Kampfer complaining

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Kampfer complaining

In Response to Re: Kampfer complaining:
    It was a good hit.  If it was Lucic doing the same to an opposing Dman we would be worshipping him.  Kampfer reached and swiped at the puck, but happened to miss it by inches.  The reach is what exposed him and made the hit as violent as it was.
    Posted by hangnail

The reach is what caused Savard to be in a bad position on the Hunwick hit as well. Growing up playing we were always taught to never reach and to always skate to the puck. It really does leave you volnurable when you extend like that, especailly along the boards.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He's bent because the TB player had no intention of playing the puck.  I'm really bothered by this, the more I think about it.  The team's biggest cry baby is out for the year, so now we have to listen to this? It's hockey, kid. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

The teams biggest crybaby is also the most offensively skilled player on the team.  I hope the PP starts improving with what they have now, because he more than likely makes it better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I really hate taking sides here, but NAS is right.  Rotola doesn't have to play the puck at all -- all that matters is that Kampfer is playing the puck when he hits him.  I don't like Ritola, but that was a clean hit, and for the rookie to complain to the media about it (without really saying what was wrong with it..."I wasn't expecting it...") was out of line.

I have no problem with Kampfer being upset, and if he thought it was an uncalled for hit, that's fine too.  But keep it to yourself or at least confined to the locker room.  No need to say anything to the media about it.

I like Kampfer.  Hope he learnes from it and moves on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

I find players are complaining more and more about hits and what not.  Kampfer, if you didn't like the hit, punch him in the face and tell him.  Get well and get ready. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

It was a good hit.  If it was Lucic doing the same to an opposing Dman we would be worshipping him.  Kampfer reached and swiped at the puck, but happened to miss it by inches.  The reach is what exposed him and made the hit as violent as it was.
    Posted by hangnail

Of course I would be worshiping the hit if it were Lucic, but I would still think Lucic got away with one. And for being 2-3 inches from the puck, the camera angle during the game sure didnt show that. I'll have to check out NAS's video, which by the way may have produced a different angle, making it look like SK was closer than he really was. Maybe that was the angle the ref had and didnt make the call.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I still think the whole clean hit/bad hit thing is beside the point.  These borderline interference calls go on in every game.  I've seen some guys draw penalties by getting cranked after missing the puck - they didn't play the puck, so they should have been left clean.  I hate it every time I see it.  Point being, if you want to chirp on the ice, fine, but after the fact and after an injury, it makes you sound like you're whining because you were hurt.  That's the sum total of this as I see it.

Sections
Shortcuts