Kampfer complaining

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kampfer complaining

From Fluto:

In retrospect, Kampfer was surprised that Ritola wasn't called for a penalty.

"I saw the tape," said Kampfer of the play. "It kind of rubs me the wrong way that there was no penalty on the play, because he had no intention of playing the puck. It bothered me that way. I thought it was a clean hit because my body was square. But it's not fun when you're not expecting a hit. It's frustrating because you don't want to sit out either."

Here's the play again:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8jTOx2LwiA

It's a great hit.  Kampfer shouldn't be complaining about anything.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Kampfer complaining

Agreed.  He's implying that it wasn't a good hit because he wasn't expecting it...?

I think that is the key to any good hit.  I love it when a Bruins player catches a guy like that, but sometimes Bruins players are on the receiving end too.  Dust yourself off...

He's out of line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Thought it was a good clean hit.

Very surprised that a rookie (Kampher) would go public questioning that hit. Kind of makes me question Kampher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He's bent because the TB player had no intention of playing the puck.  I'm really bothered by this, the more I think about it.  The team's biggest cry baby is out for the year, so now we have to listen to this?

It's hockey, kid. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I thought his wording was meant to imply he thought it could have been called interference.  I don't see it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Rub some dirt on it ! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What did you expect Kampfer say ? "Oh what a wonderful player Ritoli is can't wait to play against him next time he's quite a competitor." Young Steven needs to go watch "What rookies should or shouldn't say in an interview" again.

In two years the answer will be "(laugh) the date we play next is circled (smile)."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Kampfer complaining:
    [QUOTE]What did you expect Kampfer say ? "Oh what a wonderful player Ritoli is can't wait to play against him next time he's quite a competitor." Young Steven needs to go watch "What rookies should or shouldn't say in an interview" again.   In two years the answer will be "(laugh) the date we play next is circled (smile)."
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I don't know what I wanted him to say, if anything, but complaining that there was no penalty called on a clean hit isn't at the top of the list.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Give the kid a break...his young career has already been marred by two major incidents involving his head while at Michigan.

In 2009, he was ko'd by a vicious on ice attack by two Michigan State players:
    http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/other/index.ssf/2009/01/michigan_hockey_coach_red_bere_2.html

In 2008, he was assaulted by a Michigan football player and sustained injuries:
    http://www.michigandaily.com/content/2008-10-15/injured-hockey-player-kampfer-was-hospitalized-after-assault-football-player-sour

Maybe Kampfer is a little sensitive because of his history, not to mention the broken nose from earlier in the year.  Also worth noting that the kids is a rookie with 35 NHL games under his belt.

So, to all of you tough guys out there...you might want to cut the kid a little slack.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

It was clean. Kampfer is just frustrated to be out with another concussion when he is just starting to build his nhl future

Even though he is young, a few more of these and he should call it quits. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The "intention of playing the puck" is the clincher.  Some of you more knowlegeable fans can clarify this but is this an application of "european football" into hockey???  I guess I need to adjust to the new NHL, but I believe hitting a player with the puck was legal in hockey.  Kampfer exposed himself to the hit to make the pass, welcome to the NHL.... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Any chance he feels like the hit was targeted to his head?  Not saying that he is right, but any chance that is what he is trying to convey by his comments?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kampfer complaining : I don't know what I wanted him to say, if anything, but complaining that there was no penalty called on a clean hit isn't at the top of the list.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Kampfers been the victim of vicous attacks to his heads before. I dont blame him at all for overreacting to something that gave him a concussion. I was out of hockey for over a year because of an intentional knee-knee hit. You better believe when I get even barely any type of knee-knee contact I get extra-pissed. Just like Kampfer will when someone hits his head.

What I read out of that quote is that he's mostly upset about not being able to play and wishes he could. Not whining.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

maybe they should all wear motorcycle helmets.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I think we're all missing the point here. i couldn't care less about what he said, or what the  un-written rule is for rookies, or any of that post-game c*ap...what I DO care about is that this kid is 100% healthy for the playoffs. b/c in case we need reminding, he really can play the game despite some rookie mistakes.

his skating ability, goal-scoring, and overall energy for puck retrieval is going to be needed, so instead of Fluto et al focusing on comments that in the end mean nothing at all, I'd rather hear about his medical condition, and whether he's expected to be out for any real length of time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

"Bearit", you are right. Fluto fails to report any semblance of real problems, all Fluto knows are his best eating spots and how to  pick this kid's off the cuff comment. The replay sure does look like an elbow up high. If it only slammed the shoulder Ok, But elbow steel against the helmet is what everyone crucified Paille about

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kampfer complaining : Kampfers been the victim of vicous attacks to his heads before. I dont blame him at all for overreacting to something that gave him a concussion. I was out of hockey for over a year because of an intentional knee-knee hit. You better believe when I get even barely any type of knee-knee contact I get extra-pissed. Just like Kampfer will when someone hits his head. What I read out of that quote is that he's mostly upset about not being able to play and wishes he could. Not whining.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Agree. I wish him a speedy and full recovery and I really hope this doesn't affect his game when he comes back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I think we're all missing the point here. i couldn't care less about what he said, or what the  un-written rule is for rookies, or any of that post-game c*ap...what I DO care about is that this kid is 100% healthy for the playoffs. b/c in case we need reminding, he really can play the game despite some rookie mistakes. his skating ability, goal-scoring, and overall energy for puck retrieval is going to be needed, so instead of Fluto et al focusing on comments that in the end mean nothing at all, I'd rather hear about his medical condition, and whether he's expected to be out for any real length of time.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

If you want to start a greeting card thread for the kid, feel free, and then the point there will be hoping he gets better.

The point here is that he got rocked on a clean hit and he's complaining to the media that there was no call.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

I'd have to see the replay agin to see if it was "interferenece". If it was... I have no problem with him questioning the call...you don't expect to be smacked when you don't have the puck. If he did have the puck (or "very very" close to it)...then I agree with the people who say he shouldn't whine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kampfer complaining : If you want to start a greeting card thread for the kid, feel free, and then the point there will be hoping he gets better. The point here is that he got rocked on a clean hit and he's complaining to the media that there was no call.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

There's no point to that point...that's the point. The reporter should be reporting on the status of the player, not his opinion of whether he liked getting hit or not. The rest is gossip.

One matters, the other doesn't. Or do you somehow think Kampfer's comments one way or the other will get him back on the ice faster?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

2 Points:
    1. Clean hit: His head was down and he got smoked (legally)
    2. Spray some Windex on it, suck it up, and learn from it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Comments like this one make you wonder if there's a reason a guy gets a target on his back.  That assault story just makes you wonder why Kampfer got body slammed and not his friend, who is the one who apparently made comments to football player.  History?  Something he said that the witnesses didn't see?  Getting suckered by the MSU guys...it seems odd that that response came from one hit, and not even a knee-on-knee or elbows up shot. 

Then I read about the kid's father confronting the MSU player, and I wonder if there's a picture there that explains him thinking he's above being rocked by a clean hit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

My 1st reaction on the hit was interference, SK didnt have a chance to play the puck due to the hit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I felt it should have been an interference call. It wasnt like the hit was after kampfer passed it or even had the puck. Kampfer was still a couple strides from the puck and got blind sided. Its like the poor sap in football running after someone and getting cleaned out from someone coming the other way. Its one thing to be on top of the puck or in possesion or just getting rid of the puck, and none of those even occurred and he got hit. If you watch the puck, it comes around the boards and gets beyond both players and the pittsburgh player targets Kampfer. Never had any intention of playing the puck. I'll say the check was clean in that he hit kampfer in the side to front, but should have been interference for where the puck to players were.

Sections
Shortcuts