kampfer back to prov

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: kampfer back to prov

I think Hnidy is insurance, a way to push Boychuk/Kampfer and possibly a legit 6th man in about a month when he could play every game.

Who knows how it shakes down, but it's a strong move to bolster another spot, regardless of how small it seems.

Everything counts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

have no clue on Kamfer, but Paille could definitely improve the 4th line if he replaced Thornton. Last nite was one of Thornton's usual foo-bahs performance. First he had an open net from 10 ft. and missed the net; then later he had a shot at checking a defenseman as he was moving the puck, and he waved his stick around, never took the guy out of the play which led to one of Edmonton's goals. he is pathetic at controlling the puck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: kampfer back to prov:
    have no clue on Kamfer, but Paille could definitely improve the 4th line if he replaced Thornton. Last nite was one of Thornton's usual foo-bahs performance. First he had an open net from 10 ft. and missed the net; then later he had a shot at checking a defenseman as he was moving the puck, and he waved his stick around, never took the guy out of the play which led to one of Edmonton's goals. he is pathetic at controlling the puck.
    Posted by bogie6

And he is supposed to help Seguin with his defensive play? Yeah, right...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Thorton will be in tomorrow night.  Ottawa has some guys willing to drop the gloves .
    After that it would be a good idea scratching Thorton. His turn is up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

have no clue on Kamfer, but Paille could definitely improve the 4th line if he replaced Thornton. Last nite was one of Thornton's usual foo-bahs performance. Posted by bogie6

I thought Paille played great when he came back from suspension. Bruins players can stick up for themselves as Horton and Marchand showed last night good points Bogie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Thorton will be in tomorrow night.  Ottawa has some guys willing to drop the gloves . After that it would be a good idea scratching Thorton. His turn is up.
    Posted by BsLegion

I agree. If they plan on scratching Thornton in the playoffs they best get Paille in for him consistently down the stretch...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

I was in an elevator with Ference Sunday before the team left for Rexall place in Edmonton. He is having a hard time walking. He is not ready to go anywhere except the doctor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I was in an elevator with Ference Sunday before the team left for Rexall place in Edmonton. He is having a hard time walking. He is not ready to go anywhere except the doctor.
    Posted by soups-7

Please say it is not his glass groin although I can't see how that hit would have hurt him there...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: kampfer back to prov : Please say it is not his glass groin although I can't see how that hit would have hurt him there...
    Posted by jmwalters

I think it was the knee to knee contact. Not saying it was a knee to knee hit though. It was a good huge hit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Disagree.  Solid 5th or 6th D Man.  Buffalo got a good veteran.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Disagree.  Solid 5th or 6th D Man.  Buffalo got a good veteran.
    Posted by BBReigns

The Montador in Buffalo, seems to be a better player then the one who arrived in Boston.  He seems more comfortable moving the puck there.  When he was with the B's I could not make sense of the scouting reports I had read, seeing him in Buffalo I understand them.  I don't know if it is having more time to get acclimated or if it was an injury he was playing through with the B's, but that's what I saw.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Kampfer while a very mobile D and has above average IQ is a wannabe point defenseman right now. He looks good carrying the puck but the outcome is that no goals result. His shot is weak and passing is just avg

He puts pressure on his defensive partner and other forwards to be on the lookout to play his spot when he rushes or pinches

Kampfer needs more experience. Could see him back soon though. 

Bartowski needs work. I doubt he will be brought up. I also thought Alexandrov would be better than what he has shown in providence thus far.

One guy who we could see up other than kampfer being recalled is Jeff Penner. Only d now in prov that has plus stats. Decent skater just like Kampfer

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Kampfer while a very mobile D and has above average IQ is a wannabe point defenseman right now. He looks good carrying the puck but the outcome is that no goals result. His shot is weak and passing is just avg He puts pressure on his defensive partner and other forwards to be on the lookout to play his spot when he rushes or pinches Kampfer needs more experience. Could see him back soon though.  Bartowski needs work. I doubt he will be brought up. I also thought Alexandrov would be better than what he has shown in providence thus far. One guy who we could see up other than kampfer being recalled is Jeff Penner. Only d now in prov that has plus stats. Decent skater just like Kampfer
    Posted by yaz16

Penner will not be called up(not for Boston anyways).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Maybe big Boris?  Ference out for a couple weeks and Hnidy not ready for another month, so I don't understand why Kampfer is being sent down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: kampfer back to prov : The Montador in Buffalo, seems to be a better player then the one who arrived in Boston.  He seems more comfortable moving the puck there.  When he was with the B's I could not make sense of the scouting reports I had read, seeing him in Buffalo I understand them.  I don't know if it is having more time to get acclimated or if it was an injury he was playing through with the B's, but that's what I saw.
    Posted by RickyHussle

I really dont like Montador. A good part of that is probably because of what you just said. He seems to be better on Buffalo for some reason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: kampfer back to prov : I really dont like Montador. A good part of that is probably because of what you just said. He seems to be better on Buffalo for some reason.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

I can't forget the puck he put on a tee for Staal in the Carolina series 2 years ago.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Can someone explain this ?
    This from the Bruins blog:

According to Chiarelli, Ference's injury is not serious, but he added that it's possible the veteran defenseman will be sidelined for the next two weeks or more.

So why has Kampfer been sent down ? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I'm having trouble doing the math when the Bruins play tomorrow.  If Ference is out, and Kampfer is in Providence, and Hnidy is not ready, and there are no call-ups -- who is the 6th D-man??

Chara-Kaberle

Seidenberg-McQuaid

Boychuk-??

Apologize in advance if I am missing something obvious...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Posted by soups-7

If you truly correct then the d pairings tomorrow are dubiously in question.  The only thing I can think is he was wearing a brace to isolated a knee sprain.  Did you see him walk?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

In Response to Re: kampfer back to prov : If you truly correct then the d pairings tomorrow are dubiously in question.  The only thing I can think is he was wearing a brace to isolated a knee sprain.  Did you see him walk?
    Posted by islamorada

He walked off the elavator but he looked like he had a walking cast on. He was struggling to bend his knee or put weight on it, the 2 weeks PC is saying sounds right. He said he was in some discomfort, that's it. I hope its not his groin either, Kampfer cannot go back to P town, where is the media report saying he is going anywhere.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

thornton 6th dman  paille in lineup with camp and seguin on 4th for tom night

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i was kidding kamper will be back tom

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Wait, was there ever a link stating Kampfer was being sent down?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: kampfer back to prov : I see no reason to believe Seguin will be replaced.  He seems to be playing well on this line.  His defensive game has been improving and he is even bringing a little offense, somewhat like Marchand did earlier in the year.  I believe that until Seguin makes this line a vulnerability he will get the chance to continue to grow in the position.
    Posted by RickyHussle

agreed if paille plays its got to be thornton out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Wait, was there ever a link stating Kampfer was being sent down?
    Posted by callodthedom19

No official media report (i.e. boston.com, bruins.com), but it was reported on the AHL website that Kampfer was returned to Providence on loan from Boston.
    http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php?f_season_id=34&f_team_id=309

Sections
Shortcuts