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

I agree especially considering the stretch of good play coming from McQuaid, and the progressively improving play of Boychuck.  I think this kid goes down and plays top pairing minutes, while trying to learn some of the tricks and tools Kaberle has brought to town.   I would prefer he be on the third pair of D come playoff time, but who knows what happens between now and then.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I've read where Hnidy isn't going to be ready for a month. Providence is on the outside looking in regards to the AHL playoffs so PC can bring Kampfer up n then sent back down when ever he wants. Probably in Steve's best interest to get ice time since Ference is ready to roll by Tuesday.

And I expect to see Paille instead of Seguin against Tampa and Pittsburgh. Julien has per the usual made up his mind he wants veterans out there from here on in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I've read where Hnidy isn't going to be ready for a month. Providence is on the outside looking in regards to the AHL playoffs so PC can bring Kampfer up n then sent back down when ever he wants. Probably in Steve's best interest to get ice time since Ference is ready to roll by Tuesday. And I expect to see Paille instead of Seguin against Tampa and Pittsburgh. Julien has per the usual made up his mind he wants veterans out there from here on in.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I'm not saying you're wrong about Paille but it would seem odd to change the personnel during a 5 game win streak.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I've read where Hnidy isn't going to be ready for a month. Providence is on the outside looking in regards to the AHL playoffs so PC can bring Kampfer up n then sent back down when ever he wants. Probably in Steve's best interest to get ice time since Ference is ready to roll by Tuesday. And I expect to see Paille instead of Seguin against Tampa and Pittsburgh. Julien has per the usual made up his mind he wants veterans out there from here on in.

I hope you're wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I see no reason to believe Seguin will be replaced.  He seems to be playing well on this line.  His defensive game has been improving and he is even bringing a little offense, somewhat like Marchand did earlier in the year.  I believe that until Seguin makes this line a vulnerability he will get the chance to continue to grow in the position.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kampfer back to prov : I'm not saying you're wrong about Paille but it would seem odd to change the personnel during a 5 game win streak.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    I agree with this. It would be a headscratcher if Julien did this. I just do not see what Paille can do to improve the team from its current roster....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Even if Ference is ready to go, one of the two (Boychuk or Kamper) would be a scratch.

This tells me they like Boychuk over Kampfer (for now) as a 6 or 7th D Man with HNidy probably not long for some work over Boychuk.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Even if Ference is ready to go, one of the two (Boychuk or Kamper) would be a scratch. This tells me they like Boychuk over Kampfer (for now) as a 6 or 7th D Man with HNidy probably not long for some work over Boychuk.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Likely just Julien's seniority system. No way Boychuk has outplayed Kampfer since the latters callup....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Even if Ference is ready to go, one of the two (Boychuk or Kamper) would be a scratch. This tells me they like Boychuk over Kampfer (for now) as a 6 or 7th D Man with HNidy probably not long for some work over Boychuk.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    I don't see Boychuk sitting. He has played really well since Kaberle came to Boston. I see Hnidy as the 7th man. As for Kampfer, he is a cheap mans Kaberle right now. In a defensive system that's too many weaknesses. Kampfer will continue to grow down in Provtown with what he has learned with the club. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: kampfer back to prov:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kampfer back to prov : I'm not saying you're wrong about Paille but it would seem odd to change the personnel during a 5 game win streak. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I hope I am too but were talking about Julien. I just scratched my head when I typed that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Hnidy needs to go through preseason at this point.  Kampfer needs to skate in Providence not sit or play sporatically.  He is a better alternative to Hnidy imo.   Boychuk is being given the chance as a well paid defenseman.  A disappointment this year but did pretty well in last year's playoffs.  

Sections
Shortcuts