Kampfer or McQuaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Kampfer or McQuaid

Like what I see from Kampfer in limited time, I think the Bs should keep Kampfer and scratch McQuaid when Stuart returns. Seems like he's one of our best offensive D men on a team with very few. McQuaid doesn't bring much more than a solid defensive presence IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Re: Kampfer or McQuaid

I like 'em both. I think because of his mobility, Kampfer has to play when the D is healthy—but "healthy" and "D" isn't always the case, is it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Mcquaid is the better D man at this point, Kampfer could be this years Matt Hunwick, lets not go crazy, he jumps up, he takes chances, and he was also out a position a ton last night, and was directly responsible for several of montreas scoring chances, Thomas saved him, and most of the teams bacon all night, or we would be talking about how terrible he was in last nights game..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Scratch Stuart

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

I think its crazy how kampfer walks in and gets all this power play time.

Not to mention more ice time than boychuk, ference and mcquaid. After he gets dogged for a partial breakaway and a rookie holding call in the corner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I actually think Kampfer and McQuaid might have made Mark Stuart expendable. Don't get me wrong here as I am a huge Stu fan but he could fetch more in a trade right now. Teams are looking for tough dmen like Mark right now. Then Bartkowski could get some play time as the 7th Dman platooning him a little with McQuaid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Ference gets scratched.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

In Response to Re: Kampfer or McQuaid:
    [QUOTE]I actually think Kampfer and McQuaid might have made Mark Stuart expendable. Don't get me wrong here as I am a huge Stu fan but he could fetch more in a trade right now. Teams are looking for tough dmen like Mark right now. Then Bartkowski could get some play time as the 7th Dman platooning him a little with McQuaid.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

The last thing the Bruins need is to get rid of their only tough consistent D-man. Have you noticed the record since he has been gone?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Yeah i get rid of ference before stu. Stuart is a tough customer and maybe one of the last ones left to stick up for anybody on this team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Hunwick looked good too back when.......Clod just can't develop young guys. He is so scared of giving up a goal. Kampfer will only get worse

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Mcquaid is the better D man at this point, Kampfer could be this years Matt Hunwick, lets not go crazy, he jumps up, he takes chances, and he was also out a position a ton last night, and was directly responsible for several of montreas scoring chances, Thomas saved him, and most of the teams bacon all night, or we would be talking about how terrible he was in last nights game..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Roler- McQuaid has 37 NHL games under his belt, let's not go crazy and suggest that he is an established NHL D-man at this point in his career.

I like them both, prefer Kampfer based on the limited sample-size.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In order to get some talent back on the wing you have to give up talent Stuart ,whom I like, would bring in talent because he is talented. McQuaid can essentially do Stuart's job now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

The Bruins are getting NOTHING out of these Dmen

Ference
    Stuart
    Boychuk
    McQuaid

What do you expect the coach to do? Boychuk has been a huge diappointment. I also expected the overrated GM to find a quality Dman before the season started. But when you completely butcher the salary cap I guess its impossible. So you play 4 AHL grade Dmen and wonder why your team suxs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Crowls, nice analysis, except I never said he was established, I said he was better at this point, and he is..

Kampfer was horrible last night though, he makes some good plays, but defensively there are a lot of holes.. Hunwick had 25 points in his first 42 games, and looked great..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

In my opinion and I realize its just that, my opinion. I personally would like to see them deal Ference when Stuart comes back and keep both McQuaid and Kampfer in the lineup. Ference is way ovepaid and he is average at best and that is being nice. I would take that money to resign Stuart for 2-3 years since he is only under contract this year. I think Stuart is out best all around defenseman and would hate to see him go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Mcquaid is their only consistently tough D now... prolly been laying low the past 2 games after the Shelley hit. We need both him and Stuart back there. Gas Ference if Kampher is so darned good

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I'd keep em both- ba-bye Ference...+ cap relief

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

I agree about Ferrence.  Ferenece is not gifted offensively and weak defensively.  He tries, but he is just too small and a liablity.  Look atthe highlights of the Montreal game and you will see that he is out there for 3 of the goals, and he is in position to do something, but he simply doesn't, unless you want to count directing one of the goals into our net.

Trade Ferrence and a pick or another forward for a puck moving defenceman, who can move through the zone. One of our main problems is gaining the blue line.  If we have a scoring threat from the backside, the opposing defense will back up a few steps in fear of giving up a breakaway, and create more rushing chances for our forwards and D.  I am sick of seeing dumping and trying to scratch and claw the puck out.  Get someone who can move, and maintain the puck on a carry, and all of our forward become instanly better. 

As far as McQuaid or Kampfer, I like McQuaid if we add a scoring D.  He is not flashy, but steady, and he makes few mistakes.  Give Kampfer the experience, then send him back to Providence to hone his skills.  Bring him up as a injuy sub again if needed, and see how much better he is next season...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Obviously Roler is watching a different game since ford stated that Ference was on for all 3 goals and even helped put it in the net when he went down close in on Timmy limiting Timmy's play. Kamfer was not as good as the earlier games when he played with Seidenberg. He was still better than Boychuck and Ference, but, he was never sure as to what Chara would do. That confusion may tell us more about the consistent confusion all year long. Is Chara's style difficult for the rest of the team to interpret. Confusion would not happen in practice, but whan Chara has the puck it is always a guessing game as to what he will do. Sometimes he holds and the entire team has to stop skating and wait; other times he tries a "home-run" pass and it goes for icing; We tend to critique the other players, but that may be wrong. If Claude's instructions to Kamfer were " watch Chara" then that removes much of the speed and spontaneity we see when Kamfer is with Seids{ it's called chemistry]. I'd rather see Seids and Kamfer as the no.1 D and Chara come on vs. other team's lesser players where his individualistic style could have better results. Just an observation, not a criticism.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bogie..Great call.. I was dead wrong about ference.. oh right, I never mentioned ference at all, this discussion was about kampfer and Mcquaid.. And Kampfer had some turnovers that thomas bailed him out on, he was taking too many chances..

So as I stated at this point, Mcquaid is the better D man..

you want to take another shot at that?  I mean you know he can play badly and still not show up on the score sheet as having done so, just as easily as you can play well and not show up on the score sheet?? 

I will add to that, the deflection in off ference, those things happen, he had a bad night on the score sheet, his play was on par with the rest of the team

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112ALLAASAll&sort=plusMinus&viewName=plusMinus

Yah Ference is awful 10th in the league in +/-. Plus- 14 overall get rid of him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Stuart is "Mr Tough To Play Against" he's been known to put hits like that Subban hit three times in a game, block a half dozen shots and pummel someones face in.

I'll take Stuart & Kampfer over McQuaid any day.

[QUOTE]Scratch Stuart
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Boychuck has not played as well this year as last. McQuaid isn't as good, and Ference didn't pack bring his brain to the rink in the last game. And I like both Boychuck and Ference a lot. And hell, Ference & McQuaid both have less offensive touch than Stuart, for the love of Bourque use your brains folks.

[QUOTE]I think its crazy how kampfer walks in and gets all this power play time. Not to mention more ice time than boychuk, ference and mcquaid. After he gets dogged for a partial breakaway and a rookie holding call in the corner.
    Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

I agree the players havent been playing great, but the idea i guess you can say is that claude is a big fan of players earning their playing time. the 4th line obviously loves this idea. I dont want you to think im bashing kampfer either, i thinks hes been failry solid, for the most part. But we are talking serious playing time for a kid that has alot of room to grow, with only 3 games under his belt. Why isnt seguin seeing the playing time on the power play, and the same leash kampfer has been allowed. Is he less deserving of kampfer for any particular reason?

This isnt so much as to compare the players as individuals, but more what they bring to game that gets them their playing time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'll bet you anything you like if Hunwick hadn't been on an NHL contract Kampfer would have been on the roster opening night. Let's not forget that he was the guy who was captain for the rookie games, and was paired with Chara a lot during the preseason. He was  also leading all PBruin D in points adn IIRC second on the team in points overall when recalled.

[QUOTE]I agree the players havent been playing great, but the idea i guess you can say is that claude is a big fan of players earning their playing time. the 4th line obviously loves this idea. I dont want you to think im bashing kampfer either, i thinks hes been failry solid, for the most part. But we are talking serious playing time for a kid that has alot of room to grow, with only 3 games under his belt. Why isnt seguin seeing the playing time on the power play, and the same leash kampfer has been allowed. Is he less deserving of kampfer for any particular reason? This isnt so much as to compare the players as individuals, but more what they bring to game that gets them their playing time.
    Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]